Wondering about Luna & Patrick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JadeIcing wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
myheart wrote:
:bigtears:What have I done?!!!! Patrick doesn't want me anymore! He only has eyes for Luna!

I left him out of his box this morning and nothing... No happy circles around me to say good morning, no humming, no nothing. I've lost my little boy! Soon enough they will want to get married, move out, get a condo somewhere warm, adopt babies, and forget all about me!!! What am I going to do?
I feel that way about Toby sometimes. I think he wants a friend, but I never know... :(

I think they know when you need them.

I think you are right, but it doesn't hurt to have a bit of snack they like hidden in your hand. :biggrin2:

myheart

I want a dutch so bad! They are so cute! After seeing the pictures of yours, and seeing the two at TreasuredFriend's "rabbit paradise", I really want one! lol. The picture of our babies (your avatar) is on her wall, too haha. I thought that was really cute! :p

100_1353.jpg

Apple says everyone needs a dutch!:biggrin2:

JadeIcing wrote:
100_1353.jpg

JadeIcing, your little Apple looks to be the authority on such matters. :pI think she should be the embassador for all "Dutch Nations" out there.She is too cute for words!!!! :biggrin2:

Apple looks like she could be Patrick's bookend with her beautiful tortie colors.... And I love to have bookends!!! **Puts Apple on bunny-nabbing list**

myheart

kherrmann3 wrote:
The picture of our babies (your avatar) is on her wall, too haha. I thought that was really cute! :p

Yes, TreasuredFriends does have that picture on her wall. Without her help, I would have never had the opportunity to add Luna to Patrick's life, as Luna wasin the SRR foster program when I found her on PetFinder. The picture was our little way of saying "Thank you" to TreasuredFriends for making all of our lives fuller and richer with her special passion for rabbits. Maybe that will become TreasuredFriends' "wall of fame"of well-placed and loved rabbits in their new forever homes. (hint-hint) :biggrin2:

myheart

LOL, I was about to say NEEDS MORE DUTCHIES! But then I saw your note at the end.;)

You're right though, you can see how much weight Patrick has lost. Have you tried giving him sunflower and/or flax seeds? That's what I use to help keep Fey's weight up. They might be too hard for him to chew though. Remind me and I'll give you some next time you're down.

myheart wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
100_1353.jpg

JadeIcing, your little Apple looks to be the authority on such matters. :pI think she should be the embassador for all "Dutch Nations" out there.She is too cute for words!!!! :biggrin2:

Apple looks like she could be Patrick's bookend with her beautiful tortie colors.... And I love to have bookends!!! **Puts Apple on bunny-nabbing list**

myheart

HEY NOW! Maybe I should be putting Patrick on mine.;)

Look at Luna pooching her lips in that first picture! How cute!

She also has "cactus butt" ..... when my bunnies gett that we have to pluck or I go insane! LOL!

Patrick looks so happy! I think that's a match made in heaven for sure!

Bo B Bunny wrote:

She also has "cactus butt" ..... when my bunnies gett that we have to pluck or I go insane! LOL!

Thank you Bo B... Luna is really starting to come into her own. She is just the sweetest little girl.Thankfully she belongs to Patrick now...:p

LOL about the "cactus butt". There just never seems to be enough time to get it all out. It seems they like to shed out in little sections at a time. So combing becomes a futile effort, and they certainly only have so much patience for plucking. Luna is very tolerant, but I have to catch Patrick on-the-fly if I want to get anything plucked off of him. :D

myheart

such great pics! the long-shaped one of them snuggling is now my desktop background. :inlove:

tonyshuman wrote:
such great pics! the long-shaped one of them snuggling is now my desktop background. :inlove:

Do you mean this one?

PA100657-1.jpg

I will have to pass the word to Patch and Luna that they have made it to the big-time...LOL. It is a very sweet pose for them, and Patch doesn't look too scruffy from shedding in this pic. It is amazing what a little bit of sunshine does to bunnies...:p

We will have to see where Zappa will fit into this little cuddle scene. :DIf all goes well, Patrick is going to be one lucky fellow. :p

myheart

Tony is the same! he hates to be groomed like that. Love and hugs are find but NOPLUCKING or brushing! Clover likes to be brushed but hates to be held or even touched. Once I get ahold of her I can usually get the plucks but it's not worth the effort sometimes LOL! and yep, time is always the problem!

BoLOVES to be brushed for a bit and then he's done. He thumpsto let me know. If he has*cactus butt* he will just groom my shirt or his front legs and chest or give himself a bath while I gently scratchand pluckaround there LOL!!

I'm so goofy about stuff tho. I've been known to pluck *cactus butt* on petstore bunnies..... :embarrassed:

myheart wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

Thank you Bo B... Luna is really starting to come into her own. She is just the sweetest little girl.Thankfully she belongs to Patrick now...:p

LOL about the "cactus butt". There just never seems to be enough time to get it all out. It seems they like to shed out in little sections at a time. So combing becomes a futile effort, and they certainly only have so much patience for plucking. Luna is very tolerant, but I have to catch Patrick on-the-fly if I want to get anything plucked off of him. :D

myheart

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I'm so goofy about stuff tho. I've been known to pluck *cactus butt* on petstore bunnies..... :embarrassed:

I am guilty of straightening product on store shelves.... Can't stand it when things are not in order. Who wants to shop in a messy store?!!!!

myheart

Sorry to say that I have no pictures to post at this time of my lil' lovebirds, but after reading through my thread for Patch and Luna, I have realized that this is like ajournal of their lives from the time that I brought Luna into our lives.

So this is more of a journal entry than anything, but it is an entry that I am so happy to make. This is about Luna!!!! She is coming around so well and I am not sure why, but I like it.

I have noticed that lately she is accepting me as some one who gives out lovin' and pettin', and not just some one who givesmedicine or makes her go to bed at night. She has been so sweet when I put my hand down in a grooming gesture. I make sure my hand is far enough away from her (five inches or so) so that she has to come to me if she wants pets and cheek rubs from me. And she does it!!!!:biggrin2:She has been asking for pets of late and will snuggle into my neck when I pick her up for no other reason than to cuddly her. It makes me tear up just thinking about how far Luna has come since she arrived here earlier this year. She has become so special to me, that I can hardly breathe if I think about losing her or Patch for whatever reason.

I think I need to go squish my little blue Dutch.... :p

myheart

After I made my post, I remembered that I did take some pictures of Luna the last time we were able to go outside. I couldn't take pics with Patch in them because he was going through the most terrible molt I have ever seen himhave. He looked like a little tramp-bunny who was homeless because he was so scruffy looking.

Anyhow, here are a few pics of my lil' blue Dutch who has captured my heart:

PA120694-1.jpg

PA120695-1.jpg

PA120696-1.jpg

**big sigh** How lucky could one bunny-mom be....?

myheart

Latest posts

Back