Ahhohh No!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry it took me so long to get this, I have been lazy. The pic isn't the best either but it will do.

So here is Autumn next to her rapist, Sippi.

100_2940.jpg

She is sorta the same size but there is still a difference, so does anyone think she will be fine having the kits?

It would be great if you could get an aerial pic too, in this picture he does look quite a bit bigger then her though, length wise and height wise. I'd defiantly keep a very close eye on her and if possible, get up during the nights close to her due date to check on her.

irishbunny wrote:
It would be great if you could get an aerial pic too, in this picture he does look quite a bit bigger then her though, length wise and height wise. I'd defiantly keep a very close eye on her and if possible, get up during the nights close to her due date to check on her.

I can't get up during the nights to check on her because I have school. Plus I am not going out into the backyard in the middle of the night. I can get another pic of them tonight maybe, I don't want to disturb her much though since she is due in only like 5 days.

I will be lucky if I can stay home on Thursday to keep an eye on her.

I guess if you check on her before you go to bed at night and before school it would be better then nothing, and of course when she has kits have a look at her back end to see if anything is wrong there and if she doesn't get back to her normal self right after the kits are born then you know something is up, since they snap back pretty quickly. Has she shown many signs of pregnancy? Has she got lose fur or anything?

irishbunny wrote:
I guess if you check on her before you go to bed at night and before school it would be better then nothing, and of course when she has kits have a look at her back end to see if anything is wrong there and if she doesn't get back to her normal self right after the kits are born then you know something is up, since they snap back pretty quickly. Has she shown many signs of pregnancy? Has she got lose fur or anything?

Not all does have loose fur, but she has been laying down a lot, like she did with her previous pregnancies.

She's also nasty, and b*tchy, like she was with her previous pregnancies, as well.

Emily

Sounds like she is then, I know Princess and alot of the does at the breeders I help out at get loose fur but I guess like with humans their all different :pGrumpiness is a big sign, like 90% of the does I work with get like that. Good luck!

Haha I know thier El crosses hehe.

Agh, how much would shipping be (i ask nervously >.>)

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
I really have no clue, Ali :?I'm thinking $100+ but I've never shipped a rabbit before.

Emily
Through Frontier airlines in cargo it is $112 if the animal and the carrier is under 9lbs. If the animal and carrier is 9lbs or over, then it is somewhere around $200. You'd need an airline safe carrier. You also don't need a health certificate from a vet.

That was all as of last year, their prices and policies may have changed.

undergunfire wrote:
I really have no clue, Ali :?I'm thinking $100+ but I've never shipped a rabbit before.

Emily
Through Frontier airlines in cargo it is $112 if the animal and the carrier is under 9lbs. If the animal and carrier is 9lbs or over, then it is somewhere around $200. You'd need an airline safe carrier. You also don't need a health certificate from a vet.

That was all as of last year, their prices and policies may have changed.

Thank you Amy! That actually doesn't sound really bad. :D

On my website it states that we don't ship, but, Ali, if you truly do want one of their babies, I'd be willing to ship one too you. If it all goes well, then I may allow shipping for our rabbitry :)

Emily

We just got back in from feeding the bunners and I had looked in Autumn's cage to see if she needed poop scooped. And boy was there a surprise!

In her back left corner she had a nest!! Full of fur and some hay! So we gave her her nestbox and put her lovely nest in it! She seemed happy to have the box finally! She is prepared to have babies!!

I was thinking she might even have them early, how common is that in rabbits? Does anyone know?

ETA: I am not going to be able to get any more pics of her and Sippi because I don't want to touch her, plus she is very close to her due date! 4 Days!! So please tell me what you think about the one I have already posted!

Just letting everyone know, 3 days, until Autumn has her kits...not counting today since it's almost over ;) :)

Wish her a fast, easy, and safe delivery and the kits well.

:pray:

Thought I'd update on Sage too. I palpated her today, and I think I felt a baby! Not totally sure though. We're just hoping she is pregnant. She's 9 months old...so if she isn't pregnant, is it alright to re-bred her again? I didn't think it was and want to know. I'm beginning to think that either she or Ray is sterile...:( Maybe I should breed Bruce to her? He's a Chinchilla - is that alright?

Emily

Oh wow, you guys have a very busy rabbitry don't you this year? Hehe. :)

Well first off, I hope that Autumn has an easy birth, and the kits all survive.. Because her due date is in 2 days! :shock:

And I also hope that Sage is preggo, and then you'll have some Mini Rex babies around soon! I really hope that she or Rayarent sterile, because that means.. No babies! :(Well the only way really to find out is to breed Sage again with another buck. Which would be bad news either way.. Either Sage is sterile, or Ray is sterile..

And last but not least Minnie. Your breeding her on the 12th right? That's my birthday!! :DI feel so lucky to have a breeding session on my birthday. Haha, I'm kidding. But hopefully their breeding will be fine, and that Minnie will get preggo.

Karlee

FallingStar wrote:
Oh wow, you guys have a very busy rabbitry don't you this year? Hehe. :)

Well first off, I hope that Autumn has an easy birth, and the kits all survive.. Because her due date is in 2 days! :shock:

And I also hope that Sage is preggo, and then you'll have some Mini Rex babies around soon! I really hope that she or Rayarent sterile, because that means.. No babies! :(Well the only way really to find out is to breed Sage again with another buck. Which would be bad news either way.. Either Sage is sterile, or Ray is sterile..

And last but not least Minnie. Your breeding her on the 12th right? That's my birthday!! :DI feel so lucky to have a breeding session on my birthday. Haha, I'm kidding. But hopefully their breeding will be fine, and that Minnie will get preggo.

Karlee
Lol at your birthday thing Kar.

I hope that sterile thing is wrong.

Thanks for the well wishes for Autumn. I hope she has a safe delivery to and that the babies are too big and that they are all healthy. It is amazing how fast that month went!

Thought I'd update on Sage too. I palpated her today, and I think I felt a baby! Not totally sure though. We're just hoping she is pregnant. She's 9 months old...so if she isn't pregnant, is it alright to re-bred her again? I didn't think it was and want to know. I'm beginning to think that either she or Ray is sterile...:( Maybe I should breed Bruce to her? He's a Chinchilla - is that alright?

Emily
Emily - refresh my memory on Sage...what breed is she? What color?

You say "he is a chinchilla" - do you mean in coloring - or in the chinchilla breed (isn't there a chinchilla breed of rabbit? I forget..duh!)

I was thinking Sage was Netherland Dwarf - in which case I'd probably try to breed her again a couple more times to make sure she's had babies before she's a year old if you're going to use her for breeding. But honestly - Polly is more of an expert on Nethies. I'll put it this way - if she was a lionhead - I'd be breeding her every month for the next two to three months until she 'took'....just to get that first litter in ASAP. I think it would help if we could see a picture of her and make sure she's not overweight, etc.

As far as Ray...isn't he the baby y'all had there? I'm asking because - and this is going to sound stupid I know - but I've had some bucks that I swear won't get a doe pregnant until they're about a year old. Its like they have to mature or something and they just "shoot blanks" as I've been told. They mate...they just don't do anything.

My buck Recharged was like that - I bred him and bred him and bred him from the time he was like 6 months old till he was a year old. He'd mount and fall off...but no babies.

I was frustrated and I mentioned this to his original breeder (a well known lionhead breeder) and she stated that some bucks just need a bit more time to mature. Sure enough...I tried him again when he was about a year old...and I had babies.

Then again - I had an 8 1/2 week old buck get his mama pregnant - so I guess they can breed early or breed late. It was in one of my first litters and I left the babies in with mama till they were almost 9 weeks old. About 28 days after removing the litter (3 does and 1 boy)....mama had another litter. She was not caged near a buck and had not been exposed to a buck in any way - other than her son. I mean - she was like 3 cages away from any bucks and I was the only one who handled them....

My point? From my experience - I now never count on a buck to be sterile - or non-sterile based on age or anything else.

Maybe you could breed her to someone else's buck if you paid some stud fees? That might be an option to consider too.....

Good luck - I know you're wanting babies from her!

Totally agree with Peg, Fluffy was only meant to be shooting blanks when I first go him and Rosy so stupidly we kept them together, few months later we had babies......So I wouldn't count on the sterile thing. I can't wait for baby pictures tho!

Latest posts

Back