Am I going to have babies tonight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harmony - prebirth...and babies

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Tessie wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Was the rescue pregnant when you got her, or did you breed her yourself? I'm just curious, because while it was good to rescue her, I find it irresponsible to have bred her. ;) If she was already pregnant, are you going to spay her after this litter? I think that would be best, because it's really irresponsible, especially since she's a mix. ;)

Emily

Who are you asking ? If it's me heck no i did not breed her I have had her two weeks and she is ready to give birth.

i just reread your post so I'm guessing you are not talking to me because my rescue girl is full blooded Mini Rex. She is beautiful and perfect.

Tessie

I was asking anyone with rescue's who are pregnant. ;)

Regardless if you got her that way, she probably isn't having purebred kits... Are you sure she's purebred, by the way? And just curious if she will be spayed after this litter?

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Was the rescue pregnant when you got her, or did you breed her yourself? I'm just curious, because while it was good to rescue her, I find it irresponsible to have bred her. ;) If she was already pregnant, are you going to spay her after this litter? I think that would be best, because it's really irresponsible, especially since she's a mix. ;)

Emily
She was in a cage with 9 other adult rabbits, males and females since it didnt really matter if they where going to mate or not because they where originally going to be killed for meat, and when i got them the guy told me they where both female so we kept them together, and they loved each others company, so the first time she got pregnant was a month after we got her, totally unexpected, and now we found out that cupcake, is actually a male so now his name is charlie :p xD funny stuff^^

Yes...we must have more babies born soon...we must...we must.

We also LOVE pictures.

as soon as my bun has her litter, i will post pics!!!

Also, my bun was lying down on her side again, but this time I heard her breathing really heavily and her tummy seemed to be growling... is this normal? cuz its kinda freaking me out...:?

No babies here not yet :(But she did let me feel her belly it is big hard and lumpy .:)

Can you feel babies kicking ? I know dogs and cats youcan.

Tessie wrote:
No babies here not yet :(But she did let me feel her belly it is big hard and lumpy .:)

Can you feel babies kicking ? I know dogs and cats youcan.
Yes you can sometimes if the mom will be still long enough.
I love to feel my rats bellies and bunny bellies when they are pregnant

Not too sure stephanie
I was hoping our more experienced folks would say something...

Maybe some more hay? If this keeps up though she may need a trip to the hospital. I hope she isn't having complications! :pray:

I don't have time to read all the replies but since this is a rescue bun, do you know her actual due date? Some does will nest up to two weeks before they kindle, which is why I ask. I wouldn't be too worried yet, unless you're sure of her due date. :)

I have writen in my thread for Stephanie. Because she came in mine and asked about her bunny!

Stephanie do you know her breeding date? Rabbits can go over their due date. If you know how many days out she is, I can help you with advice as to what I do with my does.

Ok, they can go up to 34 days generally without concern. If she goes beyond that you have a few options. You can breed her to the buck again which may stimulate labor. You can do this now if you like. Is this her first litter? I have found it normal in my first time moms to go over.
The other option you have is to get oxytocin to induce her labor. However since it is difficult to obtain the best thing to do is to breed her to the buck and see if it stimulates labor. If not you can try again tomorrow.

Oh, if you breed her to the buck make sure you stay right there to supervise, because she may not allow him to breed her since she is taken already and if she doesn't she could hurt him. So if she gets upset remove her immediately. Also make sure he is not to aggressive with her.

But breeding back can be very dangerous.. But there are other options too!! I heard feeding her lavender..

Latest posts

Back