Watson and Cricket

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock2:OMG NO WAY!!!:shock2:

I was going to adopt Eve the first weekend in December and then things went crazy with my father in law being sick and passing away and the holidays. Here's my post with her picture and everything. http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f35/iz-going-date-71590/

I actually just email the rescue to see if she was still available since she's still on their web-ste. That is CRAZY!!! We are going next Friday to get a bun from there. I'm hoping they have a lop because that's what I really want.

I responded to your PM about how things work at Bunny Bunch.

You can't have her! I've fallen in love.

I got your pm Thank You!!! I'm glad she went to a good home and I can still see her here which is awesome. Caroline just emailed me my on line app was approved awhile ago. She just said to let her know what time I'll be there next week and she'll have all the lops there. Super excited if I have more questions I'll pm you :)

Awesome, they definitely have more buns there than they do online and they say they have lots in foster care. I'm also not sure which ones are at the orange county location and which ones they take to other events. Good luck! Bring extra money because I'm sure you'll be coming home with some new toys or treats from their store too.

Ya I was already thinking of that. Did you see the "spa" day they are having in Feb for the buns. I so wish I lived closer. We are on the other side of Riverside so it's a good 45 mins away.

So how is bonding going and how are you doing it? I'm a little nerves about it all.

Bonding is going okay. Basically the day after I adopted her I came down with a sore throat which evolved into this sore throat runny nose thing. I've been trying to get in extra sleep but between my extra sleeping and being back in school, I only have so much time to dedicate to bonding bunnies.
They do spend some time together every night. Usually I carry them around the house in a plastic tub (like a simulated car ride) and then put them in a penned off area of my room with some veggies. They mostly just ignore eachother with some occasional grooming and some occasional instances of Watson trying to bite Cricket's backside (and me trying to stop that before it happens).

Wow Christina I'm stunned you lost Sherlock :( I took a break from RO and just came back. I'm excited to catch up on all I missed except for hearing news like this :(

RIP little Sherlock. I'm so sorry he went so suddenly, it is never easy and they are never here long enough. Binky free.

But on a positive note I love your new addition. Crickets colors are gorgeous!!!

I have alot of reading to do but I will read your blog to get myself caught up.

It has now been 10 days since I started bonding the two of them. Today I had them out in a pen in my room together. I had to go to school for a few hours and when I left I left him in her pen and her in his cage. When I got home I let them out in about 2/3 of my room with her pen open. They still have occasional times when they chase eachother, but they also had some good snuggling and grooming time. They're definitely enjoying having more time out of their cage as demonstrated by the binky storm that starts up whenever I'm not holding my camera. I did manage to catch a binky from each of them, although Watson's is significantly more graceful than Cricket's (as she kicks an empty soda box out of the way).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZBQkLfqaQ8[/ame]

Aww cute! I love clumsy binkys ;) and her helicopter ears are too cute.

Good sign with the grooming and laying down at the end!

Awh, I don't know how, but in my lack of posting somewhere during the holidays I missed Sherlock's bridge post. R.I.P. to the little guy and binky free!!

On another note, you're very lucky these two are already hitting it off, my two are like little devils. They make a very cute pair!

I agree they sound like they are making good progress. I think that this will be one of those easy fast bonds. They are soo cute together :) I just LOVE Cricket's coat :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments. They really are so great together. Today after I got home from school I let them out with both her pen and his cage open and they spent a lot of time just hanging out in his cage. Part of me feels like I could just close them up in there tonight, but I'd really rather wait until a day when I was going to be home for most of the day (or at least when I don't have to get up too early for school) to watch them. I don't want to rush things since they do still have moments when they chase eachother around (and it's hard for me to tell if they're just having fun or if there's some sort of disagreement) but at the same time I feel bad splitting them up.

Great to see them doing so well together but I think yóu´re right to wait that extra time until you can supervise and then you´ll know they´re going to be OK togeher.

They´re such a lovely pair together and Cricket is such a cutie.

Tonight is the night! After 2 weeks of bonding, Watson and Cricket are making things official and she'll be moving into his dog crate.

IMG_2009.jpg

the official wedding photo...I just love that and her bow is so sweet. So glad things have gone well for them, they look so happy together. Glad they tied the knot before before moving in together lol.

Yay congrats! That is such a big step I remember with my two very well :)

Latest posts

Back