ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karen, could you post some more pictures of Dobby? He looks a lot like my first bunny, who I miss every day. My sweet Cinnabun, who has been gone for 10 years (and 1 month), and who kindled my love of bunnies.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Karen, could you post some more pictures of Dobby? He looks a lot like my first bunny, who I miss every day. My sweet Cinnabun, who has been gone for 10 years (and 1 month), and who kindled my love of bunnies.
Sure I could. Hoping this helps. In honor of your Cinnabun. Must have been a very special bunny, who gave you the life long love of such unique critters, as my Dobby has.

Not my favorite pic, but this is why I split the two. Scared me to no end.
BUNNYS297.jpg

One of my first really good pics that I love of Dobby. This is when they had the temporary out door run. It was a big dog crate and a little fence. The bunny run has come a long way since then.
BUNNYS489.jpg

My favorite baby picture of Dobby.
BUNNYS003.jpg

Dobby's favorite spot when he's out and about. I never knew of House bunnies until I came here. He's such a gentleman when he's out. So glad I found out about what a House bunny is.
BUNNYS1197.jpg

Takes Dobby a bit to get used to his surroundings. He's very cautious. First time in his out door run, he found more security in the carrier. But once he warms up to a place, he does have a ball.
BUNNYS472.jpg

Here some pics of him having a ball in the X-pen. This was just before we got the new bunny run up and going.
BUNNYS1638.jpg

BUNNYS1642.jpg

And just after he did his "Bunny Flop". Am so thrilled that he is so comfortable with life now.
BUNNYS1650.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! I always like to help those who miss their bunnies. Especially those bunnies who put such a loving mark on someone's heart! Just like My Dobby has done to me! Bunnies are just so AWESOME

K:)

Awww, poor Dobbers with the hair chunks missing from his face! I can see why you separated them! Thanks so much for posting pictures of him. In some of them, he looks so much like Cinnabun. The 4th and 5th pictures especially. Here are some albums I made with photos of Cinnabun 10 years ago: http://pets.webshots.com/album/47059636zdGvuI?start=0

http://pets.webshots.com/album/65177982qdcpkI

Back in the day when I had to scan all the photo prints :D As a humorous side note, the date the first album was created is now my wedding anniversary :D

Cinnabun was a very special bunny. I had a rather rough adolescence (didn't do anything bad or anything, it was just a rather dreary few years) and Cinny was my best bud. It was terrible when he died. I won't go into the specifics on your blog, but it was even harder because I didn't have any other bunnies to love and had to wait a looong 5 years until I was out living on my own and could get another bunny. Enter Rory :D :D :D A bunnyless home is not a home to me.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Awww, poor Dobbers with the hair chunks missing from his face! I can see why you separated them! Thanks so much for posting pictures of him. In some of them, he looks so much like Cinnabun. The 4th and 5th pictures especially. Here are some albums I made with photos of Cinnabun 10 years ago: http://pets.webshots.com/album/47059636zdGvuI?start=0

http://pets.webshots.com/album/65177982qdcpkI

Back in the day when I had to scan all the photo prints :D As a humorous side note, the date the first album was created is now my wedding anniversary :D

Cinnabun was a very special bunny. I had a rather rough adolescence (didn't do anything bad or anything, it was just a rather dreary few years) and Cinny was my best bud. It was terrible when he died. I won't go into the specifics on your blog, but it was even harder because I didn't have any other bunnies to love and had to wait a looong 5 years until I was out living on my own and could get another bunny. Enter Rory :D :D :D A bunnyless home is not a home to me.

Thanks so much for sharing those pics of your sweet Cinnabun. I can see a resemblance of my Dobby. Absolutely love the pics of Cinnabun and his friend, your dog. Dobby has such a great relationship with Jake too. When out and about, Dobby always goes and visits Jake and have found them laying together and chilling.

And have the same feelings you do. A bunnyless home is not a home to me. There will always be a bunny in my home. They are my saving grace at a very sad, dark time. I am eternally grateful for what they have given back to me at this time in my life.

Hehe, the dog was Daisy, our neighbor's dog. I dogsat her a lot! Her owners went on vacation frequently and she'd stay with us, then they had a baby and she basically moved in with us :) She was great with Cinnabun. He was terrified of every other dog (not that we let them near him or anything, but when he saw them through the sliding glass door and when another neighbor's dog ran in our house once).

Aren't we lucky to have our bunners? I'm so glad you've found something to help you after the death of your son. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child :( My best friend when I was growing up had leukemia three times... Once when she was 6, then a relapse at 9, then a relapse at 12. The last relapse killed her at the age of 13 :( I know losing your best friend isn't anywhere near the same as losing your child, but I am a little familiar with the devastation of childhood leukemia because of it :(

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Hehe, the dog was Daisy, our neighbor's dog. I dogsat her a lot! Her owners went on vacation frequently and she'd stay with us, then they had a baby and she basically moved in with us :) She was great with Cinnabun. He was terrified of every other dog (not that we let them near him or anything, but when he saw them through the sliding glass door and when another neighbor's dog ran in our house once).

Aren't we lucky to have our bunners? I'm so glad you've found something to help you after the death of your son. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child :( My best friend when I was growing up had leukemia three times... Once when she was 6, then a relapse at 9, then a relapse at 12. The last relapse killed her at the age of 13 :( I know losing your best friend isn't anywhere near the same as losing your child, but I am a little familiar with the devastation of childhood leukemia because of it :(
Thanks for telling me about Daisy. She knew where she was really loved.

Yes truly believe we are very lucky to have our bunners. And they have been the best medicine a broken heart can have. So sorry about your childhood friend. Leukemia is a very ugly disease and no matter what some just can't shake it, while others thankfully do. Child or friend, a devastating loss to those who love them.

Daisy's owners loved her too, they were just super busy with their baby and she got more attention at our house :) They paid for her food and vet bills and everything and we got to enjoy her company! I also babysat their son. They were a nice couple :)

Karen, I will be thinking of you and your husband and your son! His name was Henry, right? That's the name Paul and I have picked out if we're ever lucky enough to have a little boy.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Daisy's owners loved her too, they were just super busy with their baby and she got more attention at our house :) They paid for her food and vet bills and everything and we got to enjoy her company! I also babysat their son. They were a nice couple :)

Karen, I will be thinking of you and your husband and your son! His name was Henry, right? That's the name Paul and I have picked out if we're ever lucky enough to have a little boy.
What a lovely arrangement that was for Daisy. They do sound like a nice couple.

Thanks so much for your thoughts. Henry is a good solid name. Wishing you and your husband are blessed with a Henry one day.

Update on ZRabbits:

My Neville is growing up. On June 24th my "Heart" Bunny turns 6 months. He's considered a man in the "Fancy" World. I look at him and think, "He's just not ready." "He's still a baby". Then snap out of it and realize he's a rabbit. And rabbit's maturity level rises very young.

With growing up comes molting. And with a wool breed, its a whole different ball game.

Neville is considered an "ugly" in the show arena by some Lion Head breeders as a kit. That Double Mane gene is just so hard to figure out and get the result wanted at Jr. and Sr. Not that these breeders think the DM were really ugly, but because of too much wool on the face and the saddle and skirt at Jr's with no way of knowing (which they can't predict the future) what the Lion Head will look like at Sr.

Now I know why. It's amazing the transformation I've been watching.

2 months
BUNNYS1341.jpg

2 months saddle shot
BUNNYS1345.jpg

4 months
BUNNYS1473.jpg

Almost 6 months. Taken two weeks ago
BUNNYS2107.jpg

Taken today
BUNNYS2743.jpg

Really see his saddle forming and his skirt shortening.
BUNNYS2765.jpg

Oh on the agility note, out on the course, Luna had a ball. Unfortunately at the time I was tending the garden, but Neville found another way of using it.
BUNNYS2754.jpg

But he did do a LOT of this today. Good exercise either way.
BUNNYS2764.jpg

Kreacher had a ball. Here's my Black Polish.
BUNNYS2823.jpg

And I can't forget My Bunny Watcher!
BUNNYS2714.jpg

Looove neville..i always wanted a lionhead but i want a fluffy one with fluffy face and its hard to know how theyll turn out!

fuzz16 wrote:
Looove neville..i always wanted a lionhead but i want a fluffy one with fluffy face and its hard to know how theyll turn out!
Thanks. Have to agree with you how you never know with this breed. Very unpredictable.

I love the fluffy face too. Gives them such personality.

LindseyG wrote:
He is so cute. Even with his molting! hehe Your dog looks so happy too!
Thanks Lindsey! I won't complain about the molting. Not even close to what you go through. But I do have a baggie of his hair. Just can't get over how soft the wool is.

Yea, Jake is back to his ole self. He was really sick, but this 13 yr old is back acting like a puppy. Like he has all his life.

My thoughts are still with Cotton. Hoping he's doing well and still eating his kale (YAY). And he gets home soon.

Love Neville's fluffy face. The unpredictability and craziness of a lionheads fur is what I LOVE! The odd places their fur sticks up.......silly faces....so cute :)

agnesthelion wrote:
Love Neville's fluffy face. The unpredictability and craziness of a lionheads fur is what I LOVE! The odd places their fur sticks up.......silly faces....so cute :)
I have to agree, since getting Neville and Luna, I love all the different varieties that can be a lion head. Single and Double Mane. Can see how it's so hard to pin down what a true lion head is.

I'll admit I still like my version of a lion head's ears, but am complety enamored with Sammy's Matts. Wonky ears and wool. Though he might have Atts' ears, he definitely has Molly's lion head spunk.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Aww Neville is so handsome! Look at that mane!
Thanks Shiloh, I will say Neville is very handsome, but then I'm prejudice. lol

I can't wait to see is what Podge will turn out to be. I just love his coloring. I know it's hard right now, and wouldn't want you to do anything to scare him during this bonding time, but would love to see his little round belly you talk so lovingly about.

Update on ZRabbits:

Since sleep was never going to happen, both my Husband and I decided to let Dobby and Willard get a taste of being a real rabbit. At 3:30 am, we ventured out to the bunny run. Beautiful early morning. Was kind of reminicent to our Scuba Diving days. Those early drives to the boat.

Anyway, since rabbits are active at this time of day, taking them out gave them a chance to really let their hair down. lol Our backyard has motion detectors and a dimmer. Once the dimmer went off, they were in darkness, with the birds coming awake, and being a shadow like their ancestors. And did they RUN! What manuevers, what speed. I was absolute amazed my Dobby, "the Couch Potato" could move like that. Willard, with his dark coat, was like a shadow. That's all you saw was his outline. I had to set off the motion detectors twice to see how deep Willard had gotten too. Right now they both are completely wiped out. Giving them this experience, was worth the lost sleep.

Yep, my boys enjoyed their venture into the Wild Side.

Sorry, no pics. Was having too much fun watching them enjoy.

Latest posts

Back