King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh geez, it's 21 degrees at home. Meanwhile it was a warm and comfortable 63 degrees in San Jose today. I'm at the airport waiting to board. Staring at my Kirbykam, my heart is like tugging at me... I miss Kirby so much. My husbun really misses Toby. We both miss our buns :(

I made this pic the wallpaper of my iphone :)
P1050121.jpg

Toby looks so cute there.

Thanks!

Guess what? Flight delayed bigtime. I won't get home anywhere near the time I thought I was gonna. Problem with the plane's tire :( They are swapping out the tire which'll take a few hours. :faint::tantrum::scared::pullhair:Not happy about this at all. What a waste of a Friday this is gonna be :( :( :( I was so looking forward to seeing my bun buns too :tears2:

December 20, 2009 - Buns & Snow

We're getting the worst snowstorm in years! Toby has never seen snow before so husbun and I went out to get a little bit so he could play with it... I had a good time explaining that to the building neighbors in the elevator...

Toby: Hi everybun! I'm back!
P1050372.jpg

Nomming the snow!
P1050349.jpg

Whee!
P1050379.jpg

P1050378.jpg

Kirby was less excited. Being a hutch bunny before, he probably doesn't like snow one bit. He dug at it, he ate some too, but then ran upstairs and stayed there. He probably hates it more now that it's been on his head.
P1050375.jpg

P1050376.jpg

Toby's tiny head and big bunny boy body. :)
P1050384.jpg

:dutch

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
LOL Poor Kirby, always getting stuff put on his head.
:pinkbouce:It's just that he's so good at it. :hearts Kirby lays very still and when something small is put on his head, he just kinda sits and wonders if it's my hand, petting him. The snowball was on his head for about 15 seconds for a few shots. Then I kissed his little head and nose to warm the spot back up lol:biggrin2:

JadeIcing wrote:
Haha I plan on doing the same later. :D

Oh No!!!!! Not another one!!! Someone save the bunnies from hats o' stuff!!!! :shock:

Maybe you should have told your neighbors that you were going to set up for the "Hallway Snowball Fight" and seen what happened then!!! :biggrin2:

It looks like Toby had a pretty good time with the snow. Did he get brave enough to put all four paws in the snow? Anymore snow-bunny pics?

myheart

Actually, the neighbors were really dazzled! They were so impressed that we wanted our bunnies to experience snow. We have a lot of dog lovers in the building, and I guess animal lovers in general.

No more good snow bunny pictures unfortunately. Toby wouldn't hang out with the snow too much. I think he was very puzzled by it, a little scared, a little bit intrigued. He wouldn't sit on the box of snow, no! He just put his front paws on it a lot.

December 22, 2009- Bonding, try #2

Last night, we switched Kirby and Toby's litter boxes. Kirby started to hang out in Toby's box right away. He just didn't care. He ate the hay, he pooped and peed. No poops on the floor overnight (Kirby's been very messy lately). Toby on the other hand did not like Kirby's box. He sat on the floor, stretching his neck to get a bite of hay from his hay rack. He pooped in the box overnight, but it sure didn't look like he was enjoying it.

We also did about a 10-15 minute bonding session in the hallway. We went 5 "rounds" and rounds 1-3 went to Toby "Shark Bait" Bundor. Kirby would try to act tough, run up to him and Toby would meet him in the midle and then Kirby would turn around and run away at the last second. Then the chase began. Toby took out a few big tufts of Kirby's fur, but it was just fur - no damage done.

I broke up the fight each time. It was brief each time. Then Kirby kinda got cornered and he pounced, bopping Toby's head with his front paws and hopped straight over Toby's head and ran away to the other side of the hall. Toby wasn't the same after. He sat without moving a muscle for a few minutes. He was incredibly tame after. Round 5 was somewhat staged. I got Kirby and Toby to sit near each other about 6 inches apart and pet them both. They were both staring at each other. Kirby eventually relaxed whileToby was very upset the whole time.

I sent them home afterwards. Toby's been in his box ever since. I gave them both treats and petting on their own territory. Toby did not look like he was in pain, just very very sad. No teeth grinding. He's been hiding in his box ever since. :( Kirby has been grooming himself and generally chilling out.

I'd say this one goes to King Kirby. :shock:

Toby is still sad and hiding. It breaks my heart to see him so sullen. :( I can't sleep thinking about him...

Sorry to hear Toby is upset. Hopefully he'll be back to his normal self soon. Meanwhile I'm sure he's expecting ALOT of loving from you now!

I'm loving him lots indeed but he just doesn't seem excited or even fidgety like he usually is. He just sits :(

he is eating a little, he still likes treats. He pooped and peed overnight. I forgot to close his door last night so he could've run the rabbit room if he wanted. It's bunny proofed. He just looks sad. He nibbled on a veggie this mornin but didn't wolf it down like he usually does. Kirby and Toby sniffed each other's noses through the fence this morning but that was sorta it. Otherwise very uneventful.

I'm a bit worried. I hope he's feeling less glum by tonight.

His veggies are still on the plate from this morning :( It makes me sad to see that cutie pic now. He is so sad looking, not cute and joyful. Still hiding in his box :( I hope he didn't hurt and I didn't see. I know Kirby hopped over him, I don't think Kirby kicked him at all, but I can't be totally sure. When I pet Toby he didn't flinch, no signs of pain. Maybe hsi pride is hurting. But not eating his greens is very odd. I'll check his poops when I get home.

Latest posts

Back