Brandy's Nut House

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently there's been numerous dogs that have gone missing :(

I mean this when I say this dog is THEIR LIFE!!! Dad is so attached it's not even funny, I can't even describe the stuff they do for this dog, they won't even let her outside in the winter time without her sweater on and she has sunglasses for the summer time....their whole house is devoted to the dog. She is like their baby, her and my Dad share a meal every night and on Dad's days off they always to to Tim Horton's together so she can run around on the grass and do her business then gets her doughnut...

If they both end up working then their neighbor goes over to take her for a walk, etc because the thoughts of leaving her alone for 6 hrs kills them. She is a pure grey Shih Tzu.
I was talking to Dad periodically throughout the day yesterday and he was just so upset, he hadn't slept at all the night before, he even went to my uncle's and they printed off flyers and he put them all around all the businesses in a HUGE snowstorm. I got it all over Facebook and Kijiji, all the SPCA's know, dog catchers, vets, radio stations, newspapers, etc...Dad always tells me he loves me before he hangs up the phone and last night I told him to get a good night sleep and start again today and he said he would try and when he said he loved me his voice cracked and it broke my heart....

I was just talking to my step mom and Dad's already out looking again today, last evening he was going door to door all over town. My step mom said they're getting different stories now, someone claims they seen her way up town but the time she gave was a time before she was even taken in the first place, now another person said they seen a man walking her at the end of their street but yet she didn;t have her collar or leash on so unless he came with all that stuff there was no way he was walking her. They're just getting so many different stories.

My friend said her sister's dog was stolen and returned a week later smelling like a kennel, she was well fed and watered and they found out there's a kennel about 20 mins away that are selling these dogs for $150 then someone else's was almost taken...now someones greyhound is missing and a golden retriever and some guy caught somebody trying to take his rottie....

WE NEED TO FIND HER!!!

brandy, I am bawling here. it is so so sad. I really hate that your parents have to go through this and that some IDIOT ( I wish I could curse too) kidnapped their dog. That would feel on some level like a child was kidnapped.

how can anyone be so selfish?

do the police ever get involved in searching with their own police dogs, getting the missing dogs scent etc? is campbellton small enough that the dogs aren't often used so that there might be a chance they would be openhearted enough to try?

ur doin the right thing Brandy .,you gotta be loud about this ..tell everybody ,,,make noise about it..get every media involved that u can .no matter how small they seem...this person WILL return the dog if people are making a big stink about it...
and when u think uve made enough noise about it and told everybody ....tell them again.

im so sorry ..if i lived ANY where near u guys id be right there with ur dad in the snow putting up posters.......no BullShi ,i would.

I would too! Blizzard, ice storm, etc. If he'd be out I'd be there with him. I don't know the man but he sounds like such a loving man. For that dog to be taken from him is just cruel. I am heartbroken for him. :(

No news on Tika :'(

But I am amazed at the people on FB telling me their dog was stolen or almost stolen....all in Sussex.
Dad's in Sussex which is 4 hrs away from me, apparently someone is taking the dogs and reselling them for $150.00. She is fixed so they can't use her for breeding.
I just don't know what to think anymore, it's just so heartwrenching.

Oh I'm so sorry for your fam :(This is just horrible. Poor Tika. I will keep crossing my fingers and praying for her safe return.

We have a huge problem in our area with smaller dogs being stolen and being used as a "bait dog" for pit fighting. It's so hard to see these (usually) elderely couples desperatley seeking to find their maltese or bichon that all of a sudden wasn't in their yard anymore.

People are just sick and twisted. And some wonder why I'm such an animal person! :shock:

That is sick and twisted, wow that is awful :(

I LOVE Pitties, I despise what people do with them...what a sin. Thankfully we don't have pitt fighting around here.

I'm the same way, people wonder why I prefer animals over people...just look at what people do.

Here's a pic of my gorgeous boys on Christmas Day :heartbeat:
045-3-1.gif

awww your boys are so sweet!!! :)

I was relieved when you said the pup was fixed because I was thinking but not saying i prayed to god this was not puppy mill stuff :(

Crimes like this don't get enough punishment if any at all.
it's just plain cruel and beyond words really.

Well I'm sitting here in tears!!! I thought they were happy tears but now I think they're sad tears, maybe a little of both....

My brother just called and they just gave birth to their 4th baby...a little boy they named Zaiden...of course I am ecstatic about this but it is killing me being 4 hrs away and wondering when I'll ever get to meet my brand new nephew!! It's amazing how much I can already love a baby that I haven't even met yet :heartbeat:

I was wondering if they were going to stick with the Z theme but they definately did so now we have Azalia, Zavier, Ezra ans Zaiden and their cat Gizmo, LOL

Back