Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's a GIRL and she let you hold her and pet her for like two hours shortly after getting her?

OH MY!

No name ideas but wow....she must really like you.

TinysMom wrote:
No name ideas but wow....she must really like you.

Yes its a curse I have with women, I am just irresistible.;)

This is Elkhart County's Fair week, started July 22nd and ends July 30th. This is the hottest fair weather we've had in a long time. Well Saturday night was mysleep over with the 4-H rabbits in the barn. Not one of my best nights, the fairs wi-fi was putting out a very low signal, so the internet was out, I didn't bring anything to read, too hot and humid to sleep, so I started checking on the 600+ rabbits.

I filled a lot of water bottles and bowls this morning/last night. I always check water bottles and bowls when I spend the night and with this weather its a must. I came across three rabbits who's water dishes were completely empty. For how long I don't know, but when I filled their bowls they were all taking big drinks of the cool well water.

Its all a blur, I got a couple of hours sleep but not enough.

Well the lost bun that my daughter and I rescued now has a name, she is going to be called Hope. I came up with the name last night while I was in the bunny barn. With nothing to do but listen to the rabbits and the poultry in the next barn, I got to thinking about possible names.

I decided on Hope because she had none, abandon by the people she thought loved her and were going to care for her. Then I thought about the Hopeshe now has, hope of a much better life then she had before. She now has people that love her, have given her a safe place to live, plenty of food, water, hay and treats.

The 4-H leader that sent out the email asking if someone could help this lady that spotted Hope told me she was glad I went and looked for her and brought her home. She said if you hadn't I would have and I would be the one with the new bunny. Like me it made her mad that someone just let her go out in the woods without a thought, treating Hope just like trash.

I really like the name you picked for your new little girl!! I hope she likes it also. :biggrin:

I named my Grace after my Ellie who had so much grace. Ellie endured so much with abscesses that no one else found or took care of. Anyhow, Grace became my "just one more" bunny, and to honor Ellie, Grace took the name that meant the most to me.

It is nice to find the perfect name with the perfect meaning. Welcome home Hope! :biggrin2:

Titan and Handsome are doing ok at the fair. They totally love it when we bring in the fresh cold marble tiles. The marble tile has been doing a great job at retaining a coolness in this terrible heat.

Tonight while I was holding Miss Hope, she gave me some bunny kisses! Then thumped at me when I put her back in her cage, women!;)

I love her name!!! Its awesome.

I was wondering when fair time was again for y'all....I knew your overnight stint was coming up soon.

Glad its over for another year.

Nyx wants to see more pictures of her mama and daddy (rabbits that is).

Just passing along a message....no shooting the messenger!

We will work on getting some pictures, now that her daddy is home from the fair and having thousands of people tell him how big he is.

Titan won best of variety.

Wednesday was the 4H Rabbit clubs internal show. Kristin put both Titan and Handsome on the show table, then the judge looked them over along with the other flemish and told Kristin Handsome could go back to his cage.

First she grabs someone else black rabbit, I catch her and she brings it back then, she then grabs Titan instead of Handsome. She comes back and tell her so she runs back to his cage and brings Titan back and I take Handsome back to his cage.

Titan gets placed behind the judge for further review along with another flemmie. Kristin tells me the black rabbit that is closer to us is Titan and she wants to give him a crasin. So I go get them and she places one in the cage and I tried to give him one as well. This other girl goes up to the judge and the judge tells her she can take her rabbit back to his cage. So this girl grabs what we both think is Titan and Krissy asks her why she is taking her rabbit the girl says no its my rabbit and shows us the tattoo. She apologies to the girl and then we notice Titan was on the other end of cages behind the judge. Ooops!

This was one of the hottest fairs I can remember. The heat and humidity was unbearable. We used frozen marble tiles to keep them cool, I kept two at home in the freezer,the other two were in Titan's and Handsome cages. We just rotated them in and out everyday. They would get so excited when we got the tiles out of the freezer bag to replace the ones in their cages.

Karen's new bun Louie is getting bigger and is settling in very nicely, starting to fill out some too.

Miss Hope is still very scared and hides in the back of her cage. Big change from free roaming in a neighborhood to being in a cage and a house. She has been coming out of her cage and exploring the room, but gets startled easily. Not too much of a surprise for being on her own for who knows how long. It will take some time to build trust.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
We will work on getting some pictures, now that her daddy is home from the fair and having thousands of people tell him how big he is. 

The most popular question of all is: "HOW MUCH DOES THAT RABBIT WEIGH???" Then, "HOW MUCH FOOD DOES HE EAT???" :biggrin2:

I gave Hope a cardboard box she could hide in. I went in this morning and she was ripping up paper from a telephone book and trying to pull fur off of herself. She then was stuffing it into the cardboard box. I may have rescued a pregnant bunny!:pullhair:

No baby's yet. I am hoping it is a false pregnancy, with a Great Dane puppy in my house I don't need any more excitement. Oh did I forget to mention my son who just bought a house, but can't move in until labor day went and bought aGreat Dane puppy Saturday night! He's out with his fiance right now and we've been puppy sitting.

She definitely has built a very nice nest inside her hidey box.

Wow its been a long time since I have updated, been too tired to update, been feeling blah.

Well all the bunny's are doing fine, Daisy, Nibbles and Moo Moo are all feeling better. No more runny poo's and they all have that sparkle back in their eyes. Especially Miss Daisy Mae, I knew she wasn't feeling well, when she always had her back to the room and didn't want to come out. Now she is back to her mischievous shelf, with that devious twinkle in her eyes.

This is the reason I haven't been able to update my blog. I previous mentioned that my son brought home a Great Dane puppy two weeks ago. Its like having a toddler around again, can't leave him alone, accidents all the time, my carpet is never going to be the same.

Here is Mr. Spock taking a rest.

2011-08-0795164635.jpg

This afternoon Ms. Pudge and I watched a couple of episodes of Star Trek Voyager on Netflix. She enjoyed the couple of hours of petting and being told how beautiful she is.

Oh my goodness...now THAT's a puppy!!! :shock2: What's he think of the bunnies?

LOL...I love his name. Great danes are such a cool breed; so huge and gangly, but so docile (well, once they've matured ;)) There's someone here who lives a couple of blocks over who has a dane, a big grey brute. I'm so in awe every time I see him walking his owner.

Maybe for Christmas you should ask your son for a gift certificate with a carpet-cleaning company. :biggrin2:

Wow, that's a big puppy!! I saw the picture first and didn't even realize it's a puppy. How old is he?

Latest posts

Back