The Happy Bunny Family

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update time! The kind breeder who contacted me about Nash- I think she originally purchased him from his breeder and had him in her breeding program for a bit- confirmed that he was at the fair for 2 years! So that means we DID see him! How cool is that? And how amusing that my love of little chocolate Polish bunnies started when I saw HIM :D He was at the fair the same time as Kerensa then I think, in 2010. Don't think I got any pictures of him because I only took a few pictures that year and they were mostly of Kerensa, but he was I think at the fair in 2009 as well. Going to try to locate my pictures from the fair that year and see if he is in any of them! My Photobucket account doesn't have any fair pictures from 2009 but hopefully we have them stored around here somewhere.

Oh and I will probably have some pictures of Nash in earlier years to share since the nice breeder lady is going to e-mail me what she has!

That's fun that you are able to find out so much about him now that this lady has been in touch. How did she happen to come across Nash's foster post and know that Nash was the same rabbit she had all those years ago? That's great that she did though. I'm sure it'll be fun to get some pics of him when he's younger. You'll have to post a few. :)

Jbun, I think she recognized him because of the tattoo in his ear! She did the tattoo :) And she said she happened to Google "Polish rabbit Alaska" (or something along those lines) and the thread popped up. I'd imagine she also just recognized him because he was one of her breeder rabbits in the past- I know I would recognize mine anywhere, too! Wonder how many little babies he has bouncing around out there :D Baby Nashes, kill me now. Hard to imagine anything cuter than him!

Wow small world and talk about this being even more meant to be that your paths crossed again :)

Wow, what an amazing coincidence and that she remembered. It would be nice to see some photos of the younger Nash.

Haven't received pictures of Nash yet, I'll wait a couple days more and then e-mail the lady since she gave me her e-mail address :) I think she only registered here to reply to Nash's thread so she probably is not checking her PMs, understandably!

I am in love with my little chocolate bunny. He is so darling, I just want to snuggle him all the time. So tiny, so cute, so sweet, so friendly. Awww. Sometimes I pretend to nom on his itty bitty ears! He accepts all of the love with grace, so that's good :D

Still getting used to calling him by a different name. Have slipped and called him Howard or Howie a couple times. I usually end up calling him my little chocolate bunny, which is one heck of a long name! "Come here, My Little Chocolate Bunny!" Yeah, not so much :D In the process of thinking of names for him, we came up with Toblerone (Tobie for short, I LOVE Toblerone) and Rolo. So cute! Maybe future bun buns can have those names. I kind of wanted to call him Chocolate Chip, but my husband thought it was too boring. I agree, not super unique, but cute and it fits him. He is tiny like a chocolate chip!

I saw the post about the breeder saying she knew him, that was so strange and must have been great for you to know a bit about his background. He is such a cuddly little boy and I´m sure he´s enjoying all the fuss and love especially if he´s been passed around like a parcel.

I love the names you´ve got Toblerone and Rolo, are you a chocolate fan lol.

Can´t wait to see if she sends you photos of little Nash, would be really interesting.

Just a little update! Everyone is doing great. Loving my little Nash more every day. I still call him Howie accidentally, oops! He is the sweetest little man and I'm glad he's here. I just want to snuggle him all the time! Of course I feel like that about all my bunnies :D But he is a special boy. Uh, they're all special, but you know what I mean :D

Haven't got pictures from the breeder lady yet, I've been busy with work and also sick so got distracted. I will e-mail her though and ask about them!

Haven't updated in a while! Everybun is wonderful. No one's had to go to the vet or anything since Kerensa had an upset tummy I think last summer and she was fine by that evening. She is as cute and cuddly as ever. My beloved Rory turned 6 years old in March and is still going strong, hooray! Neddie is a little but overweight right now and I need to help him slim down, he tended towards being underweight for about a year after his ear infection so I'm actually glad we're having the opposite problem now. He seems so much better and doesn't turn his head at ALL anymore, which is great! It's amazing how much 1 little ear infection impacted his life and health for so long! We're still really careful about not stressing him out though because we don't want a relapse.

Phoebe Mae went to work with me for Easter (I work with special needs kids) and I carried her around in an Easter basket. She did so well and got lots of pets and cuddles from the kids! Maximus is still super sweet and easily startled, and Mabel is like a little Phoebe clone in her personality (though she's a bit more hyper than Phoebs!). Podgie is still my big baby, the biggest of all the bunnies and rather shy but SO CUTE!

And last of all, my wee chocolate bunny. He is so, so darling and I just want to hug him all the time. He's been here since January and I love him to bits. He awkwardly enough does not really have a name- how awful is that?- We sometimes refer to him as Nash when talking to each other, but I just call him Chocolate Bunny or Choci Bear when talking to him because that's what he is! We're considering trying out the name Palmer. It's the name of the company that makes Bunny Munny and other chocolates at Easter time, AND it's a town here in Alaska! I get the feeling I'll still just call him Chocolate Bunny but that's not much of a name, is it?

Last edited:
I'm glad all your clan is doing well. That sounds like it was fun for the kids to see your bunny. I know the kids around here are always begging me to bring the bunnies out to play. And I love to hear about Howie/Chocolate bunny, not quite sure what to call him either, haha, but I loved his rescue story, and always love to hear that he is doing well. He sounds like a very sweet little bun :)

My sweet Ned has another ear infection! This is his thread in the Infirmary if you want to read about it: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f27/ned-has-another-ear-infection-75047/ I really hope he gets better again with no lasting damage and doesn't get an ear infection again!!! He scared me half to death when I realized what was wrong. My first thought when I saw him scanning with his eyes and moving his head was that he had another ear infection, but then he started rolling and at one point curled up into the fetal position while simultaneously clamping his eyes shut and alternating looking like he was trying to stretch (but unable to) with being dead still and I thought he might be dying in front of me :( This all happened while I was on the phone with my boss so she was treated to me crying hysterically. Thankfully, he was NOT dying and was "just" rolling and can hopefully start to get better soon since we caught the ear infection early!!

I'm so sorry to hear that he has an ear infection and that he scared you like that. I would have been hysterical as well if I saw Thump behaving that way. I hope he gets better soon.

I'm so sorry Ned is having an ear infection. I don't blame you for crying hysterically I would have done the same if Ash was doing that. I hope he feels better soon.

Haven't updated in a while! All the bunnies are doing fine. Ned came close to dying from his ear infection (he stopped eating and drinking and was wasting away), then recovered, then gave us one heck of a scare a couple of weeks ago, but is now better again. He sustained permanent damage from the ear infection and has significant balance issues now including a permanent tilt, but he's still with us. The vet thinks it's only a matter of time- a couple of days or a couple weeks or months- until he gets sick again, but we're enjoying him while he's still here.

All of the other bunnies are doing well, too. Kerensa had a tummy ache for a couple of days, but is thankfully back to normal! Podgie is as adorably chubby wubby as ever. Rory is 6 1/2 now, which terrifies me, but he's doing great. Super healthy bunny and actually hasn't had any health issues (he's prone to GI slow down when he sheds and UTIs) in like 2 years. Max and Macie are their same bouncy, bunny hating selves. Phoebe is as loving as ever. My sweet little whatever his name is (formerly known as Howard!) is the cutest thing I've ever seen, everything about him is darling. His name is officially Nash, and my husband calls him that, but I call him a huge variety of lovey dovey nicknames. The most recent one has been Chocolate Chicken, or Chickie for short! There's a Max and Ruby book (they're bunnies!) about a chocolate chicken at Easter time and that' where the name came from. My husband says we can NOT name him Chocolate Chicken or Chickie, but I think it's cute!

Latest posts

Back