People whose bunny was spayed or has knowledge, i really need help. please respond

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sydneya

Reaction score
My bunny (2-3 years old) got spayed yesterday, i picked her up around 2:30pm yesterday. It's currently 1:30pm the next day and I just am curious if her behaviour is correct. I've been calling the vet every few hours to give updates and they don't really seem to have anything to say other than "make sure to keep getting her to eat" or "I'll see if the doctor has more she wants you to do" and then I never hear back on the second one.

She's been drinking just fine since she's been back home, the first thing she did was drink water. she's been hopping/walking around her xpen too since yesterday but is also mostly sleepy. last night I was able to get her to eat a small amount of banana before I slept and I think she might've ate one piece of her greens and one pellet. this morning I gave her a dose of her pain meds and been putting her food in front of here a lot (probably annoying her) and she still only ate about one piece of her greens and one pellet and I saw her chew maybe 1-2 pieces of hay.

I went and got her alfalfa hay and critical care this morning. i put some alfalfa hay in her pen and have seen her nibble from it maybe once or twice otherwise she uses her paws to push the rest away. I've been trying to feed her critical care too but she's being very stubborn about it. i got some in her, but really not much. i think I'm getting more around her mouth/chin (which she does link clean) than I am in her mouth.

she peed at least 3 times from what I've seen, the first pee after her spay was a really dark red-ish color but since its been mainly a yellow and I notice a little pink tinge in it that seemed like discharge but it was barely anything. she has yet to poop though.

i keep giving her fleece blankets to keep her warm, yesterday she was grateful for them and stayed under the small mound nice and snug but today she crawls out from under then and isn't really feeling like having a blanket

her incision area doesn't seem out of character from when I've been checking either

I just want to know if this behavior is typical after being spayed since it's making me really anxious and making it impossible to focus. Is the food she is getting in her enough to prevent GI stasis since she is getting something at least and it hasn't been a full 24hrs yet? I'm just not sure what else to do and googling is causing more questions than answers.

It's great that she's been eating at least something and drinking and peeing. Ladies do take a little bit longer to show signs of normailty than the misters do, that's for sure.
Had three boys snipped and they all were nonchalantly crunching on hay by the time we picked them up. The one girl that we had gotten spayed, she didn't really agree with much of anything until the very late evening after the morning surgery.
What i would do for my ladybun, since we didn't have crit.care, is that i would soak crushed pellets and offer the paste on a spoon. End-of-the-bag dusticles worked wonders for that- already ground up. Iris seemed to prefer licking some paste from the spoon on her own, rather than me battling to feed her the mush from a syringe. She was semi-normal after three days.
I'm sure your ladybun will be feeling better in no time.

update since i drooped off but she's doing really good now! she did have a faux pregnancy (I think a continuation of the one she was in the midst of pre-spay) but alls good now. thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back