The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Padraig (which btw, my iPad autocorrects his name to parfait, lol) sounds adorable. Yes post pics! :) and while your at it you could put more of Kerensa up too since I want to bunny nap her.

Lisa, Parfait for Padraig, that is TOO funny! I will have to tell my husband! Soon I will post pictures of Kerensa, but for now, here are some I just got of my chubba wubba bubba, aka Podgie, aka Padraig:

IMG_9565resized.jpg

IMG_9575resized.jpg

IMG_9576resized.jpg

IMG_9578resized.jpg

And, my favorite...

IMG_9580resized.jpg

Isn't he just the most darling bunny ever? I am crazy about my Pudgie Wudgie. When I think of his name, I imagine it surrounded by little pink hearts. He is such a darling baby boy. Quite shy, but extremely sweet. He likes being petted, but hates being held, but is still so gentle! Right before I took the pictures, I clipped his nails all by myself and he just lay on his back in my arms like a baby while I clipped them. I know he REALLY doesn't like being held like that, but it's the best way to clip his nails, and he's such a good boy that he doesn't struggle. When I clip all the other bunnies' nails (except Rory's!), I need Paul to help me because they wiggle like mad!

This isn't a bunny picture, but I wanted to share a photo of my super adorable Deckie Doo, aka Declan!

IMG_9642resized.jpg

He has been here for 3 months now and has settled in nicely. He's a bit of a hellion but I love him anyway! And to our surprise, he is a huge daddy's boy. It's weird, for the first 2 months he definitely preferred me, but we went out of town for a few days and some friends took care of him, and ever since we came back 3 weeks ago he'll barely give me the time of day. He sure loves Paul, though, and Paul is very fond of him, too.

As for the bun buns, everyone is doing great :D Healthy and happy! They have been getting lots of toys and I make them a lot of homemade toys. Sweet little Podgie is the daintiest bunny ever even though he's the biggest and still not neutered (that will happen soon). He is our neatest bunny and eats treats so politely. The other bunnies all tear food out of our hands (to the point that I have to cut bananas into tiny pieces for Ned or he'll eat so fast he chokes), and Podgie will just gently nibble on whatever we offer him! Funny boy.

wow podge grew up!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 how many pounds did he end up getting lol i know we all debated it..and those big ears never flopped like i thought they might!

love cross eyed kittys

Brenda, my baby boy is right about 7 lbs! I know it's not big as far as bunnies go, but he seems so much bigger than all the others. Funny that my youngest one is the biggest one. If you can't tell, uhhh... I have a slight Podge infatuation :D Love all my babies and am crazy about all of them too, but Podgie melts my heart especially! Paul says he's just like any other rabbit and I'm just blinded by love, but whatever :D He is my super special little man.

Have just finished reading through it and I have loved every minute. What a fantastic bunny family you have and they all seem such different little characters. Padraig is adorable, just want to reach out and hug him and my favourite photo...has to be of Mabel in the cookie jar...did I laugh at that. Don't know where you find all the energy to look after so many, I have three and I find it exhausting sometimes but love how they interact and how different they all are.

And they are all so lovely, look forward to reading lots more about them..

Chrisdoc, I'm glad you like the blog :) Just noticed it's 33 pages long, wow! Yes, all my bunnies have their own personalities and likes and dislikes. I love them to bits and life would be SO much duller and less snuggly without them. They are my babies! I love Declan but the bunnies will always have my heart. It seems like I was destined to be a crazy bunny person. My mom took me home from the hospital in a pair of bunny pajamas she sewed, the first stuffed animal I ever picked was a bunny at the age of about 9 months, I was a bunny fanatic as a child, and got my first rabbit at the age of 10. I adore animals in general but bunnies are so special.

Last edited:
I've only recently returned to bunnies but I've a slave now. Can't remember what it was like before they arrived and I just love watching everything they get up to. I've always had animals and we had a bunny when I was around 12, he lived in the garden and used to go out with no run or enclosure and he never left the garden. He got poorly, paralysed back legs and we had to let him go, I'll never forget his lovely little face and his sweet nature.

I had a dog also for nearly 17 years who unfortunately got sick as well and it broke my heart to see her go.

Anyway, my buns came by chance, not expected but I took them out, read loads and am now so enjoying their antics that when I'm not with them, I miss them dreadfully, I'm looking after a friends dog over the holidays and things have not worked exactly how I thought they would, more details on my blog.

I love all your buns and from your descriptions, they all have very different personalities. I love little neddie, that photo of him leaning onthe top of the cage is priceless. That's the thing non-bunny people don't understand is that these little rascals all have such distinct characters. I never stop marvelling at how intelligent they are and crazy at other times.

Look forward to reading much more and seeing more beautiful photos.

Yes, I did read it all through at once. This site is taking up far too much of my time hahaha. I'm trying to read all of the blogs as I love all the news about everyone elses boys and girls.

Brenda, my baby boy is right about 7 lbs! I know it's not big as far as bunnies go, but he seems so much bigger than all the others. Funny that my youngest one is the biggest one. If you can't tell, uhhh... I have a slight Podge infatuation :D Love all my babies and am crazy about all of them too, but Podgie melts my heart especially! Paul says he's just like any other rabbit and I'm just blinded by love, but whatever :D He is my super special little man.

Dont tell the others...buuuut...its a big bunny thing :) Seems the bigger they get, the more lovable they are!

Has he taken a liking to anyone in hopes of bonding or is the solo plan still on?

Haven't updated in almost a month! Everybun is doing great. No health problems or anything. 2012 was a very healthy year, wasn't it? Neddie had an upset tummy right at the end of 2011- we were at the vet on December 31st if I recall- but he was just fine the next day. Kerensa, Max, and Mabel all got fixed in January, and Kerensa had an upset tummy several months ago and went to the vet, but she was fine within hours. She didn't really need the vet visit, but I was concerned since she'd never had any issues before. Rory had a little bit of an intestinal slow down during his shed in July, but it was quite minor over all. Other than these issues, we had a very healthy 2012! Hooray! The only sad part was the death of our beloved Nomi in March :( She was here for a little less than 3 months, but it felt like much longer and we got so attached to her. She was supposed to be a foster bun, but I think Paul and I both knew she wasn't going anywhere. All bunnies are special of course, but some bunnies are just REALLY special, and she was one of them. We also adopted our darling Podgie in 2012 and he is very loved :D

So far 2013 has been very calm, too! No health issues at all, everyone is happy and wonderful. Our big excitement is that we welcomed a foster bun a couple of weeks ago! The adorable Howard! Howard has been mentioned intermittently throughout this blog. He was adopted by our next door neighbor shortly after she moved in and met my bunnies. She loved my rabbits so much that she adopted Howard from her coworker. Funny thing is that a friend of mine told me about Howard back in July of 2011 because he belonged to her friend (coworker of our neighbor) and she wanted to know if we would take him! Anyway, so Howard lived next door for a year. His owner brought him over sometimes and he liked to play in our yard. He and his owner moved away back in August. I was completely surprised to find sweet Howard on Petfinder earlier this month and Paul and I basically agreed to take him in as a foster bun without a second thought. He is about 4 years old and has had at least 4 homes (not counting ours) in that time. We felt like we owed it to him, poor little man! Both of us are already very fond of Howard, he is just about the cutest bunny ever born and I pick him up for snuggles several times each day. It will be REALLY HARD to part with him, guys! In fact, I haven't even put up an ad on Craigslist or made a thread for him here on the forum... guess I should get around to that, shouldn't I? :innocent

Little Howard is definitely the cherry on top of our bunny sundae, aka our last bun bun. We agreed Podge would be our last, but Howard was a VERY special exception since we had already promised him that we would take him in if his owner didn't want him anymore! In fact, based on our neighbor's awful track record with pets (hint: our kitty Declan was hers before, too, and she had a husky for a couple of months when she lived here...) we actually assumed he would end up at our house sooner or later. Just hoped it wouldn't have to involve a stay at the shelter before he came here!

Last edited:
I remember reading about your neighbour and Howard and he´s lovely, I hope you do decide to keep him as he really deserves a home where he´ll be showered with love and cuddles. Maybe he will be the last bun lol. Love reading about them all and more pics please, we haven´t had any for a while.

YAY! Howard is home! Well, he's been here for almost 3 weeks, but my husband and I decided that this is his forever home :) We wanted to keep him anyway- he's so wonderful- but I thought I should at least make a token effort to find him a home in case the PERFECT owner came along. I made this thread for him yesterday and then heard from a very kind breeder who used to own him. She filled me in on more of his past. After we learned about everything- 7 homes in just under 4 years- we decided he has had enough and needs to stay with us! He will get everything he could possibly need or want here, and he's had our love ever since we brought him home. Heck, I fell in love with him the first time I saw him a year and a half ago.

So, please officially welcome HOWARD to our family! He is our last bunny child and such a special one to boot! I'm going to throw him a tiny bunny party and take some pictures :D We will also probably rename him since he's in his forever home now and has had at least 3 names already (Czech, Franklin, and Howard), so 1 more permanent name won't hurt!

Here are some pictures of our little guy! Sorry they aren't very good. He's not super photogenic and I am an awful photographer who has to work with terrible lighting! The only way to keep him on the blanket for the photo was to pet him and then take the picture as soon as I moved my hand out of the way :D

IMG_9727resized.jpg

Flinging his paper towel tube toy:

IMG_9733resized.jpg

And scratching his ear :D Looks like he's waving hello to his fans!

IMG_9735resized.jpg

Paul thought of the perfect new name for our little guy! Ganache with the nickname Nash because he is our little chocolate bunny. Yes, we know ganache is pronounced ga-NOSH, but Nash just seems like a better nickname than Nosh :D So we are going to give the name Ganache/Nash a try for a few days and see how it goes.

I'm so glad you decided to keep him!! I saw the thread yesterday but so glad to see you've decided this :) he is a handsome boy and will be a great addition to your family.
Ganache is a great name. I love the creativeness. You have great bunny names. I even think Nosh is a cute nickname but Nash is too.

I love his little food wave...he is such a cute little lad. The name is so good as well, I actually like Nash as nosh makes me think he´s a little glutton haha.

Great to hear you´ve decided to keep him, he really deserves to have a home for life with people who will love and spoil him.

It's funny, he is the least gluttonous of our bunnies- I think Ned wins that particular award! Nash gets unlimited pellets because I'm trying to help him plump up a bit. He eats less than the other buns and is very polite when I hand out salad and little bits of fruit. I think maybe he isn't accustomed to fruits and veggies? Podge is very dainty and polite too, but all the others go wild and tear food out of our hands! So funny!

Then I definitely think you should call him Nash instead of Nosh !!!

I have a mixture as well, Bandy is a little glutton and food thief but Snowy doesn´t wolf the food down. Houdini is a restrained eater and goes back and forth to his pellets and sometimes doesn´t even bother with his salad...which makes the other two very happy as they get the leftovers the next morning lol.

Bunnies are funny, aren't they? Kerensa started out being pretty dainty, but now she's as ravenous as the others. It's not like they're in competition with each other- no one is stealing anyone else's food- but they're greedy anyway! It's also kind of funny, Nash and Podge are definitely our tidiest bunnies, even though they're unneutered males (going to get them neutered soon). Phoebe Mae and Mabel are our messiest ones, and the others fall somewhere in between.

Also I realized that all our bunnies have names in pairs except Rory and Kerensa! We have 2 P names, 2 N names, 2 M names, then an R and a K. Also I think it's kind of funny that Nosh is a shortened form of Ganache, since we called Nomi "Noms" a lot. Noms and Nosh. Hehe. We ARE calling our new boy Nash, but all my buns have tons of nicknames so I'm sure he'll get called Nosh sometimes too! So far I have only slipped up and called him Howard once, and I almost typed Howard also. Hopefully it won't take too long to get used to calling him Nash. The name really seems to fit him for some reason and Ganache is so cute and perfect for a little chocolate bunny. Renaming him may have been unnecessary, but for me, naming my pets is kind of a rite of passage, ya know? I guess technically Paul named him- he named Nomi as well- but the point is that he is our boy now and we carefully picked a name just for him.

Something occurred to me last night! THE highlight of going to the fair every year for us is looking at all the bunnies. I wonder if Nash may have been at the fair any of the years we went? I can remember seeing some positively adorable chocolate colored Polish bunnies there, they stole my heart. Maybe one of them was my little man!

Latest posts

Back