Ahhohh No!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pamnock wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
On the litter fact, she has had four litters before, so it's not like she's never been bred before. She is on the chunky side, hence why she has been on a diet; she'll continue to be on this diet if she's pregnant, so the kits dont grow to big.

Emily

I would give her the normal ration for a pregnant doe. Since you mentioned that the 2 rabbits are close in size, the kits growing too large is not an issue.

Pam
We have slightly increased her pellets and we are going to increase them a bit more, we just dont' want to increase them too much in case she isn't pregnant because then she will be hard to lose the weight and all.

She is pretty close in size, I will take a pic tomorrow of her next to Sippi so you all can get an idea of how close in size and all.

pamnock wrote:
On the litter fact, she has had four litters before, so it's not like she's never been bred before. She is on the chunky side, hence why she has been on a diet; she'll continue to be on this diet if she's pregnant, so the kits dont grow to big.

Emily

I would give her the normal ration for a pregnant doe. Since you mentioned that the 2 rabbits are close in size, the kits growing too large is not an issue.

Pam

They're close in size, but he's still bigger than she is, at least in body weightHe's about 5 lbs. heavier than she is.

Still feeding her 1/3 a cup of feed daily. Half in the morning, half at night.

Sorry I haven't gotten the pic. I will today as the cages are in need of cleaning. So i will get a pic of Autumn and Sippi next to each other.

irishbunny wrote:
When she due?

Yup, she is due on January 8th.

Only a week from this Thursday....crazy how fast it went. She's definitley acting pregnant - stretching out like she did with her previous pregnancies, and being grumpy and all.

I palpated Sage today....couldn't tell if what I was feeling was babies, but she feels heavy in the lower abdomen, and she didn't last time I palpated her and during the 1st breeding. So I think she is pregnant, but we'll have to find out. She's due on Jan. 14th. We have to go get another nestbox. :)

Emily

Another thing that might help you see if their pregnant or not is a couple days before they are due to kindle, is see if their fur is easy to pull out, that is if the hormones don't cause them to snap your fingers off :pMe and Princess are pretty close and we groom eachother lol, where I groom her and she licks my hands and pants, and under her neck, where a bigger rabbits dewlap would be, there was a very obvious difference in how loose her fur was. I mean I could easily pull outa little bundle in seconds. So you could try that if they let you lol :)

Well hopefully Autumn has a safe and easy birth.. But what are you going to do with her babies, since they are going to be mixes and all?

And I hope that Sage is preggo, and has wonderful babies! and a safe and easy birth as well. :)

Karlee

FallingStar wrote:
Well hopefully Autumn has a safe and easy birth.. But what are you going to do with her babies, since they are going to be mixes and all?

And I hope that Sage is preggo, and has wonderful babies! and a safe and easy birth as well. :)

Karlee
Well, we'll sell her babies to good pet homes. We'll have to start putting up ads for them 2 weeks before they're ready to go so that we can have homes lined up for them when they're ready.

Emily

FallingStar wrote:

Karlee
Well, we'll sell her babies to good pet homes. We'll have to start putting up ads for them 2 weeks before they're ready to go so that we can have homes lined up for them when they're ready.

Emily
Ohh, that sounds good. :)Hopefully the people won't use them for meat or fur. But I know you'll check into that and all.

Karlee

I'm sure if you talk to the people who are adopting the babies you'll be able to pick out the serious pet owners to the ones that would use then for something like that. Also don't give them to people who are giving them to, like, their5 year old. I'd prefer the meat and fur people to that. :)

irishbunny wrote:
I'm sure if you talk to the people who are adopting the babies you'll be able to pick out the serious pet owners to the ones that would use then for something like that. Also don't give them to people who are giving them to, like, their5 year old. I'd prefer the meat and fur people to that. :)

:shock:Uhm wow. That's sad. You would rather your bunny went to a home for fur/meat than going to a 5-year old? I'd rather the 5-year old, although I'd never let that happen in any case.

I will definitley talk to the pet owners and tell them how big the babies can get, and know who good families will be. I just hope that it will be easy to get them homes:?

Emily

irishbunny wrote:

:shock:Uhm wow. That's sad. You would rather your bunny went to a home for fur/meat than going to a 5-year old? I'd rather the 5-year old, although I'd never let that happen in any case.

I will definitley talk to the pet owners and tell them how big the babies can get, and know who good families will be. I just hope that it will be easy to get them homes:?

Emily
Errr, I was joking you know :?

irishbunny wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

Emily
It can be horrendous being the pet of a five year old (My Raylann was) But at least there is always the chance someone may come along and rescue the bunny

irishbunny wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

Emily

Alright, well it didn't sound like you were joking. ;)

Emily

Awwww! <3 Well if she did have babies....I'd take one! (if you could find out how to get them to CA XP) hehe, I love ELs <3

Latest posts

Back