King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh oh.... Are we going to hear about a new addition next weekend? I had signed up to volunteer at Safe Haven here in NJ, they did contact me back in Nov but then things got hectic with the both Baci and Shade being sick soI didn't respond back yet. I'm afraid I may get attached and start sneaking them home one at a time!

Oh boy!!! I got Kirby at safe haven. I'd like to volunteer there except it's too far :( I really wanted to adopt DeeDee who's still there I think. But Karen talked some sense into me.

I dunno what I'm gonna do. There's no way they'll let me have Milo since I have no good space for him :( I really need to figure something out. I need to get some help trying to bond my boys first.

God, Milo makes my heart flutter. What a flirt he is!!!!

I love the "Where's Kirby" photos.
I hope he becomes more affectionate!
And I hear you..I am nervous about fostering because I am sure I will take some home!!!

Time for a new blog! Page 26, and it's about time. :) I've been putting it off almost an entire month :shock:

To be continued shortly!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Myia09 wrote:
...And I hear you..I am nervous about fostering because I am sure I will take some home!!!

That is the most difficult part about fostering. The reward of seeing them adopted into loving forever homes barely outweigh the hurt of losing them.

Fostering is a good way to interact with different breeds and personalities. I have had the pleasure of knowing Katie, a Jersey Wooly, and Andrew Allen, a tortie Dutch, and Charlie Bear, a broken lop who was so funny, and Joseph James, a BEW Polish, and Cora, a mini-rex with harlequin marks, and finally, Ellie, a black and white Dutch. I would keep them all if I had the room, but Naturestee always manages to talk some sense into me.

Wabbitdad is right, it could be so easy to let the herd get too big too easily. I am thinking about keeping Ellie because she may have dental issue and many people may not want to care for a rabbit with such needs. Patrick is already in love with her, but I have to work onconvincing the girls they need another sister. Ellie reminds me so much of Luna, but is that the entire reason for keeping her, or do I really need to have four bunnies of my own to care for? Tough decisions....

Good Luck Helen with your decision...

myheart

myheart wrote:
Myia09 wrote:
...And I hear you..I am nervous about fostering because I am sure I will take some home!!!

That is the most difficult part about fostering. The reward of seeing them adopted into loving forever homes barely outweigh the hurt of losing them.

Fostering is a good way to interact with different breeds and personalities. I have had the pleasure of knowing Katie, a Jersey Wooly, and Andrew Allen, a tortie Dutch, and Charlie Bear, a broken lop who was so funny, and Joseph James, a BEW Polish, and Cora, a mini-rex with harlequin marks, and finally, Ellie, a black and white Dutch. I would keep them all if I had the room, but Naturestee always manages to talk some sense into me.

Wabbitdad is right, it could be so easy to let the herd get too big too easily. I am thinking about keeping Ellie because she may have dental issue and many people may not want to care for a rabbit with such needs. Patrick is already in love with her, but I have to work onconvincing the girls they need another sister. Ellie reminds me so much of Luna, but is that the entire reason for keeping her, or do I really need to have four bunnies of my own to care for? Tough decisions....

Good Luck Helen with your decision...

myheart
Did I miss a bunny?

Sorry, Ali, you did miss a bunny. I need to start a new blog to introduce my "new" trio. I just haven't figured outa title for the blog yet. :p

myheart

myheart wrote:
Sorry, Ali, you did miss a bunny. I need to start a new blog to introduce my "new" trio. I just haven't figured outa title for the blog yet. :p

myheart

:shock:Yah, where/who is bunny #3?? Janet, get on the ball, we are all eager to know what's going on at casa de myheart! :wave:

I hear what everyone is saying. Every brain cell in my head knows the truth is I would not live comfortably if I had a 3rd bun in this little Manhattan apartment. Frankly, it's possible that my existing 2 royal bunners would not live comfortably either. Right now they have such leisurely running areas. It's pretty unrestricted. If I introduce a 3rd bun, if they don't bond I'm going to have a very large variable mingling in my home.

My heart turns... a bit sour...(if you can imagine the feeling)...when I think about Milo going to another home. No bunny would be better loved for in this city (I said so:p) than a bunny in my home. I ball up my fists and pout whenever I think that Milo might not be mine. I am taken by him, but I don't think I am to the point of earth-shattering pain the way I am with my own two boys yet... I know we wouldn't give him to a bad home, not even close. He would be well cared for. He would be happy. He has been through a lot out there on his own and he deserves someone who would devote themselves to him... I really don't think I can have him :(

Someone did show interest in him. Someone who has a bun at home and looking for a bondmate. It's not solid yet but... I am unable to do my Saturday at Petco this week. I would be devastated if I didn't get to see him again before he went to a forever-home. :(

kirbyultra wrote:
myheart wrote:

myheart

:shock:Yah, where/who is bunny #3?? Janet, get on the ball, we are all eager to know what's going on at casa de myheart! :wave:
Ditto

Latest posts

Back