ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's SO cute! You are making me want to get a lionhead. Really badly.
Jj

JjGoesBounce wrote:
He's SO cute! You are making me want to get a lionhead. Really badly.
Jj

I know, isn't he adorable. But what would Pembrooke think? Hey maybe Pembrooke would like a bunny buddy. And Pembrooke could have a Lion head as a buddy. Never know.

Thanks, he's been such a pleasure having around the house. So sweet and inquisitive. It's messy to have a baby in the house, but he's worth it. They do grow up.

K :)

I saw on one of the intro's you're getting a Luna? Really!

Oh sheesh I want another bunny, but it just won't work..
;(

Hope Neville is well, give Dobby a hug from me!
Jj

JjGoesBounce wrote:

;(

Jj

What is a Luna??

JjGoesBounce wrote:

;(

Jj
Dobby says thanks for the Hug! :hugsquish:

janedoe wrote:
JjGoesBounce wrote:

;(

Jj

What is a Luna??

Luna is the name we have picked out for our DM Lion Head Doe. She was born on 1/29. Just got word she's doing great!

LakeCondo wrote:
What is her coloring, Karen?
Otter. Gives us a larger Chocolate possibilities when bred to Neville.

This is our first go in breeding. You are at the ground floor and I will make sure to share the journey with all. It's more fun that way.

Oh lucky!
Jj

JjGoesBounce wrote:
Oh lucky!
Jj
Thanks Jj. We are really looking forward to starting our breeding program.

Have to truly thank Dobby, Kreacher and Willard for helping us learn about bunnies.

Neville and Luna will teach us about babies.

Time for an update of the ZRabbits

Neville is doing just fine. He's now weaned off of the breeder's water and is loving ours. We have an reverse osmosis system in our home. Our water was just so bad with just too much chlorine to hide the other nasty stuff in it that it would actually burn our skin, so we had to put a system in to clean our clean drinking water. Go figure right.

Kreacher, Dobby and Willard are very aware that Neville is here. We are going through the same growing pains when Willard came. It will just take a little more time for them to calm down knowing there's another bunny here. And we will go through all this again when Luna gets here. And it's a little easier with Kreacher this time. He's getting older, actually will be 10 months old on Saturday. Can see the maturity setting in. He's not as upset when smelling other rabbits like was before when he grabbed me after smelling Willard on me. "Mr. Attitude" is growing up. I might still be able to introduce him to Dobby and Willard but will take it slow with this one. Dobby, also 10 months on Saturday, is also showing maturity. Not as skittish and upset now being picked up. I still get the grumble but Dobby is realizing that it's not a bad thing to be picked up.

Getting excited to get Luna home. Got to see the tiny babies when we were there picking up Neville. So sweet. I'm still looking for another doe though. My plan is to have Neville and two does. We found our Luna but I'm still looking for that second doe. I'm not worried about getting her right away, but I would love to find one that will compliment both Neville and Luna. Will keep searching. I found my Neville and Luna, which is a GREAT start, just have to find the other. And think of a name. Molly, Ginny, we already had a Herminone. Well, there's time to find a name. Will have to peruse Harry Potter again. I thinks it time to read the series again.

Bunnies are doing very well. Jake is doing well watching the bunnies. All is right in the ZRabbit World.

Hope all have a Great Day!

K:)

Wow Karen!
He's absolutely GORGEOUS!
i wish we had Lionheads in Australia... it's really so unfair
he makes me want one all that much more :(

I wouldn't suppose you could fly him over here and let me
have him instead? :)

Bonnie Lee wrote:
Wow Karen!
He's absolutely GORGEOUS!
i wish we had Lionheads in Australia... it's really so unfair
he makes me want one all that much more :(

I wouldn't suppose you could fly him over here and let me
have him instead? :)
Nah, sorry. As much as I want Australia to have awesome Lion Head, Neville will be staying here in the colonies. We need a special bunny like Neville to help get the Lion Head recognized. Seems some in ARBA and 4-H think they aren't really bunnies.

Not sure and not pointing fingers, but I feel there is a strong possibility that the Lion Head was not represented properly. Time to do my research. Why should this awesome breed be ignored?

Boy what I've been reading and uncovered, I guess now all the bunny organizations and members will galantly attempt to attack me. Why you ask? Because I've been down the road dealing with dirty politics before, and nepotism, or others who look down on others.

Really shameful that this Awesome breed is not even given a chance. A true Lion Head does not grow into his Real Form until one year old (12-13 months) and even Lion Head breeders are turning their nose up to certain types of Lion Heads.

See all this only leads me to be more interested. That even on the inside there are people throwing the monkey wrench into this breeds accomplishments.

No is no reason to turn any bunny away. There are standards to a Lion Head but it's being completely picked over because of certain input.

How can you say my bunny, who has lots of wool on his face is ugly? Yep, even lion head breeders call these DM ugly and that we just have to deal with this type of bunny until he grows up. Amazing, but yet, the shows have age catagories and no open. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm looking into things. And regarding dirty politics, unfortunately I live in Camden County, New Jersey, the hub of dirty politics, corruption, nepotism and just outright lies. So I'm well prepared because dealing and exposing dirty politics is basically a norm where I live.

So don't fret Lion Heads and their breeders and people who love them. You have to understand though, together we win, divided we fail. And right now, its very divided.

TIME TO GET TOGETHER!

ZRabbits wrote:
... And regarding dirty politics, unfortunately I live in Camden County, New Jersey, the hub of dirty politics, corruption, nepotism and just outright lies. So I'm well prepared because dealing and exposing dirty politics is basically a norm where I live.
Cook County, Illinois [Chicago] is a contender for this dubious honor. The current board president [my former alderman] is reforming things, though. Her predecessor was the son of his predecessor. Dad had a stroke & was in a coma when he was reelected, so the other board members chose his son as his replacement. He was so bad that he got only 5% of the vote in the next election. THEN he tried to get a pension from his "service." People who aren't reelected to such offices don't get a pension!!!

Well Neville has christened my Husband. Last night, Neville peed on my husband.
All our bunnies have christened both of us that way. Just once which is weird.
Kreacher and Dobby christened me. Willard and Neville have christened my husband.

Amazing, between pee and poop, they are marking professionals. lol

Work today, only half a day. But once I get back home, time to play with my bunnies!

All are doing well.

Latest posts

Back