Am I going to have babies tonight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahh, my bun is in her wood cage in my garage, we have the doors open and a small light on, but shes use to this so it doesnt bug her :p I just checked on her again and she seems really uncomfortable and is lying on her side again.

I wonder how many breeders are laughing at us for being soooooo excited :biggrin2:This is my first she was a rescue found in my yard . No one answered my posters so she was probably dumped :X.

Actually, I think its cute and I am the same way. Im actually sitting here in anticipation waiting for the babies!!

Tessie wrote:
I wonder how many breeders are laughing at us for being soooooo excited :biggrin2:This is my first she was a rescue found in my yard . No one answered my posters so she was probably dumped :X.
Well, as an experienced breeder....I'm certainly not laughing at you because I'm the exact same way with every litter.

I'm sitting here now anxiously waiting for Harmony to have her first litter - because she's been pulling fur for a bit now. Athena (who technically should have had hers first cause she was bred the day before) is just laying there like, "yeah...I've done this before...I'll build my nest when I have to...".

And Calypso isn't due for two more days and she's just sleeping a lot.

But waiting on these THREE litters is driving me up the wall (and I know all three are pregnant).

So I truly do understand....

i just checked on her and she was grooming herself a lot! she just kept licking her fur close to her hips area. is this normal behavior for a pregnant bun and does this mean that shes going to give birth soon?

I rented a couple of movies to keep me busy :).

I will not go in there :ponder:

I will not go in there :ponder:

I will not go in there after one more checkHA !HA !

What will the babies be? Are they purebred American Sable or a mix? I know how you feel I also have a Standard Chin mom going to have babies any time now and I feel disappointed every time I peek into the nest box and its empty. LOL!!

TinysMom wrote:
Tessie wrote:
Well, as an experienced breeder....I'm certainly not laughing at you because I'm the exact same way with every litter.

I'm sitting here now anxiously waiting for Harmony to have her first litter - because she's been pulling fur for a bit now. Athena (who technically should have had hers first cause she was bred the day before) is just laying there like, "yeah...I've done this before...I'll build my nest when I have to...".

And Calypso isn't due for two more days and she's just sleeping a lot.

But waiting on these THREE litters is driving me up the wall (and I know all three are pregnant).

So I truly do understand....
Just have to share - Harmony had six babies about an hour ago. She's acting like she still has more in the second uterine horn - and since she made two nests - I'm wondering if she's going to have more later this afternoon. (Most does give birth to all of the babies at one time - but sometimes they will have the rest of them later on - its happened to me 3 times).

Your girls will have their babies soon - I hope. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Momma:
12852_161942_240000000.jpg

This is just a couple of days ago :p :
12852_161945_160000000.jpg

Daddy(the little cutie) :) :
12852_221445_020000000.jpg

Latest posts

Back