Watson and Cricket

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cricket comes out of the tube and is all "Watson, move your tail!!" That's beyond adorable.
I have a thing for helicopter buns, so I could watch a bazillion videos of her.

That wedding photo was adorably hilarious. What a sweet couple they make. How nice for them to be outside. The weather is gorgeous today so we're going to try some time outdoors with the buns this afternoon.

I took Cricket back in on Tuesday for follow up. Her discharge had changed from serous to mucopurulent so basically she's been getting worse, not better (although she still has a great appetite and lots of energy). I dropped her off at lunch time and the second years on their rotation did her physical exam. I was later told that she was "feisty and uncoperative" with them which the vet and I took as a sign she was feeling pretty good (apparently she spent a lot of time digging at the towel on the exam table and may or may not have tried to bite them).
I wanted to do the culture and sensitivity but the second years didn't think they could do the nasal swab without sedation. When I came in later the vet and I were able to bunny burrito her and get the swab while I restrianed her. She's been back on baytril since then while we wait for the results to come back.

It doesn't sound like it's slowing her down at all. Hopefully she'll get to feeling better soon :)

I hope it clears up pretty soon for her and she´s back to normal. Doesn´t seem to be bothering her that much but it must be uncomfortable at times.

Sending her lots of nose rubs and bunny kisses from my three. :big kiss:

Just a few cute pictures of Cricket (and I) outside. I took both bunnies outside on their leashes for a little fun time. My roommate was hanging on to Watson so I didn't get as many pictures of him.

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

That first picture is just so good, she has such an adorable face and those ears....Watson and her look so good together and it´s great to see them. You´ve got a handsome pair of bunnies there.

The results of Cricket's culture and sensitivity came back today.
She's got Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus intermedius, Moraxella sp. and Bordatella (bronchiseptica I think).
Staph intermedius is a commensal of the skin, so we're not sure that it was what's causing the issue, but since it was resistant to the majority of the antibiotics tested, it really limited the options. All 3 were shown to be sensitive to doxycycline so we came home with a bottle of 30 days worth of raspberry-flavored doxy. The vet and I were both glad that we had done the sensitivity since there was also resistance to TMS which was going to be the next antibiotic we tried.
I'm also happy because the 30 days of doxycycline is only costing me $53 vs. the $85 a week for baytril.

I'm not sure that's something we know at this point. She'll be back for a checkup when her meds are near empty and I'll update him via email if there are any real changes in the meantime.

Wow, that was quite a mouthful. Hope she does well on the meds and will wait to hear updates.

Well first off, glad that it's something that can be taken care of with medication. That is quite the name of what she has! I just stumbled my way through reading it. Hope she is better soon.

As for the videos and pictures....so cute! Her ears really do crack me up and both their coloring is beautiful. What a pair. I love the picture of you leaning down and kissing Cricket on the head....too sweet :)

In case anyone was wondering how she gets nebulized, I put together this short video of how I made her box and how I nebulize her.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29dG5fU5J4[/ame]

Back