I love accents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate my accent, I'm Irish :p

I like some American accents, but hate the American accent's 'Daddy's Girls' have, like on Sweet Sixteen on MTV. :D

Fantastic. I like accents too and love hearing the way things are pronounced,

Just cos Im from Birmingham everyone seems to think we sound like the guy of the halifax advert- WE DONT! I only sound Brummie when Im whinging about something.

Dont think theres an accent I dont like. I dont like the German language much cos it sounds so authoritive- like theyre telling you off for something!

OH ZIN you made my sons day when you said Diarehha,lol, he started laughing and repeated the word diarehha,lol. It is funny to hear what people sound like cause i would have never put your voice to the pics that i have seen, it is funny how you imagine what people look like and what they sound like and then it is usually nothing like you thought when you finally see and talk to them,lol.

I have to do a video when no one is around so my family doesnt think i am insane, well anymore insane that i already am

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Here.. I'll go first...

"You know, tomorrow your gonna be bacon, or sunday, no actually monday. (but your gonna be?) a handsome little fella until then!"
"Come 'ere bacon!. Look at the bacon. Say hellooooo bacon! "
"See over there? thats our physco neighbour."
"Ya know..Christians (sp?) new favourite thing to say is, "every fart is an adventure, when you have diarrhea" I think thats true."
roflmao!!

Rosies_mammy wrote:
Fantastic. I like accents too and love hearing the way things are pronounced,

Just cos Im from Birmingham everyone seems to think we sound like the guy of the halifax advert- WE DONT! I only sound Brummie when Im whinging about something.
Oh, I so gotta here the birmingham accent! I am from the west midlands (staffordshire), so its only like...3/4 hour drive to birmingham, yet I have never heard the accent.

PS. we all need to figure out what we can say so we have it perfect to compare to.

I vote for GoinBackToCali's

"You know, tomorrow your gonna be bacon, or sunday, no actually monday!" :biggrin2: lol. I think I have a video somewhere of me flying my hawk, will have to try find it.

I wasn't too surprised by Zin's accent, but Zin, you sound like you're about 20 :) I unfortunately have been told that I sound like a little girl. When I had to call my new boss at work months ago, the person who answered the phone asked if I was his daughter. I hate my voice :(

OMG Zin!!! You cracked me up!!! Your accent surprised me cos I've never actually heard someone talk like that in real life, but the part when you said something like 'I don't think she has any cheese on her nachos' I just about FELL OFF MY CHAIR. :D

I will never read your posts in the same light again :biggrin2:

It's funny, that. When you read someone's post, no matter where they're from, your mind always reads it with your own accent, if that makes sense? So although I realise that you're all from other countries/counties etc I never think about it really!

Ellisian, I know Middlesborough isn't a Geordie accent but Steve's aunt and her grandson have the accent, I'm not exactly sure of their roots but I guess they're from farther North lol :p

The Brummie accent confuses me! I remember my ex of years ago had a brother who was engaged to a Brummie girl, and her parents had the most thick accent I've ever heard. I can't remember where exactly in the Midlands they were from but I literally couldn't understand them even saying hello to me! :shock:

Ok, I'll do a video..... But someone seriously needs to tell me what to say lol, or I'll just get the giggles, talk quietly and ruin it completely! :p:p

Heheh, Everyone say "The rain in Spain falls mostly on the plains." Just kidding.
Really, I bet there are some words that are more accented by different people than others. Aunt or ant, tom'ay'to or tom'aw'to, b'aa'sil or b'ay'sil. But then there are also just things that are how clipped or long we pronounce words. I can tell a diference in a south Georgian accent and a north Georgia accent. I couldn't really tell you that diference though. I just know.

Just a side note: Peg sounds just like one of my aunts.

mouse_chalk wrote:
I HATE my own accent though. I'm not 'properrr Bristoooolian loike' but I do have a bit of it, and I sound like a 12-year old girl :X Around here, everyone talks like a cross between a pirate and a farmer. Farrrrmerrrrrrrr. We don't say 'apple', we say 'aaapol'. And you don't say 'where are you?' you say 'where're you to?' If anyone's ever seen.... Little Britian I think? With Vicky Pollard? 'Yeah but no but...?' That character I believe (don't quote me on it) is a character based from Bristol. And makes references to Fishponds, an area of Bristol. Which is exactly where I live!! :shock:
Jen, I heard a bit of your accent on a video and loved it! Tell you what....have Steve do a video of you playing and talkingwith the buns and we will all comment on what a lovely accent you have.

slavetoabunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
I HATE my own accent though. I'm not 'properrr Bristoooolian loike' but I do have a bit of it, and I sound like a 12-year old girl :X Around here, everyone talks like a cross between a pirate and a farmer. Farrrrmerrrrrrrr. We don't say 'apple', we say 'aaapol'. And you don't say 'where are you?' you say 'where're you to?' If anyone's ever seen.... Little Britian I think? With Vicky Pollard? 'Yeah but no but...?' That character I believe (don't quote me on it) is a character based from Bristol. And makes references to Fishponds, an area of Bristol. Which is exactly where I live!! :shock:
Jen, I heard a bit of your accent on a video and loved it! Tell you what....have Steve do a video of you playing and talkingwith the buns and we will all comment on what a lovely accent you have.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Ok, OK!! I'll do it! I'll make a video of me and my accent tomorrow.....

No idea what I'll say, so prepare for lots of giggles lol.... I'll try though! The thing is, if I talk to the bunnies, it always comes out higher than usual, so I'll sound even more like a 12-year old girl lol! :p

My accent is really weird because I have lived in so many places. People from Canada think I have a Texan accent and people from Texas think I have a Canadian accent! I am in between I guess. My brother decided to have an Irish accent recently and he actually does very well. It seems natural now. And Zin when my mom talked to on the phone she said that she loved your accent!:)

Aly!:)

pinksalamander wrote:
This is such an over the top welsh accent but it makes me laugh so much! Note: Adult-ish content.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/5Nca7BuzpgY[/flash]

I will do this accent video thing but I don't know what to do and I don't want to be the first LOL!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny
Love it!! "What you do right, is get stroppy like, on the phone, you know like" ;)

Dublinperky wrote:
My brother decided to have an Irish accent recently and he actually does very well.

Hehe I'd love to hear that! As long as it's not that stupid leprechaun accent that some American people think we have, like on The Simpsons, whenever there is an Irish person on they have red hair and talk like leprechauns :X

It's NOT the way we talk :)

Peg, you do sound really young!! I had to laugh at the peeing on the bed :biggrin2:

Minda, you have a really cute accent as well... :D

I'm thinking I should do this video thing today and get it over with lol but I don't know what to say?! If I talk to the bunnies I'll end up putting on my 'bunny voice' and sound all squeaky and babyish lol! :shock::shock:

What on earth should I say?

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I wasn't too surprised by Zin's accent, but Zin, you sound like you're about 20 :) I unfortunately have been told that I sound like a little girl. When I had to call my new boss at work months ago, the person who answered the phone asked if I was his daughter. I hate my voice :(

My ex husband was prematurely grey.. almost snow white hair.. and when I have no make up on.. hair in a ponytail and a retainer in.. and we'd be suckin face...people would stare..

Kinda creepy lookin

Went with my 20 year old voice..

Even though Russell is 40.. he actually looks more my age group.. 35.. maybe even a bit younger than me...

Me and Peg use to talk on the phone quite a bit.. before she became career woman and I became Ms. Australia 2008..

She actually has a very soft pleasing voice... and if she talks kinda monotone.. she makes me want to push 1 for customer service..2 for tech support... and 3 to make a payment...

TinysMom wrote:

There - for folks who haven't heard me (and Robin)...

I just watched Peg's..

I didn't snap ya'll was makin fun of me till I actually heard it..

I literally snort laughed...

Man I sound country....

Did Peg say *don't pee on my Zeus?"

Latest posts

Back