King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone miss Sir Toby? Here are some handsome pics of him waiting for me by the kitchen. He was patiently waiting for dinner :):eats:
"hi mommy. can i has dinner?"
DSC_4284.jpg

"i am a good boy. i will sit here and wait"
DSC_4289.jpg

Penny sitting as a loaf. This is a rare sight. She usually lays with her legs all out, very unlady-like. :p
IMG_0499.jpg

Aw Toby is so cute! My guys would never wait patiently for me to feed them lol, they literally try to climb me to get to their food bowls.

Toby and Kirby know when I am making their salads. I'm not sure how because I don't think you can smell lettuce from that far away. Kirby will sneak up right behind me in the kitchen these days and it wigs me out because I am so afraid I'll step on him by accident. Toby will always wait for me on that yellow foam mat because it's closest to the kitchen. :) Toby really is quite a well behaved bunny boy. Kirby is rather spoiled as time goes on. But I love them all. :biggrin2:

And, here's another pic of Penny. Because a Penny a day will keep...........the floors moist. :confused2::?:expressionless:twitch::thud:
IMG_0501.jpg

:dutch

Penny has peed many days in a row, daily. Again. So I dunno, maybe she just was in a mood for a couple weeks to be a good girl. Sigh. Oh well.

I forget... Did you ever take her to the vet about it? I wonder if she has any bladder issues (like a little infection?) Just curious... I keep trying to think of why she would do that (Toby is doing something like that here and driving me insane!)

kherrmann3 wrote:
I forget... Did you ever take her to the vet about it? I wonder if she has any bladder issues (like a little infection?) Just curious... I keep trying to think of why she would do that (Toby is doing something like that here and driving me insane!)
Penny was seen by two of the best rabbit savvy vets in NYC and both confirmed that Penny did not have UTI, kidney issues, or bladder issues. She does not have any calcium stuck in there... she is just a messy, nasty little girl :p She :hearts water and that's just that. She may have had food/drink deprivation with her former owner or something that contributes to her need to inhale any and all edibles, and she eliminates just as quickly in order to make room for more. :rollseyes

December 3, 2010 - Penny Monster

She put Kirby in a headlock :(:(:(:(:(:(
IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Good lord, is this a rabbit or some other animal?? No bun plays with a ball like this...
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/-1gkplO-f0U&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

LOL Thanks. Isn't she insane?

I feel like ElfMommy NEEDS to take that pic of Penny putting Kirby in a hold, and make it the next caption contest. The first one where she's like FEAR ME. And the second one she's like RAWWRR! And Kirby's like :(...

The vid is sooo darn cute!!!! I like the end where Pen-Pen climbs on you saying that she played enough, now it's time to love on the bunny. Too sweet...!!:p

I don't think Kirby really minds the headlock. What guy is going tocomplain when trapped under the 'dewlap' of a beautiful girl.:coolness:

myheart

Aw cute video! Pretty Penny. Ziggy actually plays with balls like that too, and Barnaby to an extent. Ziggy will play fetch with me sometimes if he's in the mood. Playful bunnies are the best!

Penny is so entertaining at times and so frustrating other times. Today she got into my husband's dry cleaning bag and was messing around his work shirts. I have no idea if they have holes in them now...

December 4, 2010 - Rabbit Nation update

King Kirby's rabbit nation was suffering a bad winter draft. It does every year, but for some reason every year it comes as a surprise to me lol... So I had to block it off with some good old bath towels and it works really well. And like an idiot, it took me 2 years to realize that if I clip the towel on the OUTSIDE part of the pen, the buns can't chew the towel. Ohhhhh! (Duh... :() Miss Penny no longer has to feel a breeze up her wazoo at night :) I actually put a towel up a couple weeks ago but the winter wind has really picked up and I had to clip up a second towel today.

All the buns have had a little big of redness in their eyes for some reason... I couldn't figure it out. Penny had a few fits of sneezing but only when she had her head ear-deep inside of the hay rack. So I guess it was the hay. The redness was pretty bad one day on Toby, then it was kinda bad on Kirby, and Penny had a day when her eyes were red, both the skin around the eye and the white part of the eye itself. None of them showed any other signs of discomfort. I deduce it was the box of hay. When I ordered the 45 lbs of Tim from KM, I boxed them all up into plastic containers and the first box they were eating was in fact the hay that was at the bottom of the shipping bag. A lot of the pieces were lousy, and it was actually pretty dusty. So I guess the buns were all sticking their heads waaaay down in the hay rack to find a "good" piece of hay and got sneezy and irritated eyes from the hay dust. Poor babies. I threw out 1/4 plastic box of hay crud tonight after realizing this. Grr. I don't want my buns to be uncomfy!

:dutch

Cute photo (and video) updates! :) The video of Penny with the jingle ball reminds me of our former foster, Berry-Boo. She was insane with things she could pick-up and toss (keys were her favorite), but if you had something spherical, she'd nose it around until it was exactly where she wanted it (normally in her food bowl). She liked stacking! It's funny the games our rabbits "invent", isn't it?

I have alot of catching up to do! Though I've been following their shenanigan on yours and Toby's FB. Can't b/l he actually growled at you tonight!

Yes, Toby growled at me twice today for ruining his fun. His fun = destroying the cloth bottom of my couch :(

December 6, 2010 - A Tale of Three Dishes

The bunny slave's husbun-bun bought a pineapple today and cut up tiny pieces for the royal buns to eat. Just a little bit for each. Sir Toby dove at the dish, thinking it was his usual pumpkin-in-a-dish treat. Then he was visibly puzzled. Then he sniffed it and decided to put his little tongue on it. Hmm... he thought. And he went on to brush his little bunny tongue on it several more times to confirm his opinion that the golden pineapple was in fact good bunner eats. He bit off a tiny piece with just the tippies of his front teeth and gnashed on it a while. Oh it was indeed delicious! He chomped the whole thing, squished it inside of his tiny dwarfy bunny mouth while juice squirted out of his pinkie lips. The dish was moved closer to his mouth to catch the dripping juice. Silly Toby. He enjoyed that treat quite a bit!!

Lady Penny Anne quite in her usual way, didn't care what was in the dish. She automatically assumed it is for consumption and proceeded to inhale it in one great satisfying bite.

King Kirby is too smart a king to fall for that. He is still examining the contents of his dish. If Penny does not die of poison overnight, perhaps he'll have his pineapple chunk for breakfast. :p

Latest posts

Back