Watson and Cricket

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These two are just adorable, you take such great photos and they are so good. Mine wouldn´t sit still long enough. Once again, time just flies and I am so glad that Watson has his Cricket, they do look so settled together, just like an old married couple.

Happy anniversary :inlove:

As if the end of the school year wasn't enough, 3 weeks ago I found an abscess at the base of Cricket's right ear. I made her an appointment at the exotics-only practice where I'll be externing this July and we came home with baytril and bactrim while we waited for culture and sensitivity. Culture came back with staph but after 2 weeks there was no improvement so we made an appointment to lance it. Today I dropped them off and Watson got a well bunny exam and a clean bill of health while Cricket had her abscess lanced, debrided and then cold lasered. We came home with more bactrim, metacam and injectable penicillin. She's also prescribed twice daily warm compresses. Cricket is sulking in the corner of my room and giving me the stink eye.

Man poor Cricket. I hope she feels better soon. And I had to laugh at the video of them eating. Twigs was laying on the floor asleep like usual and I had the sound on. As soon as they started crunching he was up and very alert looking around for who was eating. So I hit mute and he went right back to laying down. So just to be a stinker I turned the sound back on and he shot back up lol.

I just loving seeing bunnies munch, they do make a lot of noise. I love how she steals the last piece from Watson and he let's her, looks like he's used to it lol.

I hope she recovers quickly, Bandy has a jaw abscess and treatment has been quite long but no surgery but he's doing fine. Lots of nose rubs from him to Cricket :)

This is the mouth of an angry bunny:
10309033_10152474881773140_4446306473365699182_n.jpg

I'm not happy with how little I see her eat so she got critical care last night and again tonight with her meds. I do see her eat some hay and she took some pellets from me this morning but for all I can tell Watson is eating the rest of the food so she gets syringe fed. Part of me wonders if she's refusing to eat in my presence because I'm the worst mom ever and won't stop touching her or if she really doesn't want to eat. Then again I don't think I'd want to eat if someone sliced into my head, even with pain meds.

And of course now she's stuffing her face with salad.

I don't understand her logic, but I'm happy she's eating something.

That is one cute bunny mouth even if she's angry. I hate syringe feeding them, it always ends like that with it round their mouth. I always find it difficult to see exactly how much each one is eating now they all ive and eat together. Is she maintainig her weight ?

Good news! We went in for our follow up today and our vet says the abscess is gone. We're going to continue with the penicillin for one more week and the bactrim for 2 more weeks just to be thorough, but it didn't need to be debrided again or anything like that. Happy bunnies all around here!

Latest posts

Back