Ayglnu13 (Amy's) PICTURE VAULT! :o)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fae is so cute! Look at those cheeks!

P1012195.jpg

Oh ya, poor Nimue has to go to the vet'stoday :( He has this HUGE (1 Inch) like red mark on the back of hisneck. We are thinking he might have mites :? Then they got itchy and hescratched it so much that is stared bleeding :? Poor little man, heHATES the vet, hopefully I will be able to get home with out beingbitten by him! Pray all goes well and that it isnt anything moreserious then mites!

Thanks!
~Amy

Will definitely pray, Amy. Please let us know as soon as you get back what the vet said.

-Carolyn

Were back! :D Nimue is...OK :? Hedoesn’t have mites, but the vet is testing for Tapeworm! How would hehave gotten that?!?! She was like "you need to keep him away from otheranimals, because it is contagious, and it is contagious to humans too!"EWWWWW :X I have no need for TAPEWORM! Well the vet bill was $100 whichwas OK, but thats my whole weeks earnings....oh well it was worth is :D

~Amy

I hope it is not tapeworm... When I was five astray cat came around gave it to our cat, and everybody in the familyended up getting it, though we ended up fine. I really hated it and theis lots of diaherria involved. Hope everything turns out alright.

Here is Nimue all ready to go to the vets! And boy was he MAD!

P1012454.jpg

The crate JUST fits him, though it was orginally used for dogs :shock:

P1012455.jpg

This is why we brought him to the vets, it started as a bald spot and then he scratched it and it bled :(

P1012462.jpg

~Amy

I went to NY this weekend, AGAINT MY OWN WILL! :shock:

Can you tell I didn’t want to go??? :p

Anyways we went to a zoo (again) and here are some pictures I took :) Though the trip didn’t end happy :( (Story at end of post)

"You cant see me can you??"

P5030121.jpg

"Hello ladies"

P5030123.jpg

OMG this psycho peacock just DIDNT STOP chasing the ladies!!!

P5030127.jpg

Santa Goat

P5030158.jpg

ATTACK DEER!!! (These deer were really SCARY!)

P5030177.jpg

"Do you have my dinner?"

P5030260.jpg

This poor Rhino looked SOOOO bored, I felt really bad for it. My sister and I decided that we should go and give it a hug :p

P5030297.jpg

P5030304.jpg

Attack piggies :D

P5030316.jpg

"Barbie and Ken Llamas"

P5030323.jpg

She so is barbie!

P5030329.jpg

Some very cute baby goats!

P5030337.jpg

P5030333.jpg

Baby bear being sneaky :cool:

P5030367.jpg

"ooooo fingers"

P5030379.jpg

All this baby wanted to do was lick fingers :)

P5030378.jpg

And now to the sad part of this post....

This is the bird I named "Baby"

P5030394.jpg

Do you notice what is in his cage?....nothing....that’s what is in his cage. :( This cockatoo had NOTHING in his cage...

No perch...

No toys...

No friend...

Nothing :(

When we went into the "Bird Barn" it smelled SOOOOO BAD! It wasseriously one of the WORST smells I have ever smelled! Why we went inI'll never know!

There had to have been 300 birds in there, ranging from a cage full offinches to cages full of Macaws! But then I saw this cage that hadnothing in it except this lone Sulfur crested cockatoo. All the otherbirds had friends and at least a perch! I went around looking for a zookeeper to see if maybe they were cleaning it or something, I found noone, I even looked around the building for some one! I couldn’t findany one within literally a half a mile, we were the only ones!

This is what he was like when we first saw him..

http://us.share.geocities.com/nyzoopictures/1.MOV

(2900 KB)

If you look at his tail feathers during the movie, you will notice thatthey are completely ruined because he has to sit on the bars all day..

Here is another movie to show what his cage is like..

(at the end of this movie he turned and said “heeeeeeeelllooo” *wish there was sound*)

http://us.share.geocities.com/nyzoopictures/2.MOV

(4800 KB)

And here is a picture of his cage (incase the movie didn’t work)

P5030393.jpg

He was one of the sweetest birds I have ever seen; I really don't understand why this bird was all alone…

His food dish was COVERED in flies, the only thing that was clean inthere was his water dish (I was VERY shocked to find it clean)

His predicament really frustrated me to the point where I was crying!And I never cry! I must have spent 45 minutes just scratched thislittle guy’s head, I really miss him.

P5030385.jpg

P5030384.jpg

My mom and I are going to be writing the zoo a letter, and it wont be a very happy letter either.

Thanks for listening to me rant :)

~Amy

Beautiful pictures, Amy!

I wish you could adopt that bird. How very sad to hear that story. It's heartbreaking. :(

-Carolyn

Amy, I would mention in the letter that you runa bird rescue and would be willing to take the bird and house it inmore asuitable environment.

Amy : Hon when youwrite that letter include a copy of thevideo and a copy ofthe pictures !!! it will go a LONGER wayto convince them to fix thispoor birds situation , I hearyou Hon my heart wentout to the poor bird ,I have always wanted a cockatoo, they are beautifull and intelegent birds, and dont deserve that typeof treatemnt , Also you can adda petition to hte letter forbetter treatment , and Livingconditions , I will be the firstto sign that ! Alsobee cheely andask is there anywaypossable you could adopt thatbird , Keep you letter to thefacts , dont go off on a tangentand dont get nasty ,they will disregard you asa trouble makeer if youget nasty and threateningwith them, If you dont get areply back from them in 7 to10 days follow up anotherletter stating you would liketo hear of anyupgrades of itsliving conditions , If then you hearnothing back call theASPCA and report them .

Amy I am such a ditz ,How did Mr Nim makeout with the vet ,??/ is he better yet?? and how is little Brogan ?

gypsy wrote:
Amy : Hon when you write that letter include a copy of the videoand a copy of the pictures !!! it will go a LONGER way to convince themto fix this poor birds situation , I hear you Hon my heart went out tothe poor bird , I have always wanted a cockatoo , they are beautifulland intelegent birds , and dont deserve that type of treatemnt , Alsoyou can add a petition to hte letter for better treatment , and Livingconditions , I will be the first to sign that ! Also bee cheely and askis there anyway possable you could adopt that bird , Keep you letter tothe facts , dont go off on a tangent and dont get nasty , they willdisregard you as a trouble makeer if you get nasty and threatening withthem, If you dont get a reply back from them in 7 to 10 days follow upanother letter stating you would like to hear of any upgrades of itsliving conditions , If then you hear nothing back call the ASPCA andreport them .

Wow Gypsy and Jenniblu, Thanks for all the tips.

I will definitely do everything you both said to do! :)

My mom also said that if there is any way that we can adopt him we will :D

Most of the birds in that house were in the same condition as he was,but they all had friends and perches. Their food was on the floor, andthere were TONS of droppings on the walls, and it smelled in there likenothing I have ever smelled, and the worst was there was NO ONE aroundthere to take care of them. Ya know usually they have a zoo keeper inthere so you can ask questions and such, no such person.

I am a little worried about the letter sounding dumb so when we write it would you guys mind critiquing it?

~Amy

P.S.

If you have any suggestions for the letter I would be more then pleased to hear them :)

Amy, you are so kind and loving to allcreatures. I hope they either let you have the bird orimprove its conditions. You know, I've never evenexperiencedbad smelling birds/bird cages except for poorlykept chickens. How that place can have smelly cages and stillput the animals on display is beyond me.

Well they werent really on display...:?

When we walked into the "Bird Garden" there were cages everywhere, butnone were filled :? We were trying to find the cafteria but we stumbledupon this big pink building which had a 10 by 10 inch sign that said"Bird Barn". It was open, so we walked in, I'm still not sure if wewere supposed to be in there :shock: but I am glad we did.

Here are some of the other birds. I am kinda kicking myself that I didnt get pictures of the other birds cages.

100_0455.jpg

100_0453.jpg

100_0452.jpg

~Amy

P.S. There was also a cage that was the same size as the cockatoo's cage that had atleast 30 guniea pigs in it :X

Back