Am I going to have babies tonight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AnimalLoverStefi wrote:
i cant really feel and kicks, i only hear the gurgling, guys is this normal for a pregnant doe?
I don't know much about breeding bunnies, but I do know a soft gurgling sound is normal in all bunnies and a good thing. It means the digestive track is doing it's job. When it's silent or there is very loud gurgling then that's a problem. So no worries!

:bunny24

Well - Athena just made her nest and had two very large dead babies. It broke my heart to see her licking them to try to get them to wake up.

She may still have some more as she was fairly large and she's acting like she still is in labor (not hard labor - she's just not settled down yet like a doe who has had all of her litter does).

I tried giving her two of Harmony's kits to see if maybe she would nurse them which would help stimulate the others to be born. No go...but she does seem happy to think she has some babies.

This is heartbreaking - my first time mama does great - my doe that is a great mama - loses hers.

I suspected she might since today is day 35.

okay so my buns gurgling has gone away, well i still hear it but its not as loud or as constant and shes moving around more. I'll wait to see if she has kits tomorrow, otherwise i guess the breeding didnt stick, which is kinda a good thing since it was accidental, but i was really starting to hope for some kits :) This would be her second litter, she had a litter once before but it was totally unexpected and unfortunately they died. Since I got her from a farmer who bred them for meat, i have no idea if she was bred before and had a litter or what.
I'll keep you guys posted if she has kits tomorrow or not :) (it would be day 34 tomorrow for her). Thanks for the help :biggrin2:

And Tessie, did your bun have her kits yet??? :D

AnimalLoverStefi wrote:
okay so my buns gurgling has gone away, well i still hear it but its not as loud or as constant and shes moving around more. I'll wait to see if she has kits tomorrow, otherwise i guess the breeding didnt stick, which is kinda a good thing since it was accidental, but i was really starting to hope for some kits :) This would be her second litter, she had a litter once before but it was totally unexpected and unfortunately they died. Since I got her from a farmer who bred them for meat, i have no idea if she was bred before and had a litter or what.
I'll keep you guys posted if she has kits tomorrow or not :) (it would be day 34 tomorrow for her). Thanks for the help :biggrin2:

And Tessie, did your bun have her kits yet??? :D
like i said before.. you should be able to feel any babies in there if she is pregnant.. You just need to grab her with your left hand, Grab her the base of her ears and neck, That will hold her still. And then use your right hand to feel.

It's awful to wonder about your buns when they are pregnant.. I was chewing on my nails waiting for my babies to get here. And some does didnt have any.

so with my right hand i just slide it palm up under her tummy right? how much pressure do i apply and what exactly am i feeling for since shes on day 33, golf balls? :p i've never done this before so i just dont want to hurt her or the (may be there) kits ;)

You should be able to feel them easily if she is pregnant and is her due date.. I just grabbed my girl and started rubbing her belly and it was soo easy to feel the babies. I felt huge bumps and movement

Yeah, I would go see. I check my does the day they are due to see. And if I can feel them easily then they are. And they arent they get rebreed

You can also, Cup her up in your arms like you hold her to pet her. And start rubbing her belly like you giving her a belly rub. And you should be able to feel bumpy balls of babies in her belly.. Thats what I did with my lionhead doe. Just giving her belly rubs and thats how i felt them.. :p Good luck!

she wont let me hold her right now but i tried to put my hand underneath, but i couldn't really feel anything. :( i felt her nipples, which i usually cant but other then that, i don't think i felt any balls. but then again, it could just be me

Just wait and see! But sometimes Doe's dont take.. I had 4 doe's that didnt take... Sometimes if A rabbit is overweight and they can grow fat on their uterus and its hard for them to get pregnant like my dutch is having the problem right now. But my other does, I dont know why they didnt take. I'm having a problem with my Standard Rex at the moment. I breed her 5 times. And she is due June 14th. I checked her today and I didnt feel anything again.

But just wait until tomorrow. I would give her another 2 days

Latest posts

Back