Wondering about Luna & Patrick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bloggin' updates are awesome to view and read. :love: Periscopes are absolute smilemakers.

Time to bring my babies up to the top of the thread again. I have been so busy updating Katie's blog, that it is getting time to let everyone know how the Dutchies are doing. Patch and Luna are doing okay for the past eight weeks since their last vet visit. They have another appointment this week Thursday which is none to soon for Patrick. Once again he is not eating his greens, but still seemsperky. I am not sure what he is living on other than blueberries and maybe a few pellets (I caught him eating pellets today--at least it is something). I am not sure if he has dental issues such as losing more teeth or if his ear is really bothering him. He seems to be fussing with his left ear enough to make me worry about the little guy. After reading about wry neck, I don't want anything to get that far if it truely is his ear that is bothering him.

Luna on the other hand has been just fine. I don't know what to do with that girl when we are outside for playtime. I think she likes being outside, but won't play--no hopping, no digging, ect. Poor little thing, sometimes I just have to scoop her up and cuddle her. Then when I put her back down, she just sits by me. Very sweet, but she really does need to play. I have some great pics of them outside, but will have to post them later in the week because it is getting late and there is always more cleaning to be done.

myheart

Glad to hear the buns are doing well! As for Patrick, have you tried mixing some oats in with his pellets? Does he eat hay regularly?

My bunnies are a lot like Luna, they dont like to play when they go outside. My Basil literally sits with his front paws in my lap. Im not sure if hes scared or what but he doesnt leave my side. Some bunnies just seem to enjoy it more than others..

Haley wrote:
Glad to hear the buns are doing well! As for Patrick, have you tried mixing some oats in with his pellets? Does he eat hay regularly?
Haley, I have tried oat, which he absolutely loves, but his poops seem to get smaller. I know I read in some one's post about using oats when poo's are mushy to firm them up. Patch does like hay, but not knowing the root cause of his not eating greens always bothers me. I even bought some Oxbow hay because I knew it wouldn't be as course and much smaller leaves for him to eat. Not sure if he ate any, but he sure did make a mess. :?

We just had another vet visit yesterday and the news is the same, more dentals for both Patch and Luna. Patch has one tooth that looks particularly long, and Luna is ready for a dental all the way around. So I guess I should just prepare myself for his change in behavior as needing a little dental work. I get so worried that he is not eating enough, but how can he if his teeth are not lining up to do their work? Poor little guy!!!

I don't know how many of you saw the picture of Katie, my foster bun, with the flower on her head... Naturestee was kind enough to give me some beautiful edible flowers for the kids, with the promise that I took pictures of them each wearing a flower. So here are Patrick and Luna sporting their flowers:

P7121137-1.jpg

P7121138-1.jpg

The kids say, "Thanks Naturestee (and foster mom) for the beautiful tasty flowers!!!" They were a favorite although I almost hated to give them as a snack because I have never seen flowers so brilliant!!!:biggrin2:

Will have to post the rest of the pictures tomorrow. Getting late and I was up with Patrick some of the night last night battling a gassy tummy. Poor little tyke has it so rough....

myheart

So I decided now is a good time to post a few pictures that I took of Patch and Luna a week ago. I love to take the pictures and post them, but getting them loaded to photobucket just bogs me down.

I think I am going to have to do this in two posts, one for Patrick and one for Luna. Too many pictures for one post and that way Iwill be able to tell you more of how each one is doing.

So here are Patrick's pictures first. He is really starting to dig the outdoor thing... literally...

Here is Patrick telling Luna that it is time to get busy.

P8020336-1.jpg

Luna said she didn't feel like messing around because she might get dirty. So Patrick said, "Okay, I'll go it alone."

P8020340-1.jpg

A little warm up is good....

P8020341-1.jpg

Where to begin my destructive activities...?

P8020346-1.jpg

Patrick hard at work!!!:? (Notice no Luna to help in the fun...)

P8020359-1.jpg

Patrick enjoying the fruits of his labor... (Notice the very dirty nose :p)

P8020363-1.jpg

He did manage to do a flip around while making his divot deeper and cooler.

P8020357-1.jpg

Patrick checking the wind with his dirty nose.

P8020370-1.jpg

Wind must have been right, because it is time to move on and allow the world to see the "Aftermath of Storm Patrick."

P8020372-1.jpg

Not bad for one hour's worth of work with rest times in between. :?I just can't get over how much he likes it outside now. When he was younger, he hated the outside. Always thumping and on alert. Now he sets himself to digging and eating grass roots. Divot-building is so much fun!!!!!:biggrin2:

myheart

Now Luna-Belle's pictures...

As I said, she is not much of the outdoors type of girl. She usually hangs by the exercise pen and not enjoying the sport of hopping like the wild-child she really is. (Some times I tend to think she didn't get the memo on hopping and digging outside being good :?) So some times I pick her up to put her in the middle of the pen to make her take a few steps, or just to get her away from Patrick feeling extra frisky and wanting to HUG on her all of the time. What is it with those guys and the outdoors... :?:shock:A mystery to be solved...

So on this day I had picked Luna up to get her away from Patrick's being extra huggie. I put her down next to me after I noticed Patrick became busy with his divot-building. She stayed right there where I put her down... :?:pIn fact, I think she sat there for the duration of outdoor play-time. I think I need to get some information on "How to get your rabbit to move two or three steps." Many times I do put my knees up for her to sit underneath them to feel more secure when we are outside. Kind of like a little bunny-fort.

Here is my little girl, Luna, hanging out with her momma.... (Please no comments about my legs being as hairy as Luna's... thanx...)

P8020350-1.jpg

Oops, I forgot... She did move a bit to face a different direction...

P8020352-1.jpg

My most favorite picture because it almost looks like she is smiling :DJust look at that little mouth :p**smooch**

P8020353-1.jpg

Other side...

P8020354-1.jpg

And the butt....

P8020355-1.jpg

She is a different sort of girly... I am just not sure what to make of her some days.

So on this day that I was taking all of these picturesshe sat tight next to me. I had her out a day or two ago, and she was really busy checking things out, like she was actually enjoying herself. Then last night she sat tight again. I finally had to pick her up because Patrick was laying to much lovin' on her and I couldn't stand to watch it happen any longer. So I scooped her up and sat her on my lap. That was okay for a bit until she started to nip, which is very unusual for her because she never nips. So I let her down, Patrick came back with more lovin' for her and she wanted up again. So I left her climb onto my lap with my legs out instead of crossed as they were before. That suited her best...:DIt was a learning experience for all: Luna doesn't like to be on my lapwhen my legs are crossedwhile my entire attention is devoted to reading. I wonder if Katie has been telling Luna about some of her little diva tricks? :?

How long have some of you waited for the "perfect" picture of your bunny(ies)? Hours, days, weeks...? I know I have some great pictures of Patrick and Luna, but these pictures I am about to post are the ones I have beenwaiting for since Luna's arrival in my home. This was one of Luna's good days to be outside and Patrick was being loving, but not too frisky and "huggie". I am so proud of these pictures that I have already printed up a few for frames I picked up months ago. One of those moments when you know you have the shot and wish the moments would last forever...

P8120390-1.jpg

P8120395-1.jpg

P8120397-1.jpg

P8120400-1.jpg

P8120402-1.jpg

P8120403-1.jpg

P8120407-1.jpg

P8120409-1.jpg

P8120412-1.jpg

I do hope you all agree with me that these pictures are "the ones." I was about to say that the first five are my favorites, but I truly can't because they are all precious to me. These pictures finally show Patrick as a sensitive yet protective hus-bun who really loves his girl. Just posting these pictures makes me realize how lucky I am to be their mom. I could have easily missed out on the opportunity to have them bothin in my life. Makes me cry to even try to imagine my life without them...

We are all blessed.

myheart

Enjoying the blog, plus you have writer-esque skills to elicit grins. :D

Definitely great Patrick protector snapshots. Love the grumpy look from Luna!

Perfection! I just cant get enough of these two. You and I have the two most beautiful dutch pairs in the whole world. Can you imagine if we had them all together? Not only would they be the cutest 4 dutch- but also quite possibly the laziest as well :)

I love this one, Patrick looks so protective of his lady:

P8120402-1.jpg

Haley wrote:
Perfection! I just cant get enough of these two. You and I have the two most beautiful dutch pairs in the whole world. Can you imagine if we had them all together? Not only would they be the cutest 4 dutch- but also quite possibly the laziest as well :)
Thanks Haley. Honestly, if we were to get all four dutch buns together, one of us would be leaving the party without any bunnies at all. :pDon't forget your bunnies are on my growing bunny-nabbing list along withLucy, Mr. Tumnus, Nigel, andBiggie Max. We will have to figure out a way to settle who gets all of the bunnies.... can't be thumb-wrestling, I know I would lose. Any suggestions...?

I am going to start my making my list with little check-boxes next to the bunnynames so I will remember who I have nabbed and who is waiting to come visit me. I am still waiting for another call from Billy to let me know when he wants to visit...

myheart

This has been going on for a bit, but I am not too sure of Patrick's new hang-out place.... :?He usually sits under the table, but not under the curtain. Not sure if I should be concerned that this is his new "I'm sick" place to sit. I don't think so, but one never knows when it comes to bunnies making changes on their own...

So now I get treated to bunny-butt sticking out from under the curtain. :pMaybe the curtain is his new "invisibility cloak"...:?

P8150414-1.jpg

P8170442-1.jpg

Any thoughts...?

myheart

Yippeeee!!!! More outdoor pics of the kids!!!!:biggrin2::p

I will have to do this in two posts. I think I will make this the "couples" post. I missed the one picture I really wanted because I didn't take my camera out one day. Patch and Luna were laying side-by-side and cheek-to-cheek one day when we were out. It would have been a pic of two white noses, a set of tortie ears, and a set of blue ears. I will have to wait for another day when they are feeling cuddly....

All of these pics still give me big smiles when I see them and I hope they do the same for you. :biggrin2:

Butt-to-butt Dutchies...

P8290555-1.jpg

Luna whispering sweet nothings to Patrick....

P8290557-1.jpg

Luna looking so cute.... Look at that little mouth...:p

P8290561-1.jpg

Luna saying, "I'm so tired..." (She is actually resting her head on Patrick's shoulder!!!:p)

P8290564-1.jpg

Woo-wooo!!! The Dutch train... Makes me wish I had five more Dutch to see if they would sit in a line--one of every color would do. :D

P8290566-1.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the couple's photos. Some times they really surprise me with the things they do and other times I just have to say, "Awe...." and be impressed with their bonded-love.

myheart

I just have a few other pictures to post of the two doing their own things.

Individual pictures.... (so special because they sat so nice :D)

P8290572-1.jpg

P8290573-1.jpg

Patrick starting a new divot...:?

P8290556-1.jpg

Luna saying, "Hey....!!!!! You're too close!!!"

P8290544-1.jpg

Luna is starting to do the cutest things outside. She has started to sitfacing me, place her little front paws on me, then walk her little paws toward my shoulder like a little kid saying, "Pick me up, mama!" So, how can I resist scooping her up and cuddling her for a few minutes while Patrick runs around looking for her. That is the only time I get to cuddle my little girl--at least I get to be her "security blanket" and I get the thrill of snuggling my baby girl. :D:p

Time to get the kids out for a bit this evening. I think it's cool enough now...

myheart

Thank you so much Haley and Heather. They are a match made in Heaven.:pI have no other way to describe their bond, other than they were meant to be... :D

myheart

Back