King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that look! I get it from my Toby all the time! There's something about their grumpy, bulgy-eyed, no-ears disapproval that always makes me giggle. It still cracks me up how Kirby has the same while smoosh of white on his little lips! :hearts:

kherrmann3 wrote:
I love that look! I get it from my Toby all the time! There's something about their grumpy, bulgy-eyed, no-ears disapproval that always makes me giggle. It still cracks me up how Kirby has the same while smoosh of white on his little lips! :hearts
I giggle when he looks at me with disapproval too. Man, was he disapproving!

I miss seeing pics of Toby!! I know you're busy but I do miss that gray fluff ball.

December 17, 2010 - More pictures + Rejection from Toby

The other day, I was having a real good time with Toby. Petting him, kissing him, and generally just having fun being silly on the floor. I laid down low to offer him a ride on my back (he does hop on every now and again). But I think he thought I was demanding to be groomed because my head is facing him, low to the ground. He bit me leg and pretty much shut down the Mommy Express. Ugh, heartbroken. :expressionless

Look at Penny giving Kirby the look of death again as Kirby pretends to be inflicted by death. She's even spell-casting some voodoo business with her front legs.
IMG_0549.jpg

Ohhh that's why Kirby's under her spell. I see now. She DOES look suspicious, doesn't she? ;)
IMG_0556.jpg

This is not the lady-like way to sit, Pan-Pan.
IMG_0522-1.jpg

:dutch

Yep, Penny does indeed smile when she eats. Most other times she looks dopey and just sorta lies there. But when she eats, she comes alive and looks pretty funny.

Today, Toby was trying to once again break into the rabbit room. It was safe for him to come in because the other buns were put away for the night. So I grabbed him for a nail trim. Boy is he sorry he did that! Poor thing, he was so freaked out. And he tried to bite his way out of my arms but I was prepared with a thick, heavy sweatshirt and immune to his sharp teeth. I managed to cut all his nails in one sitting without his escaping. And he was fairly cooperative I guess! I love doing Toby's nails though. It's the only time I get to snuggle him close in my arms. He totally hates it, but I wuv his warm, soft plushy body. :hearts:

Toby got a bite of Kirby's nose earlier this evening and hubby freaked out. Kirby seems to be in good spirits. It was so sad to see Kirby rubbing his nose with his front paws from the assault. :( Toby hopped away with a mouthful of black fur and we are worried about his gut now. He is behaving normally and I'm gonna watch his hay intake carefully.

:dutch

Poor Kirby, does Penny ever come to his defense vs Toby? When Baci tried to hump Shades once, little chicken Cappy started barking ran over and grabbed Baci by the neck and flipped him back. Of course Baci thought it was fun.

You are really brave to trim their nails solo. I still won't do it. I'll hold them while hubby trims them. However I'm the one with the bites and scratches afterwards. But all worth it.

hln917 wrote:
Poor Kirby, does Penny ever come to his defense vs Toby?  When Baci tried to hump Shades once,  little chicken Cappy started barking ran over and grabbed Baci by the neck and flipped him back.  Of course Baci thought it was fun.

You are really brave to trim their nails solo.  I still won't do it.  I'll hold them while hubby trims them.  However I'm the one with the bites and scratches afterwards.  But all worth it.
Penny does not defend Kirby. Penny is not a fighter. She kind of naively bops around and sticks her long nose out for Toby to munch on. :rollseyes
Haha yeah, the holder of the bun is always getting brutally beat up by the bun. When Toby is having a bad day and giving me a really hard time, I wait for my husband to be around to do the clipping. Toby's the only one I have a lot of trouble with. Kirby and Penny are pretty steady once I get them in my arms. I like to do their nails because I get to hold them and have a legit excuse :)P) and my husband tends to cut tiny bits and before long we have to clip again.

kherrmann3 wrote:
Aww! Poor Kirby's little nosey! Make sure you give it a kiss for me! :hearts:

I will kiss Kirby lots!

Cute Toby update! I love his little cotton-puff cheeks! :hearts I also like how he looks against the bright colors of the foam mats. It just makes him "pop" out a little more.

Also, it looks like you may need to turn your thermostat down... Toby is melting! ;)

DSC_4113.jpg

Hope Kirby's nose is okay! I'm so nervous about bunnies doing stuff like that between the cage/pen bars now, after a rabbit I was bunsitting nearly took Barnaby's nose completely off between the cage bars :shock: If you notice in his pictures, that's why Barnaby has a weird looking nose now.

Latest posts

Back