ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cute, i dont sleep well so my early mornings are spent watching pidge run around and sebi being a lazy butt!

Neville needs bows!

fuzz16 wrote:
Thats cute, i dont sleep well so my early mornings are spent watching pidge run around and sebi being a lazy butt!

Neville needs bows!

Neville needs bows, lol. For his flowing locks. Nah, no bows. My bunnies aren't into dress up.

Neville is funny though. Loves exploring his carrier, but as soon as you want to put him in it, nah, I get to watch his flowing locks as he beats paws. lol

BUNNYS2739.jpg

BUNNYS2755.jpg

K:)

Once the dimmer went off, they were in darkness, with the birds coming awake, and being a shadow like their ancestors.

^^^very cool! I haven't had Agnes outside yet because we don't have a safe run or enclosure yet. But anyway, she has big slider doors for her view and on nice, cool, low humidity days (fewer and far between now since we are getting into Iowa summers) I open the sliders wide for her so she can feel the breeze and hear nature. Thats As close as she's gotten but how lucky for your buns to get that experience!! I liked reading about that. :)

agnesthelion wrote:
Once the dimmer went off, they were in darkness, with the birds coming awake, and being a shadow like their ancestors.

^^^very cool! I haven't had Agnes outside yet because we don't have a safe run or enclosure yet. But anyway, she has big slider doors for her view and on nice, cool, low humidity days (fewer and far between now since we are getting into Iowa summers) I open the sliders wide for her so she can feel the breeze and hear nature. Thats As close as she's gotten but how lucky for your buns to get that experience!! I liked reading about that. :)
Well, I think what you did for Agnes with the sliders was just as stimulating in a way as what Dobby and Willard experienced. Any difference can really stimulate a bunny.

Sounds like you have future plans for a safe run outside. Agnes will really benefit from the fresh air, sunlight, and definitely mental stimulation. Keeps them from getting bored. And totally gives them exercise. Dobby and Willard are still so relaxed from this mornings venture.

BunMommaD wrote:
Oh neville! Pure cuteness! He growing into such a handsome boy, sure to sweep Luna off her feet when the time comes ;)
I look at his pics and have to say he is growing into a very handsome boy.

Luna being very dominate, I think she will be sweeping Neville off his feet. She's a hoot. One day, you'll see. I wonder what type of doe will sweep Mr. Cookie off his feet?

I'm really hoping Mr. Cookie will bond with a sweet girl. I think you are handling it perfectly to make it successful for all of you. Taking your time, patience, and allowing your bunny to be involved in the choice are some of what's needed to help two bunnies, or even more live together. Wishing I knew this before I brought home my first two, would have been a lot easier, but definitely learned from the experience.

I keep going over what went wrong with my bonded boys. No. #1 thing that I know help break the bond, make sure all hormones are out of their system, and all breeds dispense getting rid of hormones differently. Dobby (Marten) was mellow in two months, but Kreacher (Polish) was always a bit high strung so it would have taken longer.

Now at 1, Kreacher has turned into a very sweet gentleman. Big maturity level at that One Year Mark. I really saw Dobby and Kreacher hit their mature mark. I'm watch Neville now start to mature. Still acts like a silly kit, but I see once in a while that reserved adult he's going to be.

I really think you and your husband will enjoy a new bunny as much as Mr. Cookie will, when the time comes.

Their morning run sounds awesome! It must have been wonderful to watch.

Aren't Dobby and Kreacher brothers?

As for Podgie, I will try to get a photo of his tummy soon! I want to take the picture outside. Today would have been great, but it was raining all afternoon. It's basically light out 24 hours a day now, but the light does get dimmer in the evenings. My husband usually gets home from work at about 8:30 and that isn't really an ideal time to take photos outdoors unfortunately. We need to get the pictures of his belly soon though because he's a growing boy and I fear he will outgrow some of his roundness!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Their morning run sounds awesome! It must have been wonderful to watch.

Aren't Dobby and Kreacher brothers?

As for Podgie, I will try to get a photo of his tummy soon! I want to take the picture outside. Today would have been great, but it was raining all afternoon. It's basically light out 24 hours a day now, but the light does get dimmer in the evenings. My husband usually gets home from work at about 8:30 and that isn't really an ideal time to take photos outdoors unfortunately. We need to get the pictures of his belly soon though because he's a growing boy and I fear he will outgrow some of his roundness!
I was just amazed how they both really enjoyed it. It was just so stimulating for them. Especially for Dobby. He's like a new bunny. It's really good to throw some mental stimulation for them. Keeps them active and happy. I see the proof this morning. Dobby is bright eyed and more interested in his surroundings. Believe me, bunnies do get lazy and really need the stimulation to boost their activity. Now I have another form to help stimulate. The other form is moving their crates so that they have a different view of where they are. It works.

Dobby and Kreacher are brothers from different mothers. Kreacher's mom didn't fair well with litter and Kreacher was the only one that survived. It happens with litters. You can read it here how some litters just don't thrive for some reason or another. It happens. The breeder was successful in keeping Kreacher going by fostering him with Dobby's Mom. So when I wanted another, the breeder explained to me about Kreacher's background and when I said I would take him, she kept the two of them together afterwards. And as you can see by my blog, this doesn't guarantee a long term relationship. They truly are individuals. And not pack animals.

Saw your blog. Love the pic of Podge. He's so sweet and I think will be a big boy once he's full grown.

Thanks for the clarification! Are they the same breed or is Dobby a Nethie and Kreacher a Polish? I wondered because I saw that you wrote Dobby is a Marten and Kreacher is a Polish. There is a breed called a Silver Marten, but I thought they were quite a bit bigger than Dobby, and of course other breeds (like Nethies) can have Marten markings.

Sorry if I'm being unclear, I'm running on 0 sleep and my fingers and brain feel flabby :D

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Thanks for the clarification! Are they the same breed or is Dobby a Nethie and Kreacher a Polish? I wondered because I saw that you wrote Dobby is a Marten and Kreacher is a Polish. There is a breed called a Silver Marten, but I thought they were quite a bit bigger than Dobby, and of course other breeds (like Nethies) can have Marten markings.

Sorry if I'm being unclear, I'm running on 0 sleep and my fingers and brain feel flabby :D

Not being unclear at all. Know about 0 sleep too.lol

Kreacher is Polish breed.

Dobby is a Marten colored Netherland. He's actually called a BUB (Big Ugly Buck). Sometimes in dwarf breeds, bucks and does dont' get false genes which makes them bigger than a true dwarf. These BUB and BUD (Big Ugly Doe) are really great for pets. The does are good for dwarf breeding programs. Bigger doe will carry babies so much better than true dwarf does. Plus you don't get as many peanuts in litters as well.

Hahaha I love me a pushy little girl lol that is great! :)

And thank you! I'm really glad we are taking our time and know that once we taking cookie dating, it will be great to have a new lady :) I'm excited for him to have company and a companion :) he's such a lover, I see him falling head over heals for some little lady :)

Awww, tell Dobby that Auntie Shiloh thinks he's beautiful. I suspect Cinny was either a BUB or just a really poor example of a Netherland Dwarf. You've seen the pictures, he doesn't look very Dwarfish. Had 0 impact on how much I loved him though :) Oh and he had sable marten markings! I remember paging through bunny books as a kid, looking for buns like him so I could learn what his markings were called.

BunMommaD wrote:
Hahaha I love me a pushy little girl lol that is great! :)

And thank you! I'm really glad we are taking our time and know that once we taking cookie dating, it will be great to have a new lady :) I'm excited for him to have company and a companion :) he's such a lover, I see him falling head over heals for some little lady :)
Definitely see him falling head over heals. I just can't wait to see who he picks.

ZRabbits wrote:
fuzz16 wrote:

Neville needs bows!

Neville needs bows, lol.  For his flowing locks.  Nah, no bows.  My bunnies aren't into dress up. 

Neville is funny though.  Loves exploring his carrier, but as soon as you want to put him in it, nah, I get to watch his flowing locks as he beats paws.  lol

BUNNYS2739.jpg

BUNNYS2755.jpg

Oh my gosh he's the most adorable bun. :) Love him.

Neville is SOOOOO handsome. lol. I always tell my bucks (Houdini and Chubs) they're the handsomest buns ever, but I think Neville gives them a run for their money! ;)

Our Jr. Holland is shedding sooooo badly right now. I have been pulling clumps of fur off of him (not pulling OUT, just OFF lol) for a week now. :-/ He hates it! But when he lays down on the carpet, the carpet pulls it out. I'd rather have it in my hand and in the garbage! lol.

Fat Pants likes to be brushed with the vacuum cleaner hose so she hasn't been so bad.

Latest posts

Back