King Kirby's Rabbit Nation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I read the full article on msnbc. So it's in compliance if the toy is proven to not have enough antimony seeping out of it, if the child sucked on or ate the toy. But doesn't change the fact that Mr. squiggles still physically contains an unsafe level of the heavy metal? Laws are so quirky. Well I'm still buying him so I guess it doesn't make a big diff. At least I know I won't be eating, breathing or licking the hammie for it to be unsafe for me!!

kirbyultra wrote:
lol I read the full article on msnbc. So it's in compliance if the toy is proven to not have enough antimony seeping out of it, if the child sucked on or ate the toy. But doesn't change the fact that Mr. squiggles still physically contains an unsafe level of the heavy metal? Laws are so quirky. Well I'm still buying him so I guess it doesn't make a big diff. At least I know I won't be eating, breathing or licking the hammie for it to be unsafe for me!!
My mom response was she is 10 she is old enough she won't be trying to eat the toy.:p

SweetSassy wrote:
I was going back thru your blog. I'm in college now, and I'm getting behind on RO. I seen the pic of you and Toby on the couch.... so cute :) 
lol! Thanks! I'm surprised more people didn't comment on that pic. I found it hysterical :)

Ali, your zhu zhu pets are cuties :) I can't wait for my crew to come in the mail!!! I can't wait to see how the bunners react to robot hammies. :shock:

Today, I went all ape on Kirby's xpen. His pen is held together by little folded pieces of metal. I've had some funny trouble with it lately and while I was away a couple weekends ago, my brother bent one of Kirby's panels the wrong way and a piece of the hinge popped off! I had always wanted to modify Kirby's pen so that the panel with the door would be moved over. I alway had to unhook the entire end of the pen in order to let him out because Toby's pen actually covers the panel where Kirby's door is located. So here's how it looked before. The "o" is where the door is on his 8-panel pen.

[o][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

I took a hammer and some pliers and went to town on it. Kirby was scared but watched carefully as I pried the metal apart. I used cable ties to make new hinges. Now it's like this:

[ ][ ][o][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

I'm THRILLED that Kirby has a door. Yeah, I am so easily pleased LOL I've been wanting to give hima doorfor months and I never thought I could pry those metal thingies off. For once, I'm glad I got a cheaper product. Toby's Precision brand dog pen is serious steel. That thing would sooner melt than unhinge! Kirby's was much cheaper andlower (Kirby is not a jump risk, Toby got the taller pen because I am definitely afraid Toby would go nuts and jump out one day).

December 11, 2009 - Another picture update

Guess what?

Chickens!
P1050066.jpg

[align=center]Slaves Offer Petting and Nose Rubs[/align]

Kirby: My favorite slave, please administer the royal nose rubs...
P1050147.jpg

Kirby: mmmm well done...
P1050148.jpg

Toby: UM! Excuse me!?
P1050131.jpg

Toby: *disapprove* what about me? Where are MY royal noserubs?
P1050136.jpg

10 minutes later, Sir Toby's full body massage is done and... well, he started to resemble a shaggy throw rug.
P1050137.jpg

Toby: What? Why are you laughing? What's funny?
P1050121.jpg

Toby: I won't be made fun of! *leaves*
P1050145.jpg

Commentary:
I really, really love these pictures. I haven't had much time to spend quality moments with my furbabies lately. I cherish these little sweet moments and I'm really lucky they sit still for me to capture it on camera. Kirby's big, baby brown eyes make me melt every single time. And how he looks so content, like he doesn't have a worry in the world is priceless. What I wouldn't give to make him that happy every single day!

Toby is practically a standup comic with fur. I don't think I've ever gotten disapproving bunny pix of Toby. He usually just looks goofy with his little baby face. I:heart: the picture where you can see his little pink lips and he's all relaxed and flopped on his tummy. He can be so serene and yet he rarely chooses to show that side.

That's it for now. I'm going to be in California on vacation for a week :) Much anticipated vacay, I am very excited. The buns are doing exceptionally well so I feel very good about allowing my brother to bunnysit. Hope the bunnies behave :) Ta-ta!

:dutch

Oh Oh Oh, I forgot these videos!

Goofy lil Toby

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/JzXMzmuyj18&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Awww, so cute. I love to watch bunnies eat.
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/2S571o9uvfY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Hehe if it makes you feel any better, the weather is not that great in San Jose! Can you believe it? I go to California and it's not sunny! My goodness, that's just my luck. It's raining.

At least... the sun tried to come out. And I got to see a rainbow :)
P1050161.jpg

Oh, here's my new laptop. I'm watching my kirbykam (yeah, Kirby is being lazy, lying down AND eating at the same time), and watching House M.D. on DVD.
P1050167.jpg

Here's a picture of Kirby eyeing the kirbykam. He's so cute when he is looking at the camera suspiciously.
video-1.jpg

Toby: "Mommy, you're coming home soon right? I'll wait here for you until you come back. Miss u."
P1050154.jpg

Oh, I love you Toby.
:dutch

Latest posts

Back