King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some really nice pics!! Penny looked okay about some of it, but certainly disapproving of the collar... lol How did she really like her first Christmas photo-shoot?

Kirby and Toby must be ol' pro's by now... Hope they all had fun putting up with your shenanigans. ;)

myheart

kherrmann3 wrote:
Hehe! Cute photo-session! I gave up on holiday pictures after the Santa-bunny tantrum held by my Toby. :p
Boooo! I would love to see Christmas Toby... And maybe some reindeer Sammi ;)

myheart wrote:
Those are some really nice pics!! Penny looked okay about some of it, but certainly disapproving of the collar... lol How did she really like her first Christmas photo-shoot?

Kirby and Toby must be ol' pro's by now... Hope they all had fun putting up with your shenanigans. ;)
Thanks Janet :) Penny didn't really disapprove. She kinda didn't know what to do. She seemed to be a little lost, as if the bell collar was a hand on the back of her neck, petting her and she didn't want to move.

Kirby and Toby were the ones who disapproved lots! You'd think by now they'd humor me a little on the holiday :p Kirby was so funny with the bell collar on. He did a whole-body shake and set the jingle bells off. Then he got so scared by the sound that he ran around a little. Poor, poor bunny. :shock:

Awwwwwwwwwwww , love your pics, Helen !
I know what I want for X'mas this year... :blushan: hehe
Can I have them for X'mas, Santa Helen ? Hehe, please please pleaseeeee. :pinkbouce:

kirbyultra wrote:
myheart wrote:
Thanks Janet :) Penny didn't really disapprove. She kinda didn't know what to do. She seemed to be a little lost, as if the bell collar was a hand on the back of her neck, petting her and she didn't want to move.
She probably felt the same way that I do about attempting to go out shopping after Thanksgiving. ;) Same facial expression, too! (first photo) :p

Bonus Christmas Toto pics!

My husbun was trying to get Toby to sit still with a treat... but we got another tongue shot instead. :D
DSC_4229.jpg

Here's Toby, posed semi appropriately, the little bugger.
DSC_4237.jpg

What I want to know is where do people have the room in their house to set a little scene up and not have the bunnies running away all of the time?!!! :shock:

Gosh, if I tried this with any of my kids, I wouldn't see them for the rest of the day!! lol

myheart

myheart wrote:
What I want to know is where do people have the room in their house to set a little scene up and not have the bunnies running away all of the time?!!! :shock:
LOL!! Good point. I normally don't do the whole set thing, but this year I dunno, I was in a mood to go all out. I did it on the dinner table, so it was elevated and they didn't want to jump. They kept running around on the towel over the table, though. The shots that I posted were the good ones out of like 50! So it wasn't easy :)

Bunny parents wrote:
Awwwwwwwwwwww , love your pics, Helen !
I know what I want for X'mas this year... :blushan: hehe
Can I have them for X'mas, Santa Helen ? Hehe, please please pleaseeeee. :pinkbouce:
Thanks, but no way! These fur babies are all mine!
:weee:

November 27, 2010 - A Normal Update

I guess I haven't been doing a lot of heavy duty updating like I was doing all through the summer. I still take a lot of pictures but ever since getting my desktop PC, it's been hard to juggle between having pics on two computers so sometimes I'm just like, eh, I'll do it later. :confused2: Also, the ability to play Starcraft II on the desktop PC has nothing to do with it. ;):biggrin2:

Thanksgiving was pretty great. It was just a human face-stuffing contest and I left all the bun buns at home. Pretty sure they were glad I didn't take them out to see my family!

The other day, something crazy happened. I was hugging Penny in the living room, sitting on the couch, and I let Kirby out to play. I thought I locked Toby up in Le Chateau. But what happened was I locked the bottom door but not the top door. So Toby was getting all fired up in Le Chateau watching all the other buns take over the living room. He charged at the 2nd level door and fell straight out of the condo. He landed awkwardly because I don't think he was expecting to fly out of there. Kirby got freaked out and ran back to the rabbit room, and Toby gave chase. I started screaming and I had to throw Penny to fend for herself on the couch while I jolted after Toby. Toby luckily ran down the hall, past the rabbit room, and Kirby had already run into the rabbit room so all I had to do was close the door. But then Toby turned around and ran into the living room again. I ran back, fearing Penny may have hopped onto the ground where Toby would spot her. Luckily, she was still investigating the couch and she was out of reach from Toby.

It was very scary having all three buns out and about like that. It was all over in about 10 seconds but it was a huge scare. I don't think I'll ever forget to lock Toby's doors, both of them, ever again! If Toby got Penny, she would be in big trouble because she's sooo slow and he's so aggressive. She's also never faced off with Toby before so I'm sure she's not even aware he's so mean to other buns.

Anyhow, here are more pictures of my buns!

IMG_0492.jpg

The red eye reduction didn't do a good job, so she looks weird. But she's chewing on that little hay toy. I swear, they've ignored this toy for months and suddenly she started to play with it.

IMG_0472.jpg

Here's Penny looking quite typical, shoving her face into hay.

IMG_0466.jpg

Find the bunneh.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Kirby's so cute when he stands up!

IMG_0477-1.jpg

Aw, I love when they share.

IMG_0483-1.jpg

Private sharing

:dutch

Cute pictures!!

The second picture, with Penny eating hay half in the box...is that when she pees on the floor next to the box? Because I think that's what Ziggy does! His front half is in the box but his butt is hanging out the opening, and I don't know if maybe he doesn't realize he's not completely inside the box or he's just too busy eating to care or what the deal is, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going on when he has his accidents right next to the litter box.

Dragonrain wrote:
The second picture, with Penny eating hay half in the box...is that when she pees on the floor next to the box?
Nope, when Penny pees on the floor, she just sits on the floor and pees, and then doesn't move away from it, hence wetting her legs and butt. She pees like she's incontinent but she's not... She seems to pee when she hunger-rages. But there's nothing I can do about it because I'm not gonna wake up in the middle of the night to feed her new hay. She always has hay, she just doesn't always like the hay that she has. She used to just eat everything but now she's gotten picky like the rest of my spoiled buns. On days where I sleep less and wake up earlier to feed the buns, she doesn't pee. That's the only pattern I've been able to sorta put on this.

And by hunger-rage, I mean, when she wants something to eat, she will bash her head into anything to make noise and get my attention. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it makes me rage and she regrets disturbing me, AKA "picking up the bun for some punishment snorgles!"

I really like this pic of Penny:

DSC_4164.jpg

I really like her expression, but most of all, I really, reallywant to hold her little white paw! :D Not sure why, but that was the first thought that came to my mind when I saw it, "I'll hold your little white paw, Miss Pen-Pen." Maybe it's because she almost looks like she's wearing a cast...(?). :p

myheart wrote:
I really like her expression, but most of all, I really, really want to hold her little white paw! :D  Not sure why, but that was the first thought that came to my mind when I saw it, "I'll hold your little white paw, Miss Pen-Pen."  Maybe it's because she almost looks like she's wearing a cast...(?). :p

Yah, I get what you mean. The expression is priceless. I think everyone interprets it differently. She just looks silly like that to me :biggrin2: Like she's a little bitter lol! Penny stands on her tippy toes sometimes. Like, she is sitting on her hind feet but her front paws are just barely on the ground, showing off her long legs. And that's when her white paw looks really cool :coolness:

November 27, 2010 - Rabbit Nation Infrastructure Changes

The rabbit room had some work done (again). After like, *10 months*, we finally fixed the shelf. The shelf fell off after a printer mishap and the little lamp had literally been sitting on the floor all this time, very sad. The lighting in the rabbit room was horrendous for a long time. Now, we've put up 2 shelves to elevate all the electrical cables off the floor, and created a bit of extra storage for the buns' supplies and toys. Also, the corner of the room is just generally cleaner. We were able to create a straight cut L shape out of the NICs and the pen and equally divided between Kirby and Penny for their night time separation. :) The slaves reclaimed a bit of neat walking space as a result. But during the day we open up the pen completely and they have the entire room, so it's no biggie.

DSC_4268.jpg

Here's an older pic worth bringing back just for entertainment and demonstration purposes. You'll see the lamp just lying on the floor in the background and a dozen wires on the floor also, hidden away behind the NIC panels and a sheet of acrylic to keep bunny teeth out.
DSC_0808.jpg

Some bun bun pics
DSC_4266.jpg

Yin yang buns
DSC_4263.jpg

Here, my Kirby is sleeping next to his lovey bun. I took these pics in total darkness + flash so it's a wee bit out of focus. I love to see Kirby so relaxed :hearts:
DSC_4271.jpg

DSC_4269.jpg

:dutch

Latest posts

Back