ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samara wrote:
What kind of camera are you guys using? I'm in the market.

LOVE this group of pictures. Such action, such drama, such delicious snacks!
I'm using Henry's Nikon D50. I'm finally getting to really learn all the bells and whistle on this camera.

Thanks, the youngins had fun! And so did we.

BTW, the action shot, pure luck, but I'll take it. lol

K:)

No kidding. I leap for joy when I get a decent action shot. I have a hop one of Starling from last night. I'm stilllllll resizing pictures. Whew. This is tedious :p

Update on ZRabbits:

Well the clock has started once again. Yesterday, I successfully made contact with a breeder of Flemish Giants. No babies yet, but will in a few weeks. Will be getting a e-mail once the kits are born and then I get to pick my Future Big Guy!

We at Z-Rabbits are so thrilled and can't wait to experience a Big Breed. When we first thought of bunnies, we didn't think we could accommodate a larger breed, so we went with dwarfs. They have been such a pleasure and taught us so much that we feel now we are ready to have a Big Guy around the house. I know Jake will just love it. He loves his bunnies but to have a bigger one running around, I think Jake will just be thrilled and have a best friend. And I think we might just be successful with two house bunnies. The Dobby and yes we already have a name for our big guy...

Rubeus Hagrid, the Giant from Harry Potter. Just a perfect name for our New Giant Tribe Member!

Will keep you posted. We are all excited here at Z-Rabbits! Looking forward to filling that empty crate in storage! Oh well, what are you going to do. lol

Update on ZRabbits:

Almost forgot. It's OUR One Year Anniversary in stepping into the Land of Bunnies.

Dobby and Kreacher are the starting point and foundation of the Z-Tribe.

One year ago today we brought home our first bunnies. Totally clueless, excited and nervous.

What a year it has been. What an education these two little fluffballs have brought us to.

Thanks Dobby and Kreacher! We are truly in love with being in your Bunny World.

Here they are then:
BUNNYS006.jpg

BUNNYS003.jpg

Here they are Now!

BUNNYS2600.jpg

BUNNYS2492.jpg

Man, they were so wee! I'd forgotten how small they were in those pictures. So adorable.

I love your name choice. I can't even tell you how perfect it is. Well done! I can't wait to see big eared pictures and giant feet!

Samara wrote:
Man, they were so wee! I'd forgotten how small they were in those pictures. So adorable.

I love your name choice. I can't even tell you how perfect it is. Well done! I can't wait to see big eared pictures and giant feet!
I can't believe how tiny they were either. What a nervous time it was for us. But boy has it been an excellent adventure!

I can't wait for my big guy either. Since I'm keeping to the "Harry Potter" theme, it was the perfect name for my Big Guy. A Gentle Giant! It will be such an awesome experience and I thank those two sweet wee ones for helping me get to this stage so that I can comfortably bring a big guy into our Tribe!

Your pics are great and I love reading about your tribe. That Neville....he just could NOT be more handsome. I love, love his color. I think I've mentioned before that was the color of Agnes's brothers!

Love the action shot of Luna. I have a crappy camera and have yet to catch Agnes in flight. I wish I could!!

I must have missed it that you were adding a member to your tribe. Wow! Your tribe is growing by leaps and bounds. Love the name and can't wait to see pics!

agnesthelion wrote:
Your pics are great and I love reading about your tribe. That Neville....he just could NOT be more handsome. I love, love his color. I think I've mentioned before that was the color of Agnes's brothers!

Love the action shot of Luna. I have a crappy camera and have yet to catch Agnes in flight. I wish I could!!

I must have missed it that you were adding a member to your tribe. Wow! Your tribe is growing by leaps and bounds. Love the name and can't wait to see pics!
Yes, you told me about the coloring of Agnes's brother. That's why I'm really curious to see what colors Neville and Luna throw for their first litter. It's amazing. Love the fact that all different coloring can come from one litter!

Get yourself a camera. I love shooting pics and its' a great way for me to have fun with the bunnies. And btw, the action shot, pure luck. lol You be surprised while just snapping what you get. Thank goodness for digital.

Yes, the Z-Tribe will be welcoming a new member to the Tribe. We are happily awaiting the news of the birth of our Flemish Giant. Already in touch with a breeder who will let me know, and then let me pick from the litter. Definitely will let everyone know when the big news arrives!

BunMommaD wrote:
Happy anniversary! And wow! A big bunny too? :D I can't wait to see pics of him :D and totally LOVE the name! It's perfection! :D

Thanks so much Liz. It's been a blast. As you well know having Mr. Cookie around.

Yes, a big bunny is in my future. That's what I thought we would get at first, but decided dwarfs would be better because of space. Plus we had no clue what it was like being around bunnies. My husband, at first, was just to be my backup, but thankfully Bunny Bear came into the picture, which drew in my husband, and he's bonded with ALL of them.

So a few weeks ago, I brought up the subject of big bunnies. He smiled and said I was crazy, but then said, it would be neat to experience one. So I found a breeder, because I do like to start my BIG bunny experience with a kit, like I did with my "little" bunny experience. And now the wait.

I'm truly looking forward to the "BIG" bunny experience.

Awww, Dobby and Kreacher were so itty bitty! So adorable! And how exciting that you're "expecting" a Flemmie. Someday we plan to get one, too! That probably won't be for quite a while though :) Rubeus Hagrid is a perfect name for him. I had a great big Syrian hamster named Rubeus about 5 years ago! When we get our Flemmie one day, if it's a boy I plan to name him Tonka and if a girl, Libby Lu (short for Lilybelle Luna). Yes, I picked these names like two years ago because I'm a weirdo who thinks about these kinds of things.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Awww, Dobby and Kreacher were so itty bitty! So adorable! And how exciting that you're "expecting" a Flemmie. Someday we plan to get one, too! That probably won't be for quite a while though :) Rubeus Hagrid is a perfect name for him. I had a great big Syrian hamster named Rubeus about 5 years ago! When we get our Flemmie one day, if it's a boy I plan to name him Tonka and if a girl, Libby Lu (short for Lilybelle Luna). Yes, I picked these names like two years ago because I'm a weirdo who thinks about these kinds of things.
lol, they were itty bitty. But those itty bitty critters taught me a lot. So thrilled those itty bitty critters came into my life.

I'm really excited about the Flemmie. Thanks, I think it was perfect name too. But love the names you have picked for your future flemmie.

Regarding being a weirdo, I think it's great. Doesn't hurt to know what you want. And I know what I want to name my future bunnies. Already have the pattern. And tribe matches that pattern. Except for Willard. My husband named him on sight. I though gave the nickname of Bunny Bear. lol, he answers to both of them now.

Update on ZRabbits:

Well we now have marigolds in the garden and the bunny run. Plus in garden, more wheat grass. Also planted lavender and beans. Today if my husband has time, we plan on planting arugula and Red Russian Kale.

Bunnies are all doing well, touch wood. Neville is still molting. Poor boy. He looks like he's been so neglected and living on the street. But once I get him combed out, he really looks good. And then he messes it up again. I get the look of "Oh she touched me". Then lick, lick, lick. Luna is not that bad. I think Neville has a little more wool than she. But she is starting to slowly molt her baby fur. Will be thrilled when this is all over. Then I can really see the coloring that they really are. It's tough when they are babies, but the blue coming out in Neville, is just lovely.

Dobby, Bunny Bear, and Kreacher are all doing well. I can't wait for the weekend to get them out in their run. Dobby, I know, really looks forward for his "time out". We usually let him run around the living room. He's just so good when he's out. When I come home from work, and greet the buns. Dobby gives me the look as if to say, "Ok your home, take me out, let me run." Then I look at Bunny Bear, who is on his shelf, tongue in high gear as if to say, "Ok your home, where's my treat.". Kreacher just wants a scratch between the ears. He's so easy to please. The babies, well, what can I say, they are babies. They give you attention when they want to. Neville is starting to get into the big boy's routine. He's is showing maturity every day. He's calm, more reserved. Once a while he'll get the spurt of energy and start to have fun. Play with his toys, beat up his mat. But I can see him maturity every day. My baby boy is growing up.

Oh 2 more days and it's the weekend. Truly looking forward to it. Going to be 100% homebody! Working in the backyard, the garden, and as always the Tribe. Really enjoy watching them romp.

I think it's time to get the video camera out. Make some video of the buns enjoying their run.

Latest posts

Back