Brandy's Nut House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momto3boys

Reaction score
So I guess this will be the beginning of my blog. I am new here and I don't have a bunny yet but what better way to get to know me :p

I have 3 sons who are soooo excited to get a bunny! Dakin is 9, Corbin is 8 and Tysin is 5 and they are my world.

Here's me and the boys (not a great pic but it's one of the few I have of them and me).

053.jpg

Then my girls

Nellie

Picture015Small-10.jpg

Lucy

Picture087-1.jpg

Dixie

021-3.jpg

Kasey

019-3.jpg

Kipper

031-1.jpg

Kaymen

Picture036.jpg

Whew!

Now here's my reptiles
Moose
054.jpg

Monkey
063.jpg

And Skittles
064.jpg

My hamster, Dribble
022Medium-1.jpg

And for whatever reason I don't have pics of my 2 guinea pigs uploaded to photobucket :( I will have to do that. They are named Daisy and Blossom :)

So now the fun begins of finding the perfect bunny.
I have a few 'leads' nut nothing will be happening until next week sometime.

We have 2 vets in town and I called them both to see about spaying and neutering, one does both but charges more for a male, I asked why and they told me fixing a male rabbit is more complicated then fixing a female...WTF?? I told her it wasn't and she told me she was the vet, not me. OKAY!!

So I called the other one (my favorite) and she's not comfortable spaying females but she will gladly do a male and for half the price as the other weirdo, so Im going to try my hardest to find a male.
One of my friends here has rabbits in her barn (they are her brothers for his reptiles) and she told me to come check them out, I plannned on going this evening but her son is sick so I will go next week.

I hate waiting...haha but I will keep you all updated on hos the search goes.

All ours are shelter rescues--our recommendation is to get a bun from a shelter. Agree with your vet assessment--every where else it costs more to do a female as it is way more invasive. Don't think I'd use that one at all.

Oh trust me I've been watching the shelters, right now we only have angora's there. There was a huge angora rescue done and I thought about it but they are just too much work for me. I don't have the time to brush them everyday, I'm lucky if I brush my own hair everyday, hahaha

Yah she is a cutie, she was getting ready to shed in that pic as you can see, shès normally SOOOO orange. She is a super hypo tangerine carrot tail baldy ;)

And you could have had her last week....the little booger bit me!! I got in between her and her roaches, LOL

Jax bit me once shocked me. Not hard but enough that I felt it. If you look in through my blog you will see pictures of them. The leos are Jax a high yellow and Isa a mack snow. Than I have an AFT, 2 viper geckos, and a BTS. I also have a rescue leo coming in not sure what he/she is.

Sweet! I want a blue tongued skink sooo bad but they're almost impossible to find around here unless I want a WC and I don't so I will continue to wait.

I would also like to have a uromastyx someday but if I get another reptile anytime soon it will be my ball python ;)

I'm going to go check your blog out!

Very cool. I got my BTS because someones kids werent caring for it... So free... Yea got to love people. I saw some at the show that were 100-150.

yah they are usually $250.00 here and when I say here I mean in Canada, as far as I know there are NO BTS breeders in the Maritimes.

Pet stores want up to $500.00 but they are WC.
When we built Moose's enclosure we built a double and the bottom half has been empty for over a year (Moose turned 1 in July) and I still havn't decided exactly what to put down there. Part of me wants something easy that doesn't require the UVB bulbs, etc but all the cook stuff needs UVB, haha

yah but a gecko doesn't need a 4x2x2 tank, haha

And I'm honestly really not a gecko fan, I got Monkey more for hubby, he likes them but they are too small and flighty for me.

They are soooo cute and I love all the different types of gecko's but Monkey will always be our one and only ;)

:) Great pictures ! Your pic with sons are adorable :) They seem to be very active kids. How gorgeous your pets are ! Love at first sight with Dixie. :blushan: and photo of Moose is stunning :) I don't have reptiles myself but really enjoy watching and hearing people raising them. Animals fulfil our lives :yahoo:

Well we went to the pet store this afternoon to gather some stuff (litter box, food, water bottle, etc.) and I peeked in on the bunnies.

They had one blue eyed white lion head, he is pedigreed and beautiful....I asked if I could see him (we are good friends with all the gals at the petstore) and she said he was an extremly nervous bunny, well that was an understatement, you couldn't even pet him, he was ducking his head and his poor eyes were huge as saucers, she said his sister was so outgoing and LOVED people but he was a nervous wreck and I know he wouldn't do good in my crazy busy house.

I know I shouldn't buy from a pet store anyways but it is an option...I can't wait until next week when I can visit my friend to see what her dad/brother has in their barn.

There's lots looking for homes on Kijiji but they are all 3 hrs away from me :(

I guess I'll just keep looking, I will find the perfect bunny soon.

Dave...there is certain days I would love for her to go to Indiana, ahaha but I really can't complain, she's a pretty good girl besides chewing on the cats :headsmack

Vircia, I'm looking forward to seeing him/her as well ;)

Back