Savannah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one is blaming your mom! People can be so fickle! We have all seen people do that... "I want it..." and then "No I don't"....

Don't be upset. Now you and your mom have the opportunity to place her in a nice home. You can look for someone who will really be interested in her and take good care of her.

Sorry it did not work out as planned. But it's not your fault. Handle Savannah more now to get her ready for a new home. You want her as used to people as possible. You can tell your mom it's part of her training. That way, when she does go to another home, you can tell them exactly how she is and what she likes.

Just to add, I can think of alot of ways she would get an excellent home but all of them involve handing her over for free. You could hand her into LAW Limerick Animal Welfare, they have a great place for rabbits with a large enclosure that they keep rabbits in, it's lovely, they also find excellent homes for them and spay/neuteur them before rehoming, they are very nice people.

I could post her up on some of the Irish animal welfare sites I'm on for you where the people are very passionate about animals and many of them work with rescues/shelters, she would get a great home with someone there, but you aren't aloud to sell animals on the site.

If there is anyway you can give her away for free then I can help, since I don't think I can buy/take her myself without a cage, other then that you'll just have to try and advertise her, try the buy and sell, maybe stick up adds in supermarkets, but when doing that you need to be very careful about who trys to buy her off you.

irishbunny wrote:
Just to add, I can think of alot of ways she would get an excellent home but all of them involve handing her over for free. You could hand her into LAW Limerick Animal Welfare, they have a great place for rabbits with a large enclosure that they keep rabbits in, it's lovely, they also find excellent homes for them and spay/neuteur them before rehoming, they are very nice people.

I could post her up on some of the Irish animal welfare sites I'm on for you where the people are very passionate about animals and many of them work with rescues/shelters, she would get a great home with someone there, but you aren't aloud to sell animals on the site.

If there is anyway you can give her away for free then I can help, since I don't think I can buy/take her myself without a cage, other then that you'll just have to try and advertise her, try the buy and sell, maybe stick up adds in supermarkets, but when doing that you need to be very careful about who trys to buy her off you.
The thing is it's my mams money and she wants it back. If you can't take her I'll convince mam to let me keep her.

Could you maybe keep Savannah since your mother payed for her and rehome Suki like Sabine said? Or have things gotten better with you and Suki now?

irishbunny wrote:
Could you maybe keep Savannah since your mother payed for her and rehome Suki like Sabine said? Or have things gotten better with you and Suki now?
She is my heart bunny!! I can't. Mam had it ready for it to be an easy give up of Savannah but I really got close to her when she had the kits.

If things have gotten better for you and Suki then you should keep her, let me know if your mam really won't let you keep Savannah and I'll try help.

:X How can anyone not want a bunny like Savannah? And she told you she wanted her and turned around and said don't want her anymore. At least you can find Savannah a really good home now. Great that Suki is going well:)

Numbat wrote:
:X How can anyone not want a bunny like Savannah? And she told you she wanted her and turned around and said don't want her anymore. At least you can find Savannah a really good home now. Great that Suki is going well:)
I know I was like what?? Oh and I had Suki out today petting her hehe.

paul2641 wrote:
Numbat wrote:

That's good you had Suki out, My Princess is a terror in her cage and would eat you alive if you touch anything that's hers, toys, bowls, food, hay anything! Outside her cage she's a big softy and would sit there licking me for ages then starts nussling my hand up onto her head for a massage. I was upset when she started but you get over it and learn to deal with it and not take it personally, they are just doing what they would do in the wild.

Alot of does go ''funny'' wants they hit the age, Princess will growl at a chicken if it looks in her cage while she's eating lol. Has your mam said anything else about Savannah?

By the way if your mum sent you out to buy a bunny for some other person shouldn't it be also up to her to find a new home for savannah if she doesn't want to keep her. if it wasn't you who bought her with your money why is she making the selling of her your problem?

Sabine wrote:
By the way if your mum sent you out to buy a bunny for some other person shouldn't it be also up to her to find a new home for savannah if she doesn't want to keep her. if it wasn't you who bought her with your money why is she making the selling of her your problem?
Mam just wants to sell Savannah to a petshop, looks like the petshop is were Savannah is going :(

irishbunny wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Numbat wrote:
:X How can anyone not want a bunny like Savannah? And she told you she wanted her and turned around and said don't want her anymore. At least you can find Savannah a really good home now. Great that Suki is going well :)

That's good you had Suki out, My Princess is a terror in her cage and would eat you alive if you touch anything that's hers, toys, bowls, food, hay anything! Outside her cage she's a big softy and would sit there licking me for ages then starts nussling my hand up onto her head for a massage. I was upset when she started but you get over it and learn to deal with it and not take it personally, they are just doing what they would do in the wild.

Alot of does go 'funny' wants they hit the age, Princess will growl at a chicken if it looks in her cage while she's eating lol. Has your mam said anything else about Savannah?
Yeah Suki is much more lovable now, She still goes for you but I haven't been bitten in ages.

i dont quite understand why is savannah going back to the petshop? why would your mum let you buy her just to tell you you cant keep her? sorry ive probably missed out a post or something explaining.

Peek-a-boo wrote:
i dont quite understand why is savannah going back to the petshop? why would your mum let you buy her just to tell you you cant keep her? sorry ive probably missed out a post or something explaining.
Because Savannah was meant for her friend who didn't want her after we got her.

irishbunny wrote:
Like these

54HHY5GYKI7XVVDPC2.jpg

How CUTE!! This looks like my Pepper and Tai. (Pepper being seal point and Tai being tort.) How funny!!

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
Ya I don't think you should get anymore either, your poor mother will go crazy with the smell in the house. I was in Pet Mania last weekand I saw a black lionhead that was possibly Savanah but I don't think it had grey under it like she does.
It prob was Savannah as she has been the only lionhead in there since before christmas. She doesn't have grey under body but for some reason the camera and lighting have made her look so. What did you think of her when you were in the petmania?
I don't really see Lionhead when I look at her. She looks more dutch/angora or dutch/lionhead maybe... just the ears and body shape/face shape throw off the lionhead look...

Back