Savannah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaohh!:X I typed up a nice post before but lost it! Did Rabbits Online have a temporary failure or something or is it just my comp? Groan, how annoying! I guess I'll have to start again!:( It won't be nearly as good as the old one though. Sigh :D

Start with a smiley, they rock and I think are very encouraging :biggrin2:
Hiya!:) Sorry, I hope I haven't caused any offense! I agree that there have been too many attacks and I just wanted to share my congratulations with Paul but also my concerns about too many rabbits. Just trying to help ;)

All your buns are awesome Paul but I don't think showable (as I keep saying though, I'm no expert! Just trying to help :D). If you want showable rabbits, you're better off going to a trusted breeder and getting purebreds. Once again, Welcome Savannah! Hope you enjoy your new home! :)

Btw, just out of curiousity, who started this forum?

:biggrin2: Numbat

Ok but I do think people should know when buying a rabbit wasn't very logical, anyways, sorry Paul, Savannah welcome!

I just want to say congrats to the new addition shes gorgeous!

ive posted on rabbit forums for the last 3 years and ive found if a topic annoys/offends youjust click back and dont read it again and if you do post let it be advice etc. ive learnt that were not all perfect at all and i feel Paul is still in the learning stages of rabbit care(we've all been there) so rather jump and shout give advice that is going to help rather then offend i see alot of jumping on people can be seen as bullying especially when everyone gangs up together.

my advice paul is basically i agree with Tinysmom startwith a pair/trio breeding rabbitsbefore adding more i understand that were all different from what we can cope with pet wise, i got extremely depressed when i had a large amount of rabbits when i was 16 and most ended up being neglected because i didnt have time for them and also (this is going to sound awful) i used to be ashamed when i met a lad and explaining to him i had 8 rabbits! believe me most of them ran a mile!

but all in all good luck :)

I don't think anyone thinks you should have bought the rabbit but I guess what's done is done. She is cute though, not show quality like you would have wanted but I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway lol, since her and her possible babies will get the same quality homes as a mixed rabbit would. Her and Sukura are like twins as far as I can see in the picture, are they from the same petshop?

irishbunny wrote:
I don't think anyone thinks you should have bought the rabbit but I guess what's done is done. She is cute though, not show quality like you would have wanted but I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway lol, since her and her possible babies will get the same quality homes as a mixed rabbit would. Her and Sukura are like twins as far as I can see in the picture, are they from the same petshop?
There both from petmanias but they don't come from the same petmanias. Also when you see them in real life you can see massive difference between them.

If it is the same bunny I saw then she's kind of a big bunny? Does she lie down on her side alot, because when I possibly saw her she was lying down the whole time? P.S. Was the African Grey parrot still there? for 1,500? He was so cute and kept wolf whistling at me :D

irishbunny wrote:
If it is the same bunny I saw then she's kind of a big bunny? Does she lie down on her side alot, because when I possibly saw her she was lying down the whole time? P.S. Was the African Grey parrot still there? for 1,500? He was so cute and kept wolf whistling at me :D
Yup she is always laying on her side lol, she is also quiet fat. Yup the African Grey was still there.

She is a lovely rabbit Paul but as a pet. She loses out on mane and if she doesn't have it at a young age generally she won't have it when she is older.

If you seriosuly want to breed then you are going to have to have a long hard think about this.

1)You are not going to get good quality rabbits in Ireland breeders are not breeding to a standard and are cros breeding.

2) As Peg said you are young are you setting up do this long term because you still have a lot of living to do and dating etc and if its going to frustrate you then its possibly not the right time.

3) there really is no point getting rabbits from pet shops. even if you were in this country pet shops only ever have rabbits that are either cross breeds or not classed as a good example of the breed.

4) if you are going to go to England to a breeder to get rabbits and you are definately sure thsi is what you want to do. Then you are going to have to get a breeding set up before you get the rabbits. This would either be outside in the fresh air or in a shed. It would need to be set up with enough hutches to have 1 for each rabbit and spare ones for babies that are getting weaned. also other spare hutches for if your babies get to 12 weeks and have not found homes they need a hutch each.

Now have a think on what that plus getting the rabbits and the travelling will cost. Be realistic. If you are determined to breed the rabbits you have then fine the above No. 4 still applies.

I can easily tell you that I have spent over £2000 to get my sheds the hutches for inside them the stock the travelling I have done to get said stock. right now the euro is about 1 for 1 on teh pound I think so thats over 2000 euro then add on all your feed and beddingwhich ok doesnt cost much for 4 bunnies but costs an awful lot more the more you have! then add on money for vets etc.

People I just found out mam had told be to get another lionhead because her friend from work wanted one so If the friend really wants the lionhead I will have to give her Savannah. :X:grumpy:So I might only have a week or so with her! But then if she doesn't like her then I will get to keep her. WHAT DO I DO?

That's why mam told me not to buy another hutch, It is the person were getting the cage off mam thought Imight need it when I start breeding, and a cage costs more then a rabbit.

Tell your mam that it's unfair, tell her you didn't know that that was her plan and that you have become attached to Savannah and don't want to give her up and see what she says then. Are you going to get payed for Savannah by this lady?

Grace are payment is this cage:(and this cage won't even help because it's an inside cage and I'm moving them outside. Mam did promiss the lady and I really like her so I don't think I will let her down. I will just injoy the few days I have left with Savannah but we don't know she might not want the rabbit once she sees Savannah.

Why would the lady give you a cage if she actually wants your rabbit??? And why won't she go out and buy one herself. It's not as if there's a lack of pet lionheads around.

Sabine wrote:
Why would the lady give you a cage if she actually wants your rabbit??? And why won't she go out and buy one herself. It's not as if there's a lack of pet lionheads around.
I should have explained better, The cage is a bit weather worn Since she is getting a new rabbit she wants a new cage to go along with it. Oh and I can't tell you why she wants one of mine, But the thing is mam told her before I got Savannah I would Find one for the friend. So I did and she now wants it, bummer.

If you're intend on keeping Savannah you can always find her another rabbit. Strange for your mum not to tell you beforehand...

Aw I'm sorry, your mam should have let you know what her plan was from day one so at least you would know not to get too attached or name the rabbit. How come she's giving you the cage if she's taking the rabbit? I'd take the cage anyway because it might be handy if you have to quaritine a sick rabbit inside or for kits or something, it will probably come in handy.

Latest posts

Back