King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toby is still hiding in his box.

He did not eat his salad from this morning. He didn't eat much hay. He nibbled a few pellets, but not a whole lot.

He still munches treats if we give him a little bit to chew on. I gave him some pumpkin and he ate that.

He pooped tiny, tiny poops. I already gave him some benebac yesterday too :( He did pee when I came home.

I don't know what's wrong. Could he be going on a hunger strike?

Oh my god, I know what happened.

Toby just pooped out a huge like 2 inch long string of sticky, icky poopie. And another 1 inch long sticky icky poop. It was shiny, sticky, like a cecal.It was held together by fur :( Then it hit me.

Toby bit Kirby's fur out. A LOT OF IT. He must have ingested a whole bunch besides the fur that fell on the floor.

After Toby pooped the big stickies, he came out of the box and ran to the living room. Now he is hiding under the couch.

I've given him another tablespoon of pumpkin, loaded it with benebac. I also spiked his water with pineapple juice to make to drink more. Sigh. I don't know what else I can do to help. :tears2:

Yah look at all the troubles he's caused himself by nomming Kirbys fur! Toby finally nibbled some lettuce, a bit of hay, a little pumpkin, but no water. He ran around a bit, then pooped another stringy, furry poop. I'm glad he's finally working it out. I'm so glad I started him on benebac yesterday morning, way before the bonding session. It might have made a difference. He looks more alert. He flopped once this evening. He didn't flop over for his afternoon nappie. He was sitting in chicken mode in his box all day earlier and I was very concerned watching him over Tobykam.

I can finally sleep knowing he has improved a bit. Hope he continues to poop and eat tomorrow.

December 24, 2009 - Toby's Christmas Eve Stasis Scare

Toby went to the vet, got some fluids, and some medication and he is doing much better. :) He's hopping around and looking more engaged and alert. Thank goodness.

Ironically, Kirby has been *thrilled* these last 2 days. I mean, he is happier than he has been in probably months and the only thing I can think of is that he took a hard swipe at Toby during the bonding session and it shut him up for days! Kirby re-establishes his authority on the Rabbit Nation's citizens and all is right in the world again.

Kirby has been binkying all over the place, every chance he gets. In his pen, in the living room, zipping across the play mat... he's just jumping with joy! Bursting out of his pen as soon as I open the door! I really can't remember the last time he was this happy. It's a good thing he's so happy and doing so well because I was really in pieces watching Toby be so ill.

This experience has also shown me that Kirby is my heart bunny, but Toby is my husbun's heart bunny. My husband works all the time and I practically have to throw a tantrum and beg to get him to take a day off (he has more vacation days than me) to take Kirby to the vet. He stayed up late watching Toby and then voluntarily took the day off to take Toby to the vet. He sits with Toby and tries to pet him and play with him to keep him from feeling alone and sad. I feel a little guilty saying this but I really don't feel as panicked as I think I would be if it was Kirby feeling this sick. Granted, I am a lot more comfortable nowwith my at-home treatments to head off problems before they get serious, than I was before... so Toby reaps the benefits of me feeling less panicked and more in-control. But there's a gut feeling that if it was Kirby, I'd be a wreck. Don't get me wrong, I am very concerned and worried about Toby, but it... feels different.

Well, now we each have a heart bunny. They are both loved to pieces. That's the most important thing. :hug:

hi everybun! i'm toby! often-featured, first time blogging. Project Runway, my favorite show on tv with Heidi, is coming back in january. i am preparing for the new tv season...

[align=center]toby's search for the perfect viewing spot[/align]
well this won't do!
P1050386.jpg

where can i get a better view of the tv?
P1050392.jpg

yes! i found it!
P1050396.jpg

mommy, i found it!
P1050397.jpg

Awe... look at Toby exploring the new territory!!! Too cute!!! Love his little tushie-pic! :p

Are we going to get Kirby-pics of him exploring also?

myheart

King Kirby sends his men to do his explorations. He marches in later to conquer the land, of course.

Kirby is lifting the cottage, just about knocking it over. He does like to run through the first floor though. It's hard to take good pics of him in the cottage. His dark fur makes getting the right lighting quite difficult! But I will try if there are opportunities!

December 29, 2009 - Kirbeh, the Playful

Playful Kirby continues to be playful. He is bouncing all over the place, almost looks haphazard. So good to see him binky like crazy every night and DBF every morning.

To-To is doing much better. Almost ate all his greens today :D Much better poops!!!

Hooray!!!

:dutch

Back