Ayglnu13 (Amy's) PICTURE VAULT! :o)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenniblu wrote:
Amy, you are so kind and loving to all creatures. I hope theyeither let you have the bird or improve its conditions. You know, I'venever even experienced bad smelling birds/bird cages except for poorlykept chickens. How that place can have smelly cages and still put theanimals on display is beyond me.

It smelled so bad that my little brother was gaging. As soon as myfamily walked in the door they turned around because the smell was sobad, I was the only one who wanted to go in and see the birds, everyone else came in after I had been in there for like 5 minutes andwouldnt come out :D

When we were walking around the "Bird Barn" there was this vent thatyou had to pass and every who passed it had to hold their nose! :X

~Amy

Those poor pooranimals , I feel so bad , Ihave been there Catskill GamePark but it was years ago andin immaculate condition! ? omg I cantbelieve they have let it go sofar down hill . When writing such a letterhon Never worry aboutsounding dumb ,besides there isnt a dumbbone in your body , you write welland articulate perfectly , youwill do fine. and Yes i willcritique it for you .

By the sounds this may go farabove what the owners and workstaff will handle Im thinkingmaybe you should contactsomeone of authority ( sp ) . By thesounds the place needs a close down and cleanup quickly , I was noticing theRhino that one worries me alsoRhinos souldnt get depressedlike that , its just not normal, They are solatairey creaturesin nature but the poor thingjust looks off if you kow whati mean ?. arg my keyboard isskipping again bear with me iwill try and get thru and fix errors, Imthinking a formal letter of complaint is in order .

I know what ya mean about the Rhino's, they really did look very sad...here are more pics of their cages..

P5030237.jpg

P5030236.jpg

P5030235.jpg

P5030248.jpg

The one in the back was in this small pen that was covered in mud and there was a huge puddle in half of the pen.

formal letter of complaint

I am not quite sure what that is, considering this is the first time Ihave ever seen abuse at a zoo. What would be an example of one? I hopeI am not asking too much, I just dont want this letter to be ignored bythe zoo.

~Amy

gypsy wrote:
Those poor poor animals, I feel so bad , Ihave been there Catskill GamePark but it was years ago andin immaculate condition! ? omg I cantbelieve they have let it go sofar down hill . When writing such a letterhon Never worry aboutsounding dumb ,besides there isnt a dumbbone in your body , you write welland articulate perfectly , youwill do fine. and Yes i willcritique it for you .

By the sounds this may go farabove what the owners and workstaff will handle Im thinkingmaybe you should contactsomeone of authority ( sp ) . By thesounds the place needs a close down and cleanup quickly , I was noticing theRhino that one worries me alsoRhinos souldnt get depressedlike that , its just not normal, They are solatairey creaturesin nature but the poor thingjust looks off if you kow whati mean ?. arg my keyboard isskipping again bear with me iwill try and get thru and fix errors, Imthinking a formal letter of complaint is in order .
You know Gypsy hit the nail on the head. Looking at thesepictures, I think it is beyond a letter. You should contactyour local SPCA and tell them the condition the zoo is in and show themthe pictures.The animals seem to be in horribleconditions. 30 guinea pigs in a cage? Oh, heckno!!! And the rhino pens look cramped and dirty.The muddy areas could be a breeding ground for all sorts ofdiseases (mosquitoes, gnats, etc.). Horrible!

Amy :

Never fear asking toomuch , that really canthappen when it comes to abuse , I willhelp any animal orhuman who is beinggrossly neglected as theseanimals are , never fearhon I will back you110 % all the way.

Here is the finished letter...

Dear Catskill Game Farm,

I am writing this letter as a Formal Complaint to the Conditions of theBird section and the Rhino section that were witnessed on May 3rd 2005at 11:30 AM.

I noticed that in the Rhino Pen there was lack of decent paint andadequate dry ground for these animals to stand on and or rest on asthere was a large puddle taking up most of their area. (See picture A)

After we visited the Rhinos we headed up to visit the “Bird Barn”. Whentrying to locate a door to the bird barn we passed a vent where thishorrific smell was coming out of it. We then entered the barn andnoticed that this smell was coming from inside this “Bird Barn”. Uponentering we noticed that these birds were in horrible conditions, hereare some examples: Lack of proper ventilation, some walls were coveredin droppings, no toys what so ever, some cages didn’t even have perchesfor the birds to sit on, and they had flies in their food.

There was one bird in particular that was the worst off, the SulfurCrested Cockatoo. This bird is an extremely exotic bird that requiresextensive care. This cockatoo had literally nothing in his cage exceptfor a food dish and a water dish (see picture B)

This Cockatoo didn’t even have a perch. Cockatoo’s are VERY socialanimals and need stimulation whether it is from human contact, toys, orother cockatoos. I have owned parrots for quite a long time and duringthat whole time I have NEVER seen such a lonely and neglected parrot asthis one. This Cockatoo is such a sweet bird (see picture C) and Idon't understand why he didn’t have any accessories with him in thecage.

This cockatoo also had flies in his food, and as you very well mightknow flies can cause serious diseases in birds, which can lead todeath. I also noticed that his nails were very long and they obviouslyhad not been trimmed in quite a long time, if a bird’s nails areallowed to grow to longer there could be more trouble regarding thebird’s feet.
I am really amazed that this bird hasn’t plucked his feathers out ofboredom; if you don't act soon you may end up with some very bald birds.

I run a small bird rescue in MA and would be willing to take this birdin if you are not able to produce a better living space for him or youdon't wish to improve his conditions. I don't want to have to call theASPCA but I will if I don't hear of any improvements.

I am not here to cause trouble; I just want to see these birds livingin better conditions, if they continue living in what they are now Itruly believe that some of them may die.

Sincerely,
Amy

(A)
P5030237.jpg

(B)
P5030393.jpg

(C)
P5030384.jpg

PLEASE feel free to critique and let me know of any grammatical errors :D

~Amy

I am not here to causetrouble; I just want to see these birds (use animalsinstead)living in better conditions, if they continue livingin what they are now I truly believe that some of them may die.
Maybe also add that you would like to know what measures they plan totake to improve their conditions. Thatthey maycontact you to let you know about the improvements andthatyou alsoplan tocontact them in X amount of time tofollow up on this situation.<--- Something likethis maybe?

Awesome idea :D

here is what I added....(The bold is the new part)

Irun a small bird rescue in MA and would be willing to take this bird inif you are not able to produce a better living space for him or youdon't wish to improve his conditions. I don't want to have to call theASPCA but I will if I don't hear of any improvements.

I would like to know what measures you plan on taking to improve theirconditions. Please contact me and let me know about their improvements,if I don't hear from you within two weeks I plan to send a follow upletter, if I still don't hear from you I will call the ASPCA.

I am not here to cause trouble; I just want to see these animalsliving in better conditions, if they continue living in what they arenow I truly believe that some of them may die.

Should I make it two weeks or three weeks? Is two weeks not long enough?

~Amy

YayI'm glad you like it! :D Ittook me like 3 hours to write,I must have rewritten all ofthose sentences like 100 times! I really REALLY hope they dont ignoremy letter!

~Amy

I haven't been on in a while but I am back andglad to ketch up on this post!! I am glad you wrote to the zoo and Ihope things improve. Me and my sister want a bird (something that will"sing") but my mom says they are just smelly and messy so we can't getone though we came close to buying a budgie once.

Birds are AWESOME!They are probably even with bunnies on my "Best pet list"! They don’tsmell at all, unless you don’t clean them obviously :p But anything cansmell if you don’t clean it. Yes birds are messy but only if you puttheir food where the can throw the seeds out of the cage.

If you get a feeder like this one

pita.jpg

There are virtually no messes :D

~Amy

STAMP OF APPROVAL, Only give the 7 to 10 days for aresponse and 30 days for improvement.

Hey! I have not been able to post picturebecause I broke the UBS connector:shock:But my dad hadordered a new one which should be in any day now! :Dsohopefully I will be able to add some more pictures with in a coupledays.

~Amy

Hey I have some new pics....although they are not of rabbits....

I havent had the heart to take pics ofrabbits yet, because everytime I do I think of Brogan :)

Just some flowers from around the yard...

2.jpg

4.jpg

These two pics are the inside of a tulip :)

5.jpg

3.jpg

Out side of a tulip

6.jpg

^^I have NO idea what kindaflower this is :)^^

Pictures of the Huskys I work with....

This is Boulder

7.jpg

11.jpg

And this is Denver

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

We're missing Apen in these pics, she isnt a very nice dog:)

~Amy

Latest posts

Back