Brandy's Nut House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much Tristana and Nela :hugsquish:

Suze, I have totally been bitten by the flemmie bug and I do believe I'll always have one ;)

Well guys tomorrow is the big day for Snickers...can't wait to get it done and over with and get him back home and settled. My stomach has been in knots all freakin day. I doubt I'll have time to log in in the morning since I'll be getting home from work, getting the kids ready for school and off then have to get me and Snickers ready ourselves so we can head to the vets...but I will check in as soon as I get him home.

I hope everything goes well for Snickers.

Pickles knows that your doing the treatments to make him a happy, healthy bunny. He knows your just being a good slave.

Brandy .sending u hugs and good vibes for Snickers speedy recovery ..:)..dont stress hes gonna be just fine..boys spring back so quickly from this surgery..:)

Thanks guys, he is back home now, I was able to pick him up after an hour and hlaf. He is awake, he is pooping and peeing and he nibbled on a piece of parsley.

He is still drunkish and can't really walk, can't hop into his litter box so he peed and pooped on his blanket right beside his litter box.

But he is home and she said he did fine. I can't wait until he's back to normal :heartbeat:

hase213.gif

He's eaten some romaine, bok choy and carrot tops so I'm assuming he is feeling pretty good.

He hasn't moved around much but I'm guessing he is still feeling the effects of the drugs. 2 weeks (17th) Pickles is getting done. Eeek my nerves, LOL
Mom is coming up tomorrow and restocking my Oxbow supply and bringing 50lbs of Oxbow timothy hay for my babies, I don't have a supplier here so my family all restocks me when they come to visit, haha

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Came home from work this morning and he is up and about and munching on some hay. I won't have a chance to take him out until later since I have company coming but he's been bent over quite a bit friggin with his bits, I'm assuming he's cleaning himself since there was some blood, etc stuck to him.

Is it normal for him not to have any stitches or anything? just looked like shriveled up grapes now....I don't know exactly what I was expecting but not this apparently, haha

I'm so excited to get their new hay. I've been feeding the orchard grass and nobody but the guinea pigs seems to be too happy with it, hopefully they LOVE the timothy hay since I ordered 50lbs of it!!

Lisa, I will definately give him a squeeze from you and a treat ;) He's such a special boy :heartbeat:
Did I mention he was a little over 4 lbs, this SHOCKED me, I figured maybe 2 lbs if that!! He is soooooo small, well especially compared to Pickles, LOL

2lbs is tiny tiny Brandy..hehe..i can tell by his pics hes sprouting into a nice looking buck..:)handsome handsome...but i am partial to orange bunnies ya know....Flashie is 5.5 lbs,,which surprises alot of people that see his pic i dont know why..they think hes a tiny breed...well compared to Pickles he is ...! hows Picks doin ?..he getting used to being loved on yet??..
u already peeked at his danglers ..or lack there of....?? hehe..yea they just look like empty sacks and after awhile u wont really see them as much theyll shrink up.,,
which hay did u get again? pets pride or oxbow?..i luv petspride but man its expensive...i have tried oxbow too but it seemed a little dusty to me for the price....my buns liked both kinds..i just recently got a full bale from the stock shop down the road and it is FABULOUS!..its really green and smells like fresh cut grass...and for 24.00 for a 100lb bale ..thats schmokin cheap!..but its not always consistently good..so its frustrating..i have had so many bales that i had to toss cuz they werent that great..and let me tell u thats ALOT of hay to dispose of...!! ive been taking them to all the cottontails that live at the Honeywell building in town here...their are so many on a 1 acre property in the middle of busy streets ..poor things...when the grass is dead they end up starving ...ill have to try and take a pic of how many there are there,,i gotta get to bed its like 2am here ..ur a bad influence Brandy ...hehe
tell Snicks to leave his danglers alone ..and give him an extra craisin from me....or two in honor of his 2 lost cajonas....
11-heart.gif

*Snicker's at Flash's post* I love the 'danglers' term. Lol.

Glad all is well! I bet they will love the hay :biggrin:Btw... That cookie looks deadly :shock:I got fatter just looking at it :pMmmm coookiiiiie... *Off to get my not-so-great-store-bought-cookies*

I know 2 lbs is tiny but when I weighed myself, then held Snickers and weighed myself it didn't seem to change much...

The vet told me when you do that you should do in kg instead of lb and I always weigh in lbs, LOL and yup I've already checked out his bits, twice now actually...when he first came home and then again yesterday.

Pickles is doing good, starting the second dosage of eye drops today, one ear is spotless, left ear still has some gunk in it....his left eye is also still watering a bit, I wish it would go away :(
I got 50lbs of Oxbow, I don't think I've ever heard of pets pride and they all LOVE the Oxbow, WOOP WOOP.

Nela, I've made 2 of those yummy cookies now, sooooooo freakin good!

I'm sleepy, just got home from work and craving some banana bread *yawns* and we got a snow storm coming tonight....WOOP WOOP!

I've been craving banana bread for a looooooooooong time! I really have to make some. Hope you get some well deserved rest :)

I got both of my boys fixed at the same time and I thought they just looked like shriveled bits too, lol.

Glad it went well!

Latest posts

Back