Savannah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like these

54HHY5GYKI7XVVDPC2.jpg

You may want to start a new thread if you want to know more about colour and features so that new people come onto it.

irishbunny wrote:
She's a lovely rabbit, where did you buy her? Her ears seem to be a bit too long, they should be more cat like.
God I can't win when it comes to ears LOL! I got her in petmania! they get in some nice rabbits, They were supposed to be getting 6 rabbits in the day I got Savannah but I was like I won't get much better then Savannah. Plus I had my eye on Savannah for a few weeks. And the person in the petmania wasn't certain were they lionheads or not.

In pictures on her own her ears look big in comparison to Suki they look small. Best to post it in the rabbitry section. Also a big mane may make ears appear smaller

Savannah is one cute bun! But I don't think showable (not that I'm an expert). She'll be a great pet though!

Sabine wrote:
In pictures on her own her ears look big in comparison to Suki they look small. Best to post it in the rabbitry section. Also a big mane may make ears appear smaller
You mean Sukura, I know all the girls beginning with 'S' is confusing but I think of it as a nice twist.

I had waited a few weeks to see was there any better quality rabbits then Savannah but there was none so she had to be added to my lionhead rabbit collection.

irishbunny wrote:
Was it the PetMania in the Jetland shopping centre?
Yeah the petmania next to Jetland, I got sukura in the other one before mazi zoo. As of late all the nice rabbits are going to the petmanias I haven't seen any nice rabbits in paws and claws.

irishbunny wrote:
By nice do you mean like cute?
Cute in one way but they Are all run down looking. Rogers brother podge got like that, I really wish I had bought podge. I decided I was going to get him and I had walked up there with the money and what did I find He was gone. I debated on getting him from the day I got roger witch was like over 2 months and I just felt really upset that I didn't get that little guy, Now when I see a rabbit I'm crazy about I only think about for a week or buy on the spot. But now that I have four I can't see myself getting any more till I go to England. Like There was this one lionlop in paws and claws and it was just huddled in the corner for ages, I felt sorry for the little fella. He only had helicopter ears and there was next to no mane.

Ya I don't think you should get anymore either, your poor mother will go crazy with the smell in the house. I was in Pet Mania last week and I saw a black lionhead that was possibly Savanah but I don't think it had grey under it like she does.

irishbunny wrote:
Ya I don't think you should get anymore either, your poor mother will go crazy with the smell in the house. I was in Pet Mania last weekand I saw a black lionhead that was possibly Savanah but I don't think it had grey under it like she does.
It prob was Savannah as she has been the only lionhead in there since before christmas. She doesn't have grey under body but for some reason the camera and lighting have made her look so. What did you think of her when you were in the petmania?

I thought she was cute, if it's the same rabbit then I would doubt she is show quality, she doesn't have the build. There were lot's of cute rabbits when I was there other then her too.

First - a warning. This is what I've been doing for the last few minutes after reading this thread...

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Now that I have a headache - I'm doing this

:caffeine

so I can have some sugar and cream inside me - along with the caffeine - and maybe type clearly.

Right now - I'm FURIOUS with this thread and with several things that have happened in it. Its been happening a lot lately - and it has been happening to Paul.

Paul comes into the rabbitry and posts a question - and suddenly - NON-BREEDERS follow him in and proceed to make judgments about why he should/shouldn't do something or how he's done something wrong or all sorts of other stuff.

Personally - as a forum member - as a senior moderator - and as a rabbitry moderator - I'M FED UP with this. This has to end and I want it to end now.

I'm also not saying it just because of Paul - as if he is the only one I want us to encourage or whatever. Sometimes (like now) - I may disagree with Paul's decision and what he's done.

But let's face it - when a rabbit has been bred - or a new rabbit has been added to the herd - you can't go backwards is time and change things. Its like putting the cart in front of the horse and expecting to get somewhere.

While this is my personal opinion -and just to make sure folks understand...

:soapbox

THE ONLY JUDGING THAT SHOULD GO ON IN THE RABBITRY AREA IS IF A RABBIT IS SHOW QUALITY OR WHAT BREED A RABBIT IS.

I am so sick of what is happening in the rabbitry - and it isn't just with Paul - it is with others - but opening up this thread and seeing this has made me stop waffling about saying something - and its made me speak up.

Now - here is my take on things - as they are right now....

• If you know a member has done something bad in the past - please don't use that to "attack" them when you're feeling defensive. It does nothing to help the situation - and it makes things so a mod feels like they have to step in. I've been seeing this a lot latey - and to be honest - at times I've been guilty of it also.
  • Remember that this is the RABBITRY area - where breeders help each other. Sure - non breeders are welcome to help identify bunnies - and for other great discussions. We've had some awesome discussions in the past when non-breeders had questions, etc. However - if someone is posting here - the odds are good they are wanting the opinion and advice of a breeder. They're not wanting to hear, "You shouldn't have another rabbit.." or "Why did you do that?"
  • Now if someone posts something like, "I'm thinking of breeding..." - and they haven't bred yet...sure ... go ahead and share. Or if they say, "I'm thinking of getting this rabbit.." sure....maybe they want input in the decision. But if someone has already bred - or already purchased a rabbit...they didn't want your input - and the deal is done. Move on....
:caffeine

Ah...I love the affects of coffee.

Now - to comment on what Paul was asking about in this thread....

• Paul - I can't see the pictures very well because they are too big for my screen. It helps (if you use photobucket) if you have the settings at "large" which is something like 640 X 480 pixels (or something like that??). That makes the picture a good size - but not so large that it stretches out and is hard to see on smaller screens.
  • I want to share my thoughts on 16 rabbits....and please understand Paul - I've been there.
    • Everyone has a maximum amount of rabbits they can handle - I call it the "X" factor. At this level - they have the maximum number of rabbits and the maximum amount of enjoyment. Add more rabbits and the fun goes down. The problem? Most people find that X factor when they have X+1 or X+5 or even X+2.
    • There are different seasons in our lives when we can handle more rabbits. I used to stay at home fulltime - and I was able to care for more rabbits than I can now that I work part-time outside of the home.
  • I say all this to say that I personally think - based upon my experience - that 16 rabbits is too much for you. Why? For one thing - you have school. Also, you are young - and I'm not knocking you for being young...but someday you're going to want to do something else - be in a play - or be in a choir/band - possibly play a sport - or maybe work part-time after school. Your amount of time will drop and you will have a commitment to a large number of rabbits. Or...you may want to date - but find you don't have much money because the rabbits ate your life and your wallet. I would encourage you to stick with the ones you have right now - then when/if you go to England only bring back one pair or a trio....or if you're wanting to breed more than one breed - bring back two pairs at most. Then - give yourself a year to work with them.....see how it goes.
  • I would separate Savannah from your other doe (I know you've said you would - but I want to explain why). Savannah is fairly young now and so she may allow the other doe to be dominant. However, as she outgrows the babyhood stage and becomes more comfortable living there - she may want to be dominant and it could cause fights when you're not around. This is why I would separate them - particularly if you're going to be breeding them as I'm sure they won't want to share a cage with each other when they have a litter although I have seen it done and heard of it being done.
Finally - CONGRATULATIONS on Savannah....would I have added her? Probably not...especially if you were going to England to get more bunnies from a quality breeder.

:rant:

Finally - I want to add one last thing. I would say I'm sorry that I've offended folks - but the fact is - I'm concerned that this jumping on people may keep newer (and even older) members away from the rabbitry and the help they need here. They may feel like they too may be judged...

I've been judged many times - I don't like the feeling and I tend to get over-protective of people that I feel are being judged.

I didn't mean to imply that non-breeders can't post here - just - before you post here - ask yourself if it is something that really applies to the topic (like welcome my new bunny or what breed is this bunny) or if it is just sounding off because you don't care for a person.

Remember - if you really don't like a person and the choices they make - there is always the "ignore" button....

Congrats!!

I have done research on the lionhead standards so I have some idea of what to look for. It would be wonderful if you could get some better picks and try to get her to a show pose.

Here is info on posing a lionhead, it helps to critique your buns build to see if they meet the show standard. :)

http://lionheadrabbit.net/LHposing.htm

Latest posts

Back