I love accents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't trying to make fun of you - I was trying to say the same thing you'd said...I printed it up (someone had posted it) - I had figured if we all used the same script - we could hear the differences in accents.

So I tried to say the same thing you did- in approximately the same way...

Honestly though? I love Zin's accent...I really do.

Peg-

Oh I know you weren't.. it just made me laugh...I didn't realize I sounded so...country like..lol

I will do another one with my phone voice...

LOL! At everyone...

Ok, I made a video but I didn't say 'the script' in it lol.... I just talk randomly to the rabbits. Snowy is mean in it, she chases Mouse, and then looks REALLY mad. I need to trim a few seconds off the end.

And then work up the courage to post it lol! :p

Ok, feeling brave, so I edited the video to take out the rubbish ending, but now for some reason it's greyed out when I try to select it to upload.... Trying to work it out! Stupid iMovie, seemed to easy to use on the surface lol....

Luv-bunniz wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:
This is such an over the top welsh accent but it makes me laugh so much! Note: Adult-ish content.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/5Nca7BuzpgY[/flash]

I will do this accent video thing but I don't know what to do and I don't want to be the first LOL!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny
Love it!! "What you do right, is get stroppy like, on the phone, you know like" ;)
BLOODY FABALAS!

Alright....here goes nothing! :shock::shock::shock:

My accent! It sounds a bit sniffly at the moment cos I have a cold, so you can hear me sniffing a lot lol...

Oh, and Snowy would like to apologise for her behaviour towards the end of the video. She was a little grumpy this morning. She would like to assure everyone that she would never hurt Mouse and has been snuggling with her this afternoon by way of apology :p

Anyway, there you go! :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

I love this thread! Listening to the videos are fun hehe!

Here's my attempt.. memory card was jammed pack, so only got a bit. Just waiting for it to finish uploading on PB.

Here we are :D!

Jen, you have such a pretty accent.

I sound a bit like Spring. I'll have to get my camera phone and do my accent. It changes though depending on my mood.

Aww thanks Aina!! :embarrassed:

Spring, I love your accent! Is it a typical Canadian accent? Because I've never really been able to tell the difference between a Canadian and US accent before, but now I see a bit of a difference?

More people must post!! :p

Jen you sound alot less Bristolian than I thought you would!

And my carrot tree also only has one carrot remaining... :(

I tried to do one earlier but my friend kept making me laugh.

mouse_chalk wrote:
Spring, I love your accent! Is it a typical Canadian accent? Because I've never really been able to tell the difference between a Canadian and US accent before, but now I see a bit of a difference?
Yeah - Its so nice! It sounds like a softer version of the American accent.

My view of Canadian accent has always been tainted, because the only Canadian I've ever spoken with lots was my chemistry teacher, but he lived in Ireland from his early 20s, so had a really bizarre accent, which sounded Canadian with an Irish twang....

I did film myself but I sound like a little kid!

EDIT: And I just found another video, the only video I actually have of myself, but it was veerry early in the morning and I'm pretending to be a reporter .....

pinksalamander wrote:
Jen you sound alot less Bristolian than I thought you would!

And my carrot tree also only has one carrot remaining... :(

I tried to do one earlier but my friend kept making me laugh.

Lol!! I guess I'm not 'propperrrrr Bristoooolian' but I do have a bit of it every now and then.... especially when I shout or I've had a couple of drinks lol...

And if I posted my accent then you HAVE to lady!! My first attempt was a distaster because I completely cracked up lol...

Well - I'm still fighting an ear infection w/ one ear swollen mostly shut - so I am not hearing everything....

Jen - your accent is "normal" to me - I thought you'd sound more British. I like your voice - and your accent.

Spring - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your accent - although I had a hard time hearing a few of the words. You reminded me of our trip to Alaska - as we drove through Canada we'd mention to folks that we loved their accent and they were like, "accent? You folks are the ones with the accent...".

I was thinking last night that I love the accent from Southern Maine - up to about the Bangor area. For an example - you can listen to Bert & I...

http://www.bertandi.net/mp3/notjustyet.mp3

and here's a link to more selections: http://www.bertandi.net/listen.html

Whenever I go home to visit my mom (who lives in Northern Maine) - I just have a ball listening to folks speak - of course - they don't think they have an accent - they think I have the accent....

but I think if you listen to Bert & I...you'll agree - the Mainiacs are the ones who have the accent...

Thanks!

Lots of different accents depending on the area in Canada.. should hear some from the East coast like from Newfoundland and PEI... now those are neat accents! Almost sound singy-songy when they talk, I love it. Also people from Quebec have a more french influenced accent, more so if they are bilingual!

I need to see if I can find my mic and see if I can get a higher quality recording.. the one in the video is just yucky and breaks up, blehh, might be why you had trouble understanding some words, hehe!

Love me that Newfie accents (yes there are two different ones depending on where you grew up you either had the townie accent or the baymen accent) Sadly I don't have a newfie accent as I've spent many years in Ontario now and it only comes out when I'm extrememly angry or extrememly excited and even then I don't notice it until I look at the the expressions from those I was talking to lol. Also love the aussie accent.

Goinbacktocali I love your accent, its so... homey I think is the word I dunno, its comforting in a way. If that makes sense and doesn't come off as odd. :p

OMG - Fran - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your accent. To me - thats an accent for sure.

I could listen to you talk all day long.

Latest posts

Back