Brandy's Nut House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is I have no place to put her right now :( I have Pickles in an extra large dog crate but I don't have anymore...I would have to buy one, my vet also won't fix females.

Craig grumbles and goes on all the time about the animals, but deep down he loves them just as much as I do, well maybe not as much but he loves them ;) Sometimes he says I have to much but he doesn't clean them or take care of them so he knows he can't say much. He has fish tanks in every room of our house and I absolutely hate fish so we're even, LOL

The thing is I really don't want to get in over my head and I am so up in the air about it all....one day I'm like yup she's definately mine, the next day I'm like it wouldn't be fair to Snickers and Pickles. Ahhhhhhhh it's just so hard.

I also don't have a place that I would be able to proplerly quarantine her and after everything Im going throughw ith Pickles, no matter how healthy she looks she would have to be quarantined...

However if her time is up I will take her before having her put to sleep...I'll figure it out. If it's meant to be then it will happen is the way I'm looking at it right now.

Brandy :) Giant ? Ahhhh I wish to have a Giant one day, but I know how you feel. As much as I want to have more fur babies, we're not ready for more, even for one more. We have limited space, and we both don't want to upset our Kimiko. I've made hubby promise me one thing. When we will build our own house, definitely it has to have bunny space, bunny room, a backyard with kid's playground plus bunny playground ! :) hehe, I have to hole on to that.
I don't like the idea putting animal to sleep :( well, if it's not necessary, if they don't really sick.
:) Like you said, if it's meant to be... :hug2:
You're a great momma ! With lovely 3 boys and all pets. Wow, brandy :) Lisa, you, Tristana and many many people on RO always be good sample of how to be good momma for me :) You guys are great !
:( I will be able to use Internet till Tuesday morning. Soon we're there, I will go signing up for Internet asap. You guys are part of me, I felt something missing when I didn't log on and didn't talk with you. :)
take care.

hmm...well i pull the whole...ill do this if i can get a bunny. :) or you hurt my feelings with that mean comment and ill go play on the computer and be like...o look this is so sad this bunny needs a home and you just were mean to me but bunnies are always so nice to me :)

My boyfriend James is the same way..complains but loves them.
I have learned not to even check out SPCA right now..

But I am glad pickles is a mammas boy! Too cute!

hehe you are all so funny. I love this place. you guys have become family. I do all the work with the animals too but my dude is huge.. he takes up a lot o space himself.. so he feels crowded as it is.

Me, I wouldn't care if my floors were completely hidden by binkying bunnies everywhere.

Brenda, sometimes that trick works for me too. He feels so torn wanting to say yes ok because he knows how much I love them but.. there is always that but!! grrrrrrr...

Well there's just no way it's gonna happen :(

I found 2 fleas on Dixie (Schnauzer) yesterday and 1 on Nellie (lab).

Off to the vets today to get meds for EVERYBODY....
I thought I was sooooo careful but apparently not careful enough....I don't have the money for this since I only get paid tomorrow so I have to take it out of the savings account. This close to Christmas, all the extra money I've had to put into Pickles, there's just no way I can bring anything else into the house until I get everything under control here, not to mention it's sooooo close to Christmas.

I wish I could save them all but I just can't :(

:hug2: aww Brandy, I'm so sorry about this..maybe there will be someone else with a heart as big as yours who falls in love with that bunny. Sometimes there are miracles. I'm sorry you have to go through the xmas crunch too. it always seems to happen at this time of year, or maybe we notice it more?

xoxo

i know for xmas money is tight for us. im getting my daughter something, my fiances nephew, and my best friends son and thats it. i am thinking about making homemade cards for everyone else with pictures of the family inside cause were pretty broke outselves....

you know its funny i always find money for the pets lol stopped splurging on tak out and eat healthier big meals and its saved me a ton!!!

Brenda...ur right ..i go without certain things for my pets...eh who needs Lancome eyeliner when revlon works just as well..hehe

Brandy ...im not too fond of fish either.... my boyfriend loves fishtanks if he had his way hed have one in every room too...ack!! .....i tell him ""no freakin way are u gonna start another tank that u seem to think looks fine even tho its so murky i cant see a fish anywhere in it "" ..hehe...and im not about to stick my hands in water so dark and find "scaly things'that look like they belong back in the dinosaur era...nope.

Well everyone got treated yesterday, $96.00 later, so far Pickles has cost me over $160.00 and I haven't even gotten him neutered yet, LOL but he is worth it. It will be sooooo nice when I can stop with his meds though, I'm bet he will be glad to be done with them as well.

Yesterday was a blah day so me and the boys baked a giant cookie, topped it off with marshmallows, M&M's and chocolate fudge, it was DELICIOUS!!

001-7.jpg

004-8.jpg

Then last night me and Snickers hung out all night...he snuck into the bathroom and by the time I went to investigate he had already chewed 3 holes in my favorite hot pink GAP jogging pants, LOL he's lucky I love him!

AWESOME COOKIE!!! wowza!! making me hungry now!
Flashie sneaks in my bathroom too and he has turned my cute fluffy robe into something that looks like the moths have gotten into...My boyfriend laughs when i put it on...its loaded with little holes,,.hehe

hes also taken a liking to my drapes in my room...grrr...i hafta take a pic and show u ..ur gonna laugh it is so bad...

yup and at Easter you could put pink, purple, yellow and blue on it, Valentines Day you could put pink and red on it, etc etc so you can decorate a giant cookie for every hoiday, LOL

I made another one today and it was even better!! I put loads more marshmallows, candy and chocolate on it, yummy yummy!

So 2 more days until Snickers gets neutered, I am nervous and I hope he actually gets done unlike Mr Pickles.

Speaking of Pickles, he is done his 5 day mite treatment but he still has 1 gunky ear so she told me to stop for 2 days and then do another 5 day treatment.

Still getting his eye drops, she said to do it until the tube was gone :( poor baby looks awful since all around his eyes are greasy from the ointment but they don't seem as red and he never has any crusties anymore *knocks on a very large piece of wood* so I'm guessing it's doing it's job.

I also cut Pickles nails this morning, I knew they were super long but he had been through so much I was putting it off, well today I couldn't stand it anymore and they were soooooooo long, like seriously some of them were 1/2" long!!

My poor boy probably doesn't know what's going on, since he's been here it seems someone is always picking him with needles or putting stuff in his eyes, ears and now cutting his little swords (they were freakin sharp).

I just hope he realizes I'm doing it all to make him a healthier/happier bunny :heartbeat:

oh.. he will definitely know why it's being done. While I was giving BunBun his medications and that long stretch of illness, we got closer and I didn't think that was possible.

There was an even closer softness between us and I could feel his gratitude. I felt the same way. I hoped that he wouldn't associate me with the medication, the smell of the vet's etc. but the opposite happens. I'm pretty sure they *know*.

Pickles is so blessed to have been welcomed by your family :)I hope everything clears up very soon! That cookie looks awesome...

Holy Cow have I been gone too long! I saw pictures of Pickles on the Flemmies in Photo Philes, and what like "Where the heck did this guy come from!?".

So anyhow...Congratulations! You turned into a fellow Flemmie lover! Woo hoo! ;)

He is gorgeous and sooooo white! I love his face too!

I am having a blast looking through your quickly expanding blog here and all those beautiful pictures from your neighborhood surroundings too. It makes me miss my hometown in northern MN!

I can't wait to see more on Pickles and Snickers and hope all is well (well, after the fleas get the heck outta there at least).

Love your boys' pics too! Whata great family you got going there :D

Latest posts

Back