Wondering about Luna & Patrick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myheart wrote:
I guess I was hoping that this thread would just kind of fall back enough pages and just kind of become forgotten.

myheart
It never will be forgotten, Janet :hug:

I often think of Luna - her loss really got to me. I have wondered how Patrick and Zappa were getting on - I'll look forward to hearing about them, but only when you feel ready.

BTW - my 2009 Rabbit Calendar from the UK has a Patrick look-alike for the December bunny :)

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
myheart wrote:
I guess I was hoping that this thread would just kind of fall back enough pages and just kind of become forgotten.

myheart
It never will be forgotten, Janet :hug:

I often think of Luna - her loss really got to me. I have wondered how Patrick and Zappa were getting on - I'll look forward to hearing about them, but only when you feel ready.

BTW - my 2009 Rabbit Calendar from the UK has a Patrick look-alike for the December bunny :)

Jan

Thank you Jan. I will certainly update soon with a newblog for 2010. I intend to leave all of the photos in my Photobucket account so this blog will stay intact just in case I want to go back through it someday.

Mr. December must be one handsomebunny!!! They always save the best for last! ;)

myheart

I am going to end Patrick and Luna's thread with a few pictures I took over the last month of Patrick being with me. He was such a good boy to his girls. I hope some of the pictures melt your hearts as much as they did mine.

Patrick with my cat, Sidney. Patrick was sunning himself one morning, and Sidney wanted a piece of the sunshine also. I think Sidney is very in-touch with my other fur-kids. She seems very sensitive to my needs as well as theirs. She also sat with Patrick for a while after he passed. It was very touching for me to see her do that with Callie sitting on the other side of him.

P7261871.jpg

Patrick relaxing...

P7091816.jpg

P7091815.jpg

Patrick hanging-out with Zappa. Zappa really spent quite a bit of time with Patrick during his last few months. I am so happy that I bonded such a nice trio with Patrick, Luna, and Zappa so Patrick would have some-bun to comfort him during his time of needing the comfort only a bond-mate could provide.

P7231858.jpg

P7231859.jpg

Patrick and Callie....

P6071768.jpg

P6071770-1.jpg

Patrick and his girls....

P6071777-1.jpg

P6071778-1.jpg

P6071779-1.jpg

P6071780-1.jpg

I am not sure, but I think Patrick was giving Zappa all of his love in next two pics. You are able to see that he really has his head/neck wrapped around her head. I am not sure if he was comforting her to let her know things would be okay, or if this was a gesture for something else. I saw him do this one other time to Zappa. It felt like he was trying to hold onto her with all of his might. Like he wasn't ready to leave, or like he wanted to say 'Good bye'.

P6071781-1.jpg

P6071783-1.jpg

I am so glad that many of you enjoyed Patrick and Luna as much as I enjoyed having them in my life. They were an amazing bond and will always be my heart. I will probably never have another bond like theirs for the rest of my life."i will always carry their hearts with me, i them in my heart"

The end....

P7241862-1.jpg

Dear myheart, every bunny is lucky to have the love you give ~ and the friendship of companions.
Those pics are amazing of Patrick covering his Zappa girl. So much emotion!
What joyous and bittersweet, heart-tugging memories. For every "baby" you care for and bring to your life, their world is a thousand times better. * Believe*

special hearts :hearts

TreasuredFriend wrote:
... What joyous and bittersweet, heart-tugging memories. ...
They really are. Just flying past my post/pics to read Naturestee's and your responses, I caught the last few pics of Patrick's head pressed so tightly around Zappa's head, and tears are starting to fall again. I know in my heart that he wasn't ready to leave us. His leaving has left a huge hole within all of us. Zappa and Callie are okay together, but there just isn't the same sort of bonded-closeness. I would have to find a most special boy if I ever wanted to make another trio. I have a feeling that Patrick was one-in-a-million. Not many boys are going to be groomers and attentive to my girls. Maybe Patrick will send some-bun to me, as Luna did with Ellie :)dutch).

Those precious pictures have started my tears again! Your trio was so very special, and it breaks my heart to think we will never see pics of them again.

Luna and Patricks' bond always made me think of my Pernod and Perry together. Their bond was so strong, and like you, I don't think I'll ever experience that again.

I am so going to miss Luna and Patrick (along with Zappa) updates :(

Jan

It really did look like Patrick was saying something to baby Zappa... I've never seen a bunny hug another bunny like that. Patrick was such a special bunny. :hearts

I just want to add a quick note about Patrick's tumor. I talked with the vet about it today during an appointment for Ellie and two piggies.

He said that the tumor was just that; a tumor that was encased well enough that it did not spread to any other organs. It was actually free-floating, not attached to intestines at all. The vet really feels that the tumor was not the cause of Patrick's death, that it may have just been old-age since Patrick was over eight years old.

I think it would have been a horse-a-piece if I had the tumor removed two years ago. The first vet had said that an exploratory surgery to see what the lump was would have shortened his lifeby a certain percent.I'm sure she meant the toll on Patrick's body from the anesthesia, recovery time, and whether or not the lump could be removed at all. So instead of living to over eight years old, Patrick may have only lived to seven years of age because I opted to have the surgery done.

I guess I'm okay with my decision not to have the surgery done. I hated to see him so round at the end, but if my decision gave me an extra year, or even months with him, I wouldn't trade that time for anything. He really was part of my heart, my baby honey-boy.

myheart

Thank you TreasuredFriend and Jan. It means alot to me to know that others understand the weight of such decisions. We as pet guardians end up being faced with more difficult decisions and deal with the outcome later with all of the should-a, would-a, could-a 's that burden out hearts. I think Patrick and I did okay with this decision.

Jan, I miss my trio also. Some days, so much so that it is hard to breathe. All of our little angels....

myheart

Oh, Janet. I just saw this here... I am so sorry that Patrick has passed:hug: At least he is back with Luna, and it sounds like little Zappa still has Callie to keep her company. Those pictures are making me tear up. :cry2 They are just too touching...

Janet, I started tearing up to those pictures. The Dutch Trio was always my favorite and I wanted a trio as beautiful as they were! Patrick and Luna were both buns that always remembered and enjoyed reading about. Such a great tribute. RIP Patrick. :hug:

Back