Savannah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its probably the best thing at the moment. Really you would be better to get all your set up sorted first before getting any more buns :)

Well I will get to see savannah from time to time because I live close enough to the woman taking her. Also I don't even no for certain if she will take her;). Once I explain the full caring needed for a rabbit she might soon go off taking her! Plus if she is content on taking Savannah least I can pass on basic but important care details.

polly wrote:
I think its probably the best thing at the moment. Really you would be better to get all your set up sorted first before getting any more buns :)

:yeahthat:

Wait until you have them moved outside and stuff, having loads of un-fixed rabbits in your house is going to get very stinky! I remember I had my two males inside and the smell was chronic, even though I cleaned them out everyday they still stank and they stained the walls and doors with spray, I couldn't take it anymore so that's when I moved them out.

irishbunny wrote:
polly wrote:

:yeahthat:

Wait until you have them moved outside and stuff, having loads of un-fixed rabbits in your house is going to get very stinky! I remember I had my two males inside and the smell was chronic, even though I cleaned them out everyday they still stank and they stained the walls and doors with spray, I couldn't take it anymore so that's when I moved them out.

They are pretty stinky.I will update soon if Savannah has her new home.

I really have to think it through, Do people think I should just give Savannah to my mams friend or find her another one? I just saw the cutest thing they were lieing next to each other all snug lol!!

Please remember that she is not sexually active yet and this can change in a heartbeat it is not funny if 2 rabbits fall out and decide to fight! You already need to spay/ neuter your other rabbits.

Maybe you could invite the lady to join this forum, that way if you had to give her up you would know the lady could learn a lot and give her a good life, and also possibly you might get to see pictures of her and stuff.

paul2641 wrote:
I really have to think it through, Do people think I should just give Savannah to my mams friend or find her another one? I just saw the cutest thing they were lieing next to each other all snug lol!!
Yes they are adorable as babies but as Polly said it may not last. You will have to be prepared to keep them seperate and invest in two spays if you want to give them the chance to rebond again.

polly wrote:
Please remember that she is not sexually active yet and this can change in a heartbeat it is not funny if 2 rabbits fall out and decide to fight! You already need to spay/ neuter your other rabbits.
Really take in this piece of advice because I've been there when I didn't know that they would fight when mature, I had two males living together and they were all snuggly and happy and then one day they just turned on eachother and there was fur flying everywhere, I was just lucky they didn't kill/injure eachother but it does and can happen.

irishbunny wrote:
polly wrote:
Really take in this piece of advice because I've been there when I didn't know that they would fight when mature, I had two males living together and they were all snuggly and happy and then one day they just turned on eachother and there was fur flying everywhere, I was just lucky they didn't kill/injure eachother but it does and can happen.
Well I'm getting that cage off the woman who is taking Savannah.

paul2641 wrote:
How attached have you grown to Savannah already? If you know she is going to a good home and you'll be seeing her sometimes, maybe you should give her to your mams friend if she wants her. But if you can't bear to see her in the hands of someone else, try to persuade your mams friend to go for another rabbit. It wasn't very fair that your mam didn't tell you what was happening earlier so you didn't become attached to Savannah. Keep us updated! :)

paul2641 wrote:
sorry, double post!

Numbat wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
How attached have you grown to Savannah already? If you know she is going to a good home and you'll be seeing her sometimes, maybe you should give her to your mams friend if she wants her. But if you can't bear to see her in the hands of someone else, try to persuade your mams friend to go for another rabbit. It wasn't very fair that your mam didn't tell you what was happening earlier so you didn't become attached to Savannah. Keep us updated! :)
I'm attached but not greatly, See mam wasn't really letting me play with Savannah so I couldn't get attached at all. But mam said even if her friend decides to back out I have to sell Savannah. That's why I wasn't allowed near her.

irishbunny wrote:
How come you have to sell her if she won't take her?
Well mam said she doesn't want another rabbit till the summer. But If it falls through I say I can persuade her to let me keep Savannah.

I wouldagree withyour mam, having that many rabbits inside is going to take up alot of room not to mention the cleaning and smell that comes along with unfixed rabbits.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
How come you have to sell her if she won't take her?
Well mam said she doesn't want another rabbit till the summer. But If it falls through I say I can persuade her to let me keep Savannah.
If your mum doesn't want another rabbit in the house (and I can see why) you should respect that. After all it would be her having to end up paying for medical expenses and the spay etc.... and also clean up the mess the rabbits leave around the house

I don't think it's fair at all that she let you get Savannah and now you have to give her away! I can definitely see why your mum doesn't want another rabbit but she should have told you you couldn't keep Savannah when you bought her! Ah well, just make sure Savannah goes to the right home! Bye Savannah! Good luck!

I know it's going to be tough Paul, but I think you have to respect what your Mom wants you to do. It's tough having all the rabbits in the house. Maybe she is feeling overwhelmed with the cost of feeding and caring for them? You will have to show her how mature you are in handling this.

Have patience. If Savannah goes to a new home, it will give you and your mom time to discuss what you want and how you can accomplish it. Polly is right, if you want to be a serious breeder and work on improving the breed, you shouldn't be buying pet store bunnies. Anyone can breed mutts (mixed breeds). A serious, dedicated breeder will try to start out with the best rabbits he can find. Talk to and listen to other breeders advice. And set a goal and work towards it.

It may not be easy, especially from everything you've said about getting good rabbits over your way... but persistance and dedication will pay off in the long run.

Omg mams friend saw Savannah today,and turned around saying "I don't want her", mam is really annoyed and she still wants to sell Savannah, But I don't want her going to a pet shop. So I will have to find someone to buy her someone responsable. But please people don't blame my mam because, mams friend begged mam to get the rabbit and just said "I don't want her".

Latest posts

Back