The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol make sure to record that ina baby book!!!

Hehe Brenda, how funny would that be?

I'm a little worried about Nedder. Last night he did not finish his dinner in the normal amount of time. Telling myself that he feels nice and chubby, I fed him a decent sized piece of banana right before dinner (usually any snacks do not happen right before dinner), and I gave him a little more pellets than usual. Keeping a close eye on him!!! And a couple buns have ever so slight damp noses, but it's in the mid 80s here yesterday and today and we don't have an air conditioner, though we do have fans running. Back after Nomi died, a couple buns had slightly runny noses as well and the vet determined it was because of how warm it was in our house as the heater was freaking out. That's probably what it is! In any case, Podgie may move downstairs today. He's lived in our bedroom which is upstairs, but I'm worried he could get too hot since he's so fuzzy and chubby.

Ah, Rory scared the bejeezus out of Paul! He looked over at the cage and saw Rory lying on his side in his litter box. Went to check on him and opened the cage door. Still lying there. Nudged litter box. Nothing. Picked up edge of litter box and dropped it twice. No reaction. Panicked and grabbed Rory. Bunny leapt up into the air! He was just having a good nap :D Paul is very relieved he didn't have to tell me my boy died! So am I!!!

Little Podgie is getting bigger and bigger! I weighed him and he's now 4 lbs 7 oz. He has been consistently gaining 5 ounces a week!

Big moment for me is in progress right now: Podgie and I are having our first snuggle! I'm lying on the couch and he's nestled in the crook of my arm. Uh, sitting on a trash bag and a towel in case he tinkles. Don't let Rory see, this is our standard snuggle position! Podgie is just sitting here, letting me pet his ears, while he wiggles his nose like mad.

Lol! Busy days! It got up to 104 yesterday..had the door open while i was running out with a bucket to fill kids pool, mutphy stopped very abruptly from gollowing me when she got about 2 ft from door and returned to the bathroom lol.

Brenda, thankfully it has been cooler here! If it gets really hot, we have a small air conditioning unit we can stick in the bedroom window. It does a surprisingly good job of keeping the whole place cool. A couple of summers ago it saved us from some terrible air outside. It was super hot and nearby forest fires had soot raining down for days and turned the air thick and yellow. Very gross. Inside our house though, it was cool and the air was clear. Couldn't even smell smoke!

Also, Nedder Bug is doing fine. I think I was correct when I suspected that he didn't finish his dinner as quickly as usual because of the banana appetizer and bigger than usual meal. He has been acting perfectly fine!

Padraig is now 4 lbs 7 oz. A pound bigger than our biggest buns (Rory and Phoebe Mae) and more than TWO Kerensas! He's my pudgy papaya :)

Thought I'd update! Everyone is doing well. Padraig has moved downstairs with the other buns. He keeps growing and growing and I get the feeling he'll top off in the 5 lbs range. So not huge, but bigger than our others! He continues to be utterly adorable and heartbreakingly sweet, but still shy. Some bunners just take a long time to adjust! Later today I will be flying out to Seattle and Paul will be joining me early next week. My friend will be taking care of the buns and plants while we're away. She came by today and spent about an hour with us as I explained what to do. I also of course have a care sheet (uh 3 pages long) with a list of emergency numbers and everything. Nervous about leaving my babies, especially Rory since he has chosen this time to begin to shed and is prone to getting hair balls in his belly when he sheds. I have told my friend what signs to look out for with him. Also signs of head tilt with Ned, and just signs of general illness for everyone. Hopefully it will be okay!!!

I get nervous leaving for a night lol, hubby is a bit dim in animal common sense. :) pidge is 6lbs right now, thought he was small lol. Iz mr podgie still chunky?

Brenda, he is definitely still chunky! My little super chunk. He's the roundest little guy.

Katherine, I will get more photos soon! Don't know if I'll have time before I leave for the airport, but when I get back I will take more pictures.

My Rory is the sweetest boy. Before leaving for the airport, I took him outside for one last good brushing. Brushed a ton of fur off, it was blowing around everywhere- my little bundelion! He doesn't really like being brushed, but he was so good. I was wearing shorts (to cut down on how much fur could stick to my clothes), and had him sitting with his back feet on my thigh and his front legs on my shoulder. He just sat there without moving the whole time even though I know he hated it, and he even gave me several kisses on the cheek. What a darling bunny! Going to miss him and the others a ton.

So this evening Paul flew out to join me in Seattle and the pet sitter decided to stop by tonight and meet everyone! She sent me a long e-mail detailing everything she did with them. Normally our buns are super friendly and affectionate with us. It shows how much they love and trust us because they were not that way with the pet sitter.

Apparently Kerensa ran away and cowered in her litter box (the other day she let the pet sitter pet her when I was petting her at the same time, apparently Mommy's presence makes it safe!), Mabel froze and cowered, and Ned and Podge hid in their houses. Not too surprising from Podge, but I should note he DID lick Paul earlier today :D And impressively, Rory let her pet him a couple times before running away. Phoebe was apparently pretty friendly, and Maximus hammed it up big time and was not afraid of her at all. Last time we had a pet sitter it went the same way and Max was the friendly one. It's kind of funny because he is by far the most easily scared of our buns and freaks at noises and movements that don't scare the others!

That's all. Just thought I'd update :) Paul said he felt flattered when I told him how all the buns responded, since they obviously trust him and aren't afraid of him at all.

def a show of how our pets bond with us...my cats are more skittish than the buns though. we had apartment maintenence come out to fix our door and cats ran and hid while Pidge jumped in his work bag and started tugging on tools lol. Dont think he appreciated it much though

Brenda, that's so funny :D Cute little Pidge! Sounds like something Max would do!

Today's report from the pet sitter was good. She stopped by twice- taking her duties very seriously I see!- in the morning and the evening. She fed them in the morning, and that apparently made a big difference because this evening they were much friendlier :D Podgie was scared (no surprise there), but everyone else let themselves be petted! She said Mabel and Rory only wanted to be petted a little bit, but the others seemed to like being petted. Wouldn't be surprised if they were a bit nervous- I've found non-bunny people often can't see what are to me very obvious signs of fear/nervousness in rabbits- but the fact that they didn't run away or cower is definitely positive!

Missing my babes. Today in our meanderings around town I found a Schleich rabbit hutch with 2 bunnies and Paul bought it for me. So cute! This is it: http://www.happyhentoys.com/sch41800.html

It's really cute. Nice plastic hutch with a sunshine painted on the roof, a removable divider to separate the cage into 2 sides, the doors open and there's a little latch, both ends pull open and turn into little ramps for the bunnies to run up and down, and then the play pen. The two bunnies are super cute, one is a lop with brown spots and the other is a gray and white uppy eared bun.

I love Schleich! I get them for Charlee and she has a ton of them

Loved reading through your blog. Your buns are all so sweet. I LOL'd hearing about your progress with Podge.

Glad to hear the pet sitter is going well. Ironically I just introduced Agnes to ourmpet sitter for when we go on vacation later this year. Agnes is really scared of other people too. I hear ya on how it shows how bonded your buns are. Same thing here. I tell people the antics that Agnes does, then they meet her and she just scampers away and cowers and I'm like, no, she really does follow me! She really does jump on my lap and lick my nose! Hahahaha

Before I clicked on the link of the rabbit hutch you bought I though when younger describing the bunnies you got two more live ones! Lol

Anyway, thanks for the updates! I will be watching for more pics :)

Um, just went back to page 1 of your blog. Thought you would want to know I'm coming to Alaska to bunnynap Kerensa. ;)

They are all so adorable but that Kerensa......eeek!

Lisa, Kerensa is completely irresistable in person! She is the one who visitors to our house always want to steal :)

Well, we are back home! Everybun survived my absence :) Rory's tum is a little full but not bad and now I can take care of him in person. Podgie definitely grew while we were away but is just as cute as ever! Everybun was quite happy to see us, except Rory who doesn't want me to get near him. This is how he always acts when I get back, what a grouch! He'll act like he wants me to come over and pet him, then runs away. Rory's Revenge :D Podge is still shy but not as much as I expected. The others were thrilled I'm back :)

Latest posts

Back