The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me amend what I said before. Podge is not just AS cute as he was when I left, he's even cuter! Apparently the bigger he gets, the cuter and cuddlier he gets. LOVE.

Could Podgie be any lazier? I just looked over at him and he's sprawled on his belly while eating out of his food bowl :biggrin2: And poor Rory is having the oddest shed ever. His top half shed furiously and the fur is rather short, but his bottom half is still extra hairy. He has a bunny mullet of sorts.

Need to get pictures of my babes! Everyone (except Podge) got cherries for dessert tonight, they were quite pleased :D

Glad everything went well in your absence. Funny that Rory holds a grudge. Aren't bunnies funny little creatures. Agnes can be moody like a real woman sometimes!! ;) cracks me up, it's like I can near her huffing and puffing and clicking her tongue when I do something she doesn't like.

Imwill be watching for more pics!!

I got some adorable pictures of my wee Pudgerton the other day! Will post some but just have to pick which ones, there are soooo many cute ones.

Happy Birthday to my Phoebe Mae!! She is 4 years old today. She will get lots of salad and a new toy and a little taste of pie. Today is also our 2nd anniversary :) Will post pictures of the pretty birthday girl later.

Podgie has had a breakthrough! He let me pet him and actually enjoyed it :D We figured out that he'll let you pet him without looking terrified if you let him sniff your fingers first for as long as he wants. He doesn't necessarily look like he's super enjoying being petted, but tolerates it just fine. Then last night, we did our regular sniff and pet routine, and he started closing his eyes and melting and I could tell he liked it :D Didn't want to overdo it so I stopped and closed the door of his cage, but he bounced over and put his paws up on the door, so I opened it and petted him some more! He's such a darling little baby, I love him to bits and am so glad he's making progress :)

Isn't it, Ali? He wins our "shyest bunny" award! Even Rory was faster to warm up than him :D That's okay though! AND he made more progress! Last night I walked over to his cage and was talking to him, and he ran to the door and put his paws up on it! I opened it and he stuck his head out and I petted him for a while, which he enjoyed. Isn't that great? This is the first time he has ever run to the door to greet either of us.

This may sound rather self congratulatory- sorry if it does- but I am very glad Podge is in a home like ours. We have other bunnies and a decent amount of experience. I can imagine that a lot of less experienced owners would have pushed him too hard to be friendly and would be disappointed with him. We are not even the tiniest bit disappointed with him, we love him, and let him set his own pace for becoming comfortable with us. Of course we work with him, but don't push him. It's actually very rewarding to watch him slowly but surely learn to like us.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I got some adorable pictures of my wee Pudgerton the other day! Will post some but just have to pick which ones, there are soooo many cute ones.

I wanna see pics of the wee Pudgerton! :D

Brenda, I haven't seen you in awhile either........? Have we just missed each other??

Hope things are good with your bunny family Shiloh!!! :)

Hi Brenda and Lisa! Wow, 2 months since last update! Everybun is doing great though :) Kerensa had a tummy upset that resulted in a $250 vet bill (and she was back to normal the next day, paranoid mommy here!) and Mr Podgie is all grown up now. He is every bit as adorable as he used to be though and I'm crazy about him. He is still our shyest bun but so, so cute and sweet.

Rory celebrated his 5th anniversary of being adopted! Bad mommy forgot the exact date but either yesterday or today. I should look it up! What a wonderful day it was when I brought my sweet Rory boy home. It terrifies me that he's getting older, but I'm so happy to have had 5 wonderful years with him thus far.

Our only big thing is we adopted a kitty from the shelter 3 weeks ago. Declan. Long story- he used to be our neighbor's cat, he got lost and neighbor didn't care, neighbor moved away, I found him on Petfinder and we brought him home. He is quite good with the bunnies. We are taking things slowly and he has not been around them unsupervised yet (and by that I mean while they're in their cages- I would never leave him alone with bunnies outside of their cages), but ignores them for the most part. He met Kerensa up close with me holding her and both behaved admirably. It's interesting getting used to having a kitty around. Paul likes Declan better than the bunnies and I like Declan also, but my allegiance is most definitely to my bun buns! I suspect it will always be this way!

Aww glad that the upset tummy on Kerensa was nothing, tummy issues are scary in buns thoug, so I don't blame you.

Congrats on the new kitty addition, you'll have to post pictures!

I've been majorly slacking on the picture front! Jeez. Even the new kitty has 2 pictures. Need to step things up!

We adopted my sweet Bobo (aka Rory) from the shelter 5 years ago last month. Rory is about 5 1/2 years old now. I am terrified of my boy dying. My first bunny lived to a couple days before his 7th birthday. I don't know what I will do when my Rory dies.

Aww I know what you mean. Agnes is still young but I still can't believe how fast time goes and you just never know.....

Archie was a rescue stray so I have no idea how old he is and that completely freaks me out!

I guess we just enjoy each day with them :)

I'm sure 5 years has flown by with Rory. But you never know, you could have another 5 years with him!!!!

Lisa, I certainly hope you're right! One thing for sure is that my heart will break when Rory dies. He could live 50 years and it would never, ever be long enough.

On a less depressing subject, I really should get some new pictures of Padraig. He's grown so much! Alright so he's still only like 6 1/2 pounds, but he sure looks and feels big. He's still just as cutesy wootsie as ever and I think he's the sweetest, most adorable guy. He will be our last bunny for a long time so he's my forever baby, which is funny because he's by far our biggest rabbit.

Declan got in trouble the other day with Podge, though. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and Declan was sticking his paws into Podge's cage and batting at his face! Oh, he got yelled at big time. His nails were not extended and Podge was unharmed- he wasn't even scared, and this is a bunny that is afraid of just about everything- but it's certainly behavior we want to discourage!

Latest posts

Back