Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been crazy the last couple of weeks. The herd is doing good, everyone is healthy and happy.

Ms. Sweetie has been turning a light gray around her hears and nose, getting old I suppose, she is a happy bun and enjoyed hanging out with us in the living room the other night.

This past Tuesday our power went out in the afternoon. It happened during a super hot day, the power was out over a wide area of the east sideof town. I came home early from work and started the generator and got fans on the bunny's.

While I was sitting in the now getting warmer house. I thought, well what am I going to do until the power comes back on, its too hot outside to do anything. So it came to me, this generator can keep both refrigerators and a freezer running. Why not a tv and a satellite receiver? Another extension cord later and I was watching tv. Luckily the power came on a couple of hours after I got home.

Wednesday night after cleaning cages I evidently closed Mr. Handsome's cage door but didn't latch it. I came in Thursday morning to a very messy bunny room, he had pooped everywhere and shredded anything he could get to.

It is hard getting used to Dutchie not being around here. The other night I was handing out banana chips and I bent down to give one to her and realized she wasn't there.

She was a very special bun, not anaughty bone in her little body, 100% pure love and sweetness. Dutchie will be missed greatly.

Here are a couple of pictures of Dutchie.

One of her and her slave.

KarenDuchess11-19-07.jpg

Duchess.jpg

On a lighter note, Karen and I, ran our usual Saturday errands. Except, we had just gotten our tax refund on Friday. So I went to Lowes, Menards and Sears looking at dishwashers and grills.:pullhair: We started at 10am and returned home at 4:30pm. Normally we are home shortly after 12pm. This is something she wanted to do with our refund, since the current one should have been laid to rest some years ago. By the end of the day she had narrowed it down to two. After I cleaned rabbit cages and mowed the yard she wanted to go backand look at one to make her final pick.:rollseyes

Picking our new gas grill was much easier, strictly a guy thing, we looked at them after we looked at dishwashers. I didn't need to go back to a previous store and look at them again.

So on Fathers day, I get to go to Menards and pick up her new dishwasher. Then, I can hardly contain myself, I get to install it this next weekend! I bet right now you wish you were me, so you could enjoy the fun I am going to have.

Well it is very, very late and I should have been in bed two hours ago. If it were not for the 4 Mountain Dews and the Coke I hadSaturday I wouldn't be up this late.

Good night all!

Dutchie was a really pretty bun. Again, we're so sorry for your loss. :) Hmmmm grill huh ? We've been thinking of buying one ourselves. Unfortunately, I have to check with the building owner if we can make a grill on the balcony. Send me some grills, he he :)

I'm so sorry to hear about Dutchie - how is Karen doing?

Art always says "Men Hunt. Women Shop...(and shop and shop)."

He also claims that there are 'real minutes' and there are "shopping minutes" which are infinitely LONGER. It sounds like you find that to be true also!

I'm doing okay. Pretty much avoiding the bunny room right now, as I don't want to see her empty cage.

It hasn't been that long since we lost Baby, either, so now there are 2 empty cages I don't want to see.

Every now and then, a picture of Dutchie comes up on our screen saver (which is set-up slide show style), and my heart lurches a little bit.

I actually haven't held any of the other rabbits since she died, either. I guess I don't want to disturb the "denial phase" of my grief. :( I have a feeling holding a warm furry bunny would just upset me right now.

I do understand that. For me - holding another rabbit comforts me....that life does go on....but it does still hurt sometimes.

Normally it comforts me also. I just haven't had the urge - or if I did, I repressed it.

I suppose I've had so much other stuff going on in my life recently that I am not in a hurry to get out of the denial phase...it's just too comfy at the moment.

I think when we lose certain ones we just need our space. Ever since we lost Dallas I just can't connect with the other bunnies.

Its been a while since I have posted.

Well lets see, my son Josh survived a head on collison last Thursday morning on his way to work. His Infiniti G35 was, without saying, totalled. The impact sheared the rotors and wheel rims in the front in half.Due to a well built car and lots of divine intervention, he walked away from it with a bruised left ankle. Poor kid he only had it 7 months.

Wreck_NMichigan_2.jpg

Last week I put together the grill and it amazingly well, I was surprised. A thunderstorm camethrough last Tuesday and we had to wait a couple of hours before we could use it. My silly wife wanted to the first meal cooked on the new grill to be chicken, women!:rollseyes I had her get some steak!

Its been nice to be able to grill food and not have it come off the grill all black and crunchy.

I also installed our new dishwasher last Friday night while her, my daughter and niece were at the mall. I did this against better judgement, I had a long hot day at work.

I had never installed or replaced a dishwasher before. After spending what seemed like an eternity shopping for one, I got on the internet and looked up the process. Looked like something I could do, so I told Karen if we bought one I could put it in.

The little voice inside said no, don't do it. Well its not the first time I have ignored that little voice of reason. If you purchase a appliance that requires installation and the store gives you the name of a contractor to put it in or they provide that service, DO IT!

I knew I had to make one trip to the hardware store for a critical part that is needed andis not included with the dishwasher. So I come home from the hardware store and removed the old one with very few problems. I even managed to get it outside by myself. I also was able to get the new one in the house. Now I carefully followed the instructions and came to the part where the water line is connected to the dishwasher. This is where I made my second trip to the hardware store.

Evidently the old dishwashers had a larger water supply line then the new ones. So at this point I have been working on this project for 3 hours. I got back in the car and went back to get more parts. I had to some how go from a 1/2 inch down to 3/8ths supply line. Luckily I happened to get someone who knew exactly what I was dealing with and knew what parts I would need.

Now you may have guessed that this little project resulted inmy blood pressure to rise and you would be right. There where some intense moments!

It is now six hours into this installation, 1130pm, when Karen and the kids come home. I had just turned the water on, checked for leaks and started it when she came in the door.

She walked into the kitchen, heard the dishwasher running and had a very big smile on her face. That is until she looked at me and before she could get a word out I said You owe me dinner at Texas Roadhouse! Afterwards she immediately went back to shouts of happiness.

So the bunny's are doing great. I have only found a couple of flea's in their room, so I must have gotten the yard sprayed with flea killer in time this year. I still ordered some flea meds for them, the dogs and cats. I was getting low on home made banana chips and not having the time to make some until tomorrow I bought some craisins.

The craisins were not on sale, but to avoid a bunny rebellion, I bought them anyway. The grocery store for some stupid reason does not sell banana chips anymore. My furry masters were pleased, the threat of a insurrection avoided.

I had a first in my bunny slave life Wednesday night. The three intact bucks I have always have to remark the room when they are out. It usually involves them running, jumping and spraying. Well I caught some right in the eye! I don't recommend it, the experience was not enjoyable. Speaking of bunny cages, its time to clean them.

I do have a couple of pictures to post and I will try and get those up this weekend.

Here is a picture of my future daughter in law's puppy, Mozilla. We were puppy sitting when I took this picture.

Mozilla5-28-11.jpg

This is Charlie our Pointer/Britney Spaniel mix, sleeping in his kennel. He has a rough life as you can see.

Charlie5-28-11.jpg

Finally, a picture of Miss Daisy.

Daisy6-17-11.jpg

Your son is very lucky, the pic of the car scared me. Like you said, "lots of divine intervention" - for sure!
Congrats on installing the dishwasher :)
The pics are nice, where's miss Daisy inside? Is almost looks like she's there for a bath, hehe
She's cute..!

I just put the bunny's to bed and like normal I gave them their nightly treat.

I am amazed at how each of them will take a banana chip from me. Moo Moo, Blueberry, Carmel, Daisy will gently take it from me. Sweetie, Rudy, Nibbles, Oreo, Jenny are banana chip addicts who try to go through their cages to grab the chip from me. Oreo will also shake her cage door and can actually shake the lock off. I went to give her the banana chip and she almost took the tip of my finger off. In her defense I was late in handing them out. Handsome Bun, Tinyand Titan arepatience and will take it quickly though when it is given to them.

They know when treat time is and normal, calm bunny's go crazy! That is just one of the reasons I love them.

Well, my daughter sent me a picture of my wife holding a bunny tonight and how it just snuggled up to her. So Isent a text message to my wife andI askedher if I should power wash a cage? A text message came back a few minutes later saying yes. So off I went to the car wash to clean up a cage.

She was in love with this little one and when you have 13 bunnies, what's one more! I will post pictures soon, he/she is a blue Lionhead/Dutch mix. By the time she came home with the furry bundle, I had the cage all set up including toys.

Now, some members of the herd were not pleased at first and a couple of them were thumping for a 1/2 hour. Its all quiet now.

YEAH for Karen....I'm so glad you were sensitive enough to recognize that maybe she NEEDED this bun.

That earns you extra points - but they expire by midnight Sunday night so use them up quickly!!!

TinysMom wrote:
YEAH for Karen....I'm so glad you were sensitive enough to recognize that maybe she NEEDED this bun.
That earns you extra points - but they expire by midnight Sunday night so use them up quickly!!!

:big wink: I'm sure he will find some way to redeem them!

:biggrin2: Yes I did - I DO - need another snuggly bunny, after the recent loss of my Dutchie. I've been struggling a little with my grief, not wanting to hold the other rabbits, etc. My new, sweet snuggly bunny is GREAT therapy!!!

Latest posts

Back