Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Guys help me! I woke up an hour ago and my bunny was sitting and when she saw me she fixed her position but she didn’t come to me. I left her thinking maybe she wants to sleep. After that I took her to my room, every time i move her cage she always gets excited and jumps around because she knows she is getting out of the cage, but she didn’t move at all! And when I brought her hay she refused to eat and stayed in the same place same position for an hour. I got super worried and I took her out, she is jumping around but she looks weak, she went behind the door and laid there. Could it be gases or something? because yesterday she ate radish greens and apple. I saw a video that says YOUR RABBIT IS DYING, PET YOUR RABBIT UNTIL THEY DIE, YOU CANT DO ANYTHING. Now I’m super worried and the vet is closed now + she gets sooo scared and stressed when i take her out of the house so I don’t want to take her to the vet if its not necessary. Can these signs be from gasses or anything that can be solved from home or does it always mean that something bad is happening?

It could possibly be gas. How old is your rabbit and do you know when she last ate and was behaving normally? You could try doing belly message this has resolved gas trouble for me 3/4 times. The one time it didn’t the gas happened overnight so I wasn’t able to do the belly message like I normally do so after 12 hours of bunny not eating he went to the vet. If your bunny doesn’t eat in 12 hours I’d get vet help. Even if the vet is closed there should be one running an out of hours service unfortunately it’s just quite expensive. I haven’t personally used them but I’ve heard baby gas drops could help gas. Just be wary that you are not dealing with a blockage as only a vet can resolve that, search symptoms of gas vs blockage just in case so you know how to distinguish.

It could possibly be gas. How old is your rabbit and do you know when she last ate and was behaving normally? You could try doing belly message this has resolved gas trouble for me 3/4 times. The one time it didn’t the gas happened overnight so I wasn’t able to do the belly message like I normally do so after 12 hours of bunny not eating he went to the vet. If your bunny doesn’t eat in 12 hours I’d get vet help. Even if the vet is closed there should be one running an out of hours service unfortunately it’s just quite expensive. I haven’t personally used them but I’ve heard baby gas drops could help gas. Just be wary that you are not dealing with a blockage as only a vet can resolve that, search symptoms of gas vs blockage just in case so you know how to distinguish.
Yesterday she was fine, she ate and played and every thing. She is 4 months old

Massage her stomach

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiqxcvTs_frAhUBPq0KHd_ZDQEQFjABegQIDhAN&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbyC6CWbm5M&usg=AOvVaw0YONBRxvgL7CQWqumvNWgs

Do you have baby gas drops ?
But please don’t wait till 12 hours to the vet, in 8 hours bring your rabbit to the vet if not eating.
That’s just me but the sooner your rabbit can get to the vet the better

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...help-rabbit/&usg=AOvVaw0ZttkEnWe1391pPFCV67SG

Last edited:
That’s a sign of gas pain often, if she still ate a bit during the day but later stopped. Baby gas drop with active substance simethicone will often help within 2 hours, depending of the concentration of the active substance you will need to adjust the dosage. If it’s not gas and it’s another thing it will still be emergency. A rabbit not eating is dangerous.

Find a rabbit savy vet and take her to them or at least a vet, that have treated bunnies before. They should be able to help and get your bunny back to normal.

As the other said massaging will help with gas pain, moving around and baby gas drops.

Other signs to the cause can be bloackage, bloating a lot because of gas and gi stasis. Badly bloated that’s directly vet care and nothing you should handle, little bloating is okay to handle.

Please go see a rabbit savy vet,
Gas and in a previous post you talked about white snot.

I suggest try contacting a Rabbit Rescue where you live for vet recommendation, they are often cheap and well-experienced.
I talked to the vet about the snot and it appeared to be her skin 🌚 + we dont have a rabbit savy vet nor a rabbit rescue in our country.. I called all the good vets that I know and they are not answering. They are closed and will open after 3 hours. I tried massaging her belly but she didn’t like it and she kept running away, I didn’t want to annoy her especially when she is sick and in pain.

I’ve includEd this, because force feeding an obstructed bunny can make things a lot worse, does her belly look swollen

Attachments

• 05749B7A-A265-4A96-8B16-7061E9EB6ACC.png
    05749B7A-A265-4A96-8B16-7061E9EB6ACC.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Update guys.. i took her to the vet, they took an ultrasound and the doctor said the poop is trapped or something, I didn’t really understand because he was speaking in English and English isn’t my first language. He said it could be constipation or gl bacteria. They had to take blood test and they couldn’t, they said that her vains are very small. They gave me ezilax lactulose, to (flush the constipated poop) and multi vitamins so it would make her eat again. And also antibiotic for a week
I’ve includEd this, because force feeding an obstructed bunny can make things a lot worse, does her belly look swollen
Her belly is not swollen and it’s not bloated.

Update guys.. i took her to the vet, they took an ultrasound and the doctor said the poop is trapped or something, I didn’t really understand because he was speaking in English and English isn’t my first language. He said it could be constipation or gl bacteria. They had to take blood test and they couldn’t, they said that her vains are very small. They gave me ezilax lactulose, to (flush the constipated poop) and multi vitamins so it would make her eat again. And also antibiotic for a week

Her belly is not swollen and it’s not bloated.
It is quite likely that her gut has slowed down because of new and/or inappropriate food and/or too much non-hay food. You mention raddish greens and apple. I would not give fruit for a start. Any new food has to be introduced in very tiny quantities. Best to stick to herbs, easier to digest, and don't give more than the size of their head in fresh food. They need to be eating hay for several hours a day. She doesn't need vitamins or antibiotics. What she needs is painkiller and gut stimulants (e.g. cisapride, metoclopramide, ranitidine).

Latest posts

Back