Wondering about Luna & Patrick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myheart

Reaction score
Angela had told me that a few of you would be interested to know how Patrick and Luna (Angela's foster bun) are getting along. They are doing well -- Patrick is taking on a more protective role and Luna has been busy exploring her surroundings.

Patrick was so cute that first night, Saturday, because he wanted Luna to follow him and hang out in his favorite places. He hopped up to Luna's box and then started toward the door to go out of the bunny room while looking over his shoulder to see if she was following. When he realized she wasn't, he went back to her and hung out by her box. Poor thing, he just doesn't understand that she needs the time to adjust to the household before she gets full run of the house. :ponder:

Luna is starting to get used to the noises of the house and also my boy cat. He is the only one whocan jump the baby gate and just wants attention from me. So I sit and pet both Patrick and the cat together to let Luna see that he isn't a threat and that Patrick is comfortable with the cat around. If I stop petting Patrick, he runs over to Luna and plays a protector role to make sure the cat understands that he is in charge. So brave....!!!

I took a picture earlier today to post, but didn't realize I would need an on-line site to host pictures. The picture is of Patch and Luna taking their early afternoon nap (vs. late morning nap which is altogether different)together in Luna's box. They spend a lot of time bouncing between boxes and eating each other's foods. I can't wait to let Luna have full run of the house. She had done a few binkies already, but I can't wait to see the racing and running binkies.

%3Ca%20href=
P1220784-1-1.jpg

Also had a couple of side-notes... I just wanted to let Pipp know that I saw Hoppkins' picture in her post about why to adopt a rescue rabbit. I actually e-mailed to find out more information on him from his petfinder posting. I fell in love with him the moment I saw his pictures. I was informed that he was already adopted. I was sad I never would have the chance to hold him, but happy he had found a great home.

Wabbitdad, I read some of your bunny-blogs and wish so much to see your big beautiful bunnies. I have already told Angela that having a pair of Flemish Giants would be my dream bunny-bond. I love Patrick and Luna dearly, but having a bunny that has weight and heft to hold and hug would make me so happy. I hope I will have a pair of Giants some day many years out....

I hope to get more picturesto post as Luna and Patrick learn more about each other. Having them out and about with the rest of the family will be the goal in the next week or two. So far, so good... I will have to take some credit for another great bunny-match -- Maggie and Benjamin, and now Patrick and Luna.:bunnyhug:

Hooray for the Luna and Patrick blog! :)
Janet, it's really cool to hear more notes on your romeo and juliet. I will log off and get some of the photos sent over from Saturday. Love the pic you JUST posted. Look forward to reading more,

Thank you so much for sharing this picture and telling us how they are doing. We hope to hear more stories and see more pictures.

Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for taking in Luna....I'm sure she's gonna be so happy to be there.

Peg

:bigtears:What have I done?!!!! Patrick doesn't want me anymore! He only has eyes for Luna!

I left him out of his box this morning and nothing... No happy circles around me to say good morning, no humming, no nothing. I've lost my little boy! Soon enough they will want to get married, move out, get a condo somewhere warm, adopt babies, and forget all about me!!! What am I going to do? I went through this with Maggie when I brought Benjamin home for her and I tried to reason that she would enjoy his company because he doted on her so much. Now it is my little Patrick. Do you think he will remember to send a card on Mother's Day?

MyHeart

Aww, just look at my sweet Luna girl! She looks so happy with her brave Patrick. Is she getting more calm about your boy kitty now? Patrick the Protector!

I know how you feel about Patrick, Mocha was the same way when I bonded her with Loki. But soon enough she remembered that she loved me too and was back to jumping all over me and snuggling for pets. Until I brought home more rabbits and she decided I was the enemy, LOL!

Mocha stopped circling me when she got spayed so I don't know if Patrick will keep that up or not. It does mean he's claiming you as his mate...

Awww Poor thing - your boy has a new love for now...... it's ok - he'll love you too but right now he's only got eyes for her. That's a good thing - he needs his girlfriend to be in the same species.

I'm so happy they are getting along!

It was just so cute how he would run the circles and hum for me. I guess I enjoyed being the center of his world. Another thing I will have to come to terms with...

Luna does not seem to be as afraid of the boy cat anymore. Patrick really does protect her. He runs to Luna to make sure she is okay, then takes a few steps toward the cat to make certain he doesn't come any closer.:zoro: I am glad to see he has that protective instinct. Next up is my white cat, and then the dog. I think that as long as she sees that Patrick is relaxed with all the other critters, she will relaxa bit also. Patrick really wants to take her into the rest of the house...he tried again today. I hope that soon they will be able to enjoy the warm afternoon sun in the living room together.

MyHeart

:woohooWe just had a break through!! I decided not to put the gate up tonight so that the cats could wander in as they pleased. They were so good about it.... Micah the boy cat was first as usual and he just sat by me getting petted--Luna has seen him before and he is not a threat anymore.

Grandma kitty, Gertrude, came in and Patrick thought he could approach her to scare her off. It only annoyed her and she pawed at him a bit and came over to me. Still not a threat.

Then it was Pearl's turn. She is my trouble-maker kitty. Patrick saw her winding up to practice pouncing and he made his move. He tucked Luna away behind his box and totally stood up to Pearl. That's my little man!!! So brave and strong!! :muscleman:

Next, we have to get over the dog-hurdle. Patrick won't be able to stand up to him as well so this will have to be a gradual acclimation. I think I need to wait until my guy leaves the house for work. He and the dog feed of each other as guy will usually do. When the guy is gone, it is difficult to think there is a dog in the house because he is quietly sleeping.

This weekend the running room will get expanded to include my bedroom. I can easily block that off from the living and dining rooms. I have to keep reminding myself that we have to take this one step at a time.

MyHeart, Patrick, and Luna

That's great! I love the little hero in Patrick! Saving his woman! :DThat's so adorable!

My cat likes my bunnies but he only plays with Bo. he will play hide and seek with him around the woodstove. They're a hoot.

Our dog is like yours (feeds off hubby) and I have always introduced her to the bunnies when he's not home. She loves them - and she annoys them sometimes cause she tries to mommy them! Tony LOVES her. It's so funny to see them all interact.

I know that it must feel a bit sad to know Patrick loves Luna so much but it's so good for you to give him his friend and so good for Luna! I like that he's wanting to "show her around" also. That's just hilarious!

I really enjoy hearing about their adventures and the visits from the kitties. Sounds like a great time!

Just thought I would post a new pic taken 4-21-08 of the two love-buns. They have beentaking very good care of each other and are getting to be an ol' married couple already.

Patrick has been doing a great job as her protector. Lately thecats have been hanging around the bunny-room as I get veggies and fresh water out. Luna was actually going to go to the bunny-room one evening, but the cats were there. So she ducked into my room to hide under the bed. As I was busy getting things ready for them, I noticed Patrick just sitting in the doorway to my room. Then it dawned on me that he was keeping a watch out for Luna's protection while she hid.

Lunahas been having fun exploring now that she knows when the cats do most of their sleeping. I think she is up to the point of trying to measure running distance from the bunny-room to bunny-playland. I hope I will get to see lots of running binkies soon. She has been rather reserved with that so far. Now that she is settling in, I hope to see some binkie action!

Anyhow, this is my favorite pic that I have taken lately:

%3Ca%20href=
P4210850-1.jpg

Kind of makes you wish you had someone fuzzy to rest your head on, doesn't it.

Best wishes to all with their beautiful buns,

myheart, Patrick, and Luna

Luna looks so happy! I know Patrick gets a bit, um, enthusiastic but it can't be that bad if they snuggle like that. What a gorgeous couple! I'm just thrilled with how this has worked out.

I forgot to email you back, but yes I'd love to see you and my baby girl (and Patrick too) if you have time after their appointment. Give me a call. That reminds me that I need to get Loki's teethrechecked too...

THAT is the most adorable photo ever! I showed it to one of my co-workers (also thought it was very cute) and she asked if anyone on this site had called "shenanigans" on you for your photo of the St. Bernard dressed up as a bunny - lol! Very cute..

Look how simply adorable they are together! Seeing the look of shear happiness is so heart-warming!

I am absolutely thrilled that Luna has found a loving home with you and her man!

I was going to use a bunny picture as my avatar, but I decided to use Slobbers' Halloween costume picture for a while. I wanted to add a little caption that said something like "Wishful Thinking" or "If only I could be a bunny..." but I couldn't get something on the picture that could be read on an avatar size picture.

I had to take the poor guy for a long walk to get him tired enough to tolerate the ears for the picture. This is a picture of what he really thought about the process....

%3Ca%20href=
P1010374.jpg

He is such a goof dressed in a big dog suit. He ended up losing the costume contest by only a vote or two :(. Poor guy puts up with so much stuff from me and still comes back for more :D.

myheart

I'm so happy that Luna has found a great home with somebunny to love! They make a great couple.:biggrin2:

TreasuredFriend asked for a few more picture of the love-buns. I have only taken a few since the last ones that turned out so nice. I usually have to wait for the sunny days because they seem to hang out in the open more often. Otherwise the sit cuddled up together behind the furniture where I can't get a good shot.

Taking a break after snack-time...

P4240864-1.jpg

Took this picture (below) this morning. I didn't get the picture I wanted because I moved an apple branch and they didn't settle back in exactly as they were before. This is still a cute picture...

P5080874-1.jpg

This picture made me laugh a bit because Luna has such a "disapproving rabbit" look to her face because I disturbed morning nap-time by moving the branch.

I think I just need to get brave about using my new camera. I bought a very nice SLR and can't bring myself to work with it. Maybe this weekend...

myheart

Luna and Patrick are such an adorable couple...they look so perfect together

This is just gorgeous...

P4220858.jpg

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back