Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here he is on his way home yesterday.

liloneonhiswayhome7-9-11.jpg

Some pictures we took today, just too cute!

LilOne7-10-11picF.jpg

LilOne7-10-11picE.jpg

Lilone7-10-11picD.jpg

LilOne7-10-11picC.jpg

LilOne7-10-11picG.jpg

He's an adorable little guy - I always love the vienna marked ones (he'd help produce blue eyed whites!)

Well the herd is doing great.

Miss Moo Moo has decided her hidy box is too far away from her food and water bottle. I had cut two openings in her box at right angles to each other. She moved her box over so one opening is over the food bin and the other one is close to the water bottle. So she doesn't have to go out to eat and she just has to stick her head out to drink.

Titan and Handsome are ready to go to the fair next week. Although the forecast is to be in the 90'sF next week. I hope the following week is much cooler. I bought a couple of marble tiles to put in their cages in the afternoons. After I got home from Menards store I realized I should have bought two more so I can rotate them. Oh, well whats another trip to the store.

Louie is settling in well, he is a real lover bun. He will sit still on Karen but not on anyone else.

Aww Louie is adorable! He looks like a little teddy bear bunny :D Wabbitmom, doesn't it make ya feel good when a bunny picks you to like best? After we got Rory, for a while he would only take food from me. Then he would only take food from Paul if he personally witnessed me handing the food to Paul.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Here is a picture of my future daughter in law's puppy, Mozilla.  We were puppy sitting when I took this picture.

Mozilla5-28-11.jpg

This is Charlie our Pointer/Britney Spaniel mix, sleeping in his kennel.  He has a rough life as you can see.

Charlie5-28-11.jpg

Finally, a picture of Miss Daisy.

Daisy6-17-11.jpg

Mozilla is quite the cutie! Looks like a little fox kit in the picture. :)

AHA! So there's Charlie...the stories I've read about him eclipse his cuteness. :wink I've always had a soft spot in my heart for hounds (grew up with a beagle mix named - you guessed it - Charlie). They're just so cute that they can't be bad, even when they are...which from my experience, seems to be most of the time.

And finally...LOL!!! BUCKET BUNNAY!!!

wabbitmom12 wrote:
MEET LOUIE!! He likes to cuddle, so I call him Louie the Loverbun :biggrin2:

Just when I thought that God / the Supreme Rabbit Creator couldn't make bunnies any cuter, along comes another one to prove me wrong. Wow, what a sweetheart! I think my heart just melted. :)

:inlove:

I will make this short since it is late and I need to get to bed. I was contacted about a rabbit running loose. I looked for it on Wednesday afternoon no luck. Tonight right after I took my showerI received a call that the bunny had been seen.

My daughter and I went over and after a long time, more details later, caught the bunner. He/she is a very cute bunny and right now very scared. The bunny was definitely a pet let loose.

I will post pictures and more of the story tomorrow.

It's wonderful you were able to catch the poor baby before anything bad happened!:)

People who let their rabbits go make me so mad! Why do they think the poor rabbits can survive in the wild? :X

Bassetluv wrote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
MEET LOUIE!! He likes to cuddle, so I call him Louie the Loverbun :biggrin2:

Just when I thought that God / the Supreme Rabbit Creator couldn't make bunnies any cuter, along comes another one to prove me wrong. Wow, what a sweetheart! I think my heart just melted. :)

:inlove:

So you see why I had to have him! I fell in love at first sight. I've always loved blue bunnies, and he has such a cute little face!! And he's still a baby, so who could resist?

To be honest, I hadn't been too into the bunnies much lately, since my Dutchess died a month or so ago. I guess it just hurt too much to think about her. Then, I saw Louie and my heart leapt a little bit. I picked him up, and he cuddled right up on my shoulder beside my ear, just like Dutchie used to. The rest, as they say, is history. :big wink: There's nothing like a bunny - to fill the bunny-sized hole in your heart that's created when a special one dies.

Louie's not a replacement for Dutchie, he never could be. But he helps me remember the good (snuggle) times with her, instead of feeling sad. He's great therapy!!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Aww Louie is adorable! He looks like a little teddy bear bunny :D Wabbitmom, doesn't it make ya feel good when a bunny picks you to like best? After we got Rory, for a while he would only take food from me. Then he would only take food from Paul if he personally witnessed me handing the food to Paul.

That's too cute!! Rabbits sure know their own minds, don't they?

Re: Mozilla...yes, he DOES look like a fox kit! That's how Cally picked his name...after the internet search engine, MOZILLA Firefox. (Yes, our future daughter-in-law is as thoroughly nerdy as our son...that's why they are so perfect together!!)

**MOM LOVES YOU, CALLY!**

Dave and I call him Mozie for short.

The woman that contacted me asked me what should she do if she sees the bun again. She told me that she could get within 3 feet of the bun before it would hop away. I said if you have some craisins to toss some to him/her and call me. The bun showed up Thursday night and she tossed the craisns and called me. So my daughter and I drove over to her house.

The pursuit started by my crawling on my belly towards the bun telling the bun how beautiful he/she was. Just as I was going to be in arms reach the bun hops away. Talking softly,keeping low my daughter and I kept after him, through pine branches, over a fence and back over the fence. My goal was to keep the bun from going into a field. Eventually, the bun made her/his way back to the front of the house where the craisins were tossed.

He/she was searching among the landscaping rocks for any missed craisins. I kept talking to the bun and tossed thebig craisin in my hand in front of the bun. While the bun got the craisin and started to eat I grabbed him/her and placed the bun between my knee's while I tried to calm it down. The bunner was not very happy and was kicking wildly to get away. My daughter headed back to the van to get the cage. Once the bunner was in the cage and in the van he just flopped with his/her back legs kicked off to one side.

Our furry guest is still nervous, scared and spends his time at the back of his cage. Here is a picture of our guest.

DSCN4196.jpg

DSCN4197.jpg

He/she has a unlimited supply of food, hay, water,toys and love. It will be a while before I think trust of humans will come back.

Here is a picture of our guest (99.9% he/she will be staying) in my arms last night. I petted him for about 2 hours. We watched Star Trek on the EPIX channel on Dishnetwork last night, the bunner only moved once.

She/his ears are nice and clean and I only found a couple of flea's on the bunner. I put some Advantage on her/his back last night. Based on theneighborhood he was found in (very nice, I felt out of place), insecticide is used on the lawns. So that may account for the lack of fleas.

lostbun.jpg

Some namesup for consideration:

• Clover
  • Coco
  • Duke (my personal favorite)
  • Shamrock
  • Lucky
  • Humid (relating to the night we caught him)
  • Speedy
  • Sisko
I think tomorrow we are going to try and determine his/her sex, make it easier to pick a name too.

I hope its a buck, because he looks like a Duke to me. Definitely one tough bunner.

Awe, Dave, is this possibly the second heart-bunny addition to the herd? I know it takes time to know that, but it looks like both of the new babies have you and Wabbitmom wrapped around their little paws already. ;)

Sending snuggles and happy vibes to both of the new kids. :biggrin2:

myheart

Latest posts

Back