I love accents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
One of my dearest friends lives in Australia. He phoned me for my birthday and it was so good to hear his voice..... of course his accent made it even better.

Today, I had to call an alterations store for a suit Luke needs done. The man was Asian..... I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to Asian people speak. "It Ten Dolla for pant wit cuff." In almost an apologetic manner. He'll have them done in a day!!! Something about their accents is just so gentle and kind. It's like he felt bad for charging me that! LOL!

Deceifering southern accents is a challenge sometimes but I love them! "Them Thar yalla kitties is nice 'uns"....

My friend in high school from London called me PENNAY....

People from Africa can be so soft spoken I have a hard time understanding them (at least the ones I've met so far).

I too love accents , they could be talking about absolutely something stupid and i could sit there for ho urs and l isten to someone talk.

LOL Pennie- that's 2 threads you've started today that I have been thinking of starting for ages now!! You're like psychic or something!! :p

I love accents too. My favourite has to be Irish/Northern Irish- I'm not fussy! I LOVE it. Any guy that speaks in that sort of accent just makes me melt lol...:D

I also really like the Welsh accent. It makes me laugh! And the Jordie accent I know gets a lot of bad press but I really love it!

I love the American accent too... All regions :D

I HATE my own accent though. I'm not 'properrr Bristoooolian loike' but I do have a bit of it, and I sound like a 12-year old girl :X Around here, everyone talks like a cross between a pirate and a farmer. Farrrrmerrrrrrrr. We don't say 'apple', we say 'aaapol'. And you don't say 'where are you?' you say 'where're you to?' If anyone's ever seen.... Little Britian I think? With Vicky Pollard? 'Yeah but no but...?' That character I believe (don't quote me on it) is a character based from Bristol. And makes references to Fishponds, an area of Bristol. Which is exactly where I live!! :shock:

mouse_Chalk I love your accent i seen some of the bunny videos and you talked and i laughed and said , oh i love her accent!!!!!!!! lol.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
mouse_Chalk I love your accent i seen some of the bunny videos and you talked and i laughed and said , oh i love her accent!!!!!!!! lol.
:shock:

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Oh deary me lol! It doesn't sound so bad in real life, but I just hate the way it comes across over the phone and on recordings.....!

I was just thinking about this today in class. We have at least five people from Europe in our class and it is so fun hearing the different accents.

I have never really had a really strong accent. Generally I pick up on the accents that the others around me are using. If I am not picking up on someone else's accent I have a slight southern accent. However, there are so many different southern accents it is hard to say if it is the one you have heard. Mine is like a southern bell.

I love accents too! Scottish is my favourite for sure. My great grandma is so funny with her Scots accent, for my entire life I can always remember squeeling with laughter when she says "There's a mouse loose about the house", when she says it it's "Thayr's a moose loose aboot the hoose"!

Because most of our TV shows are either British or American I'm very used to the accents, but the American accent we hear on TV doesn't actually sound like any American people I know :huh. Shows lke Friends, CSI, Bones, Family Guy, MadTV - shows I like - the people almost seem to not have an accent on those shows.

We should all make a vid displaying our accents! :whistling We could write a short script and we all have to say the same thing, and see how we all sound different :tongue.

On here, I LOVE Pegs' accent, it just seems so soft and lovely, she sounds really kind and so young.

NZminilops wrote:
On here, I LOVE Pegs' accent, it just seems so soft and lovely, she sounds really kind and so young.
There's another Peg on here?

:biggrin2:

I sure hope so - 'cause to me my voice sounds harsh and shrill.

However, I've been told I have a very relaxing voice (ok - when I was working as a receptionist - I had one guy told me I had the SEXIEST receptionist voice he'd ever heard...made me worry for a week if I was sounding wrong on the phone!!!)

I love so many accents - Australian for sure - English (should I say British??)...

At the feed store - there is this man working here and he lived in Jamaica. Sometimes I run into the feed store to pick up something small - just to hear his voice. Am I bad - or what?

Nice try, but nope I meant you :p. Your accent isn't harsh at all, it's very soft and sensual (and I don't mean that in a dirty way or to be offensive).

To me I sound so goofy and nasal, and I get so flustered if I'm having to display my accent to someone overseas that I end up talking stupid and don't sound natural at all :grumpy:.

Ya'll wanna laugh at an accent.. PM me and I will give you my cell number, you can get a big kick out of Squidz accent on my voice mail.

This guy I use to date.. now has an asian wife, and she cracks me up.. she thinks she's hot stuff because he's a lawyer and a car will come take him to the airport...

*You big important man.... car come take you to airport... you read paper in back seat*

She call's us all roundeyes.. and instead of laughing and saying *You're killing me roundeye's...* it comes out *Your Kirring me roundeyes...*..

So now we all say that... *Your kirring me round eyes... kirring me....*

NZminilops wrote:
We should all make a vid displaying our accents! :whistling We could write a short script and we all have to say the same thing, and see how we all sound different :tongue.
I really really hope we do this - cause I love hearing various accents. (I'll even do it even though I hate my voice).

Everybody probably would think I sound really posh! :baghead. I don't think any of you have heard me speak!

This guy cracks me up, his 'Christmas' video is so funny! (There is some bad language in this)

Here is one of a few British accents.

EDIT: Youtube appears to be down, I'll add it later.

My accent would be like he describes at 4:15.

I definitely think we should do that video thing though!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Alright, I'll do that! If everyone else does :biggrin2: There are already videos of my accent about anyway, I guess the damage is already done lol!! :p

Fran, I could SWEAR you posted a video with your accent in before, but I couldn't be 100% on that...

You can hear my accent on this video:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G590RkFwVao[/ame]

And there's another video on my channel called Sofa LOL's, although sorry but I can't be certain whether it has any bad language in it, just to warn anyone who might watch it. I talk more in that video though, and you can hear my friend's accents, all from round here, except one guy who sounds slightly Welsh lol!

I remember I used to work in a call centre, and unfortunately in those kinds of jobs, every now and then you end up talking to guys who are kind of....flirty. And I had several......'comments' made about my voice being.......'nice' :? :shock: And people asking for my mobile number! I just had to say that it was kinda against the rules (no idea if that was true lol) but meanwhile I thought to myself 'yeah, you haven't seen me yet!' :shock:

Whenever there is talk of accents, I always think (daydream) about Carry Grant and Sean Connery. I could do a Carry Grant movie marathon anyday. And Sean Connery.... he is getting up in years, but I could still listen to him talk all day long.... :p

myheart

Jen, I think you have such a pretty voice and accent too! And Michelle, in certain parts of the the US, people talk like the people on those shows- I guess you've not met many people from those places? My accent is like that accent. I lived in Wisconsin, Washington state (not DC), Texas and Maryland all before I was 10 years old, so maybe that's why I don't have an accent from any particular region. After I came back from living in Austria for a year in high school, I had a German accent for quite a while... long enough that when school started two months later, people asked me where I was from. They thought I was a German who knew English really well, heh.

Myheart, that's funny about Sean Connery. For some reason how he talks annoys me half to death, it's all the "sh" sounds he sticks in places.

Ok, I've already mentioned just a few times this week what a massive fan I am of Snow Patrol, but when it comes to guy's accents, you surely can't get any better than this!

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MtfWM8Tzd00[/ame]

The guy on the left, the singer. I could listen to him talk for hours, no, DAYS!! :biggrin2: Even if he just said 'blah, blah, blah' or was saying really mean things, I wouldn't care! :D

And when he sings....... :):):)

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Jen, I think you have such a pretty voice and accent too!
Aww thanks Shiloh!! :blushan:

I still hate it though lol....

So.... this video thing..... what are we going to all say? Do we have to appear in the video? I have a feeling I'll get a bad case of the giggles lol :p

Jen the first video of the buns running is where i heard you talk for the first time, and i just love your accent. Although you would have to speak slow because if you where to speak fast it would sound like another language,lol.

I am from Pa although you go to different parts of the state and people sound completely different. I am specifically from Philly and a few years back moved to the suburbs right outside of Philly and i am told i have an accent, someone immatated me one time and i highly doubt i sound like that, oh god i hope i dont sound like Rocky,lol. Since living, only 1-1 1/2 hours ,away from Philly and my kids basically growing up here they have an accent that i can tell,lol.

Latest posts

Back