Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on Hope, never had any baby's false pregnancy, thankfully. I wasn't ready to deal with baby's and trying to find homes for them.

Mr. Spock is 10 weeks old now and has had to have his collar adjusted 5 times in the two weeks he's lived at my house. We have not introduced him to the rabbits, he is so big he could hurt one without meaning too with his big paws or razor sharp teeth.

I just upgraded my phone last week and was getting things out of the box. Before I realized what happened the little/big fart chewed my new phone charging cord in half before I could get it away from him. Luckily for him my old phone charger worked on my new phone.

My house is heated by hot water baseboard heat. So I have a boiler in my basement instead of a standard furnance. This past winter the burners under the boiler would not ignite. Just having enough money to pay bills, we heated the house with our wood burner and some electric heaters.

Since my wife has been working we have been able to save money again. So we contacted the heating and cooling company that has serviced it in the past to come out and fix it. It cost me $106 dollars for the service tech reconnect a wire that had been pulled out from the ignition module. The cats litter box is by it and he probably was playing with the dangling wires and pulled it out. The entire service call lasted 5 minutes. So we went through a very cold winter, burning wood like there was no tomorrow because of a loose wire.:headsmack Oh well.

Before I say anything else, I must announce that the woman who has put up with me for the past 27 years is having a birthday Sunday August 21st. So

Happy Birthday Wabbitmom12!:bouquet::party:I love you!

I can't reveal her age, as I would like to continue on living. I will say she is getting closer to receiving mail from AARP. I think it stands for American Association of Retired People, correct me if I am wrong.

I will be cooking her one of her favorite meals, grilled steak, baked potato's, salad and a veggie (what ever I can reach first in the freezer). Followed by a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. I was going to get her a present, but I mean really she has me what could she possibly want?;) I had planned on getting her a present but she didn't really give me a lot of ideas. We may have to just go out:shock:shopping!

Its has been crazy here the last 3 weeks with my son's dog, Spock the Great Dane has to be constantly watched to avoid as many as possiblemesses in the house. On the 26th my son and his dog Spock move into his new to him house. August 27th, a carpet cleaning crew will be coming to clean my living room carpet, hopefully.

My 4H rabbit club held its awards banquet on August 18th. It was also election night for advisory board members. Two people were running for re-election and one person had served two terms and had step down. So there was only one position really opening up, the two people running for re-election are super and I figured they were a shoe in for being re-elected. I was asked by the vice-president and the retiring board member during the fair to run for the advisory board. I have been a project leader working with the kids, so I thought about it and tossed my hat into the ring.

There were seven other people that submitted their names and resumes. We each had to stand up and tell a little about ourselves and why we wanted to be on the advisory board. I had problems with my allergies that day and I had taken allergy meds before we left and they hadn't quite kicked in. However, I was having no problems with my throat. So when it was my turn, my throat suddenly was congested and I had to embarrassingly clear it. After that I was able to talk ok.

So when they announced who won, I heard the names of the other people running for re-election, then was very surprised to hear my name announced!There were a lot of well qualified people running. I am quite happy and excited to get started and help to continue to make our club one of the best in 4H.

Once the elections were over and before the awards portion started I decided to use the men's room. During the time I was gone, someone had asked to have the new member of the advisory board stand up. Just as I came out of the restoom, the leader of our rabbit club, said there he is! I don't often get embarrased, but I definitely was that time.

Update on Miss Hope our rescue bun. She is still skittish, but she is spending more time at the front of her cage and is taking treats from my hand.

Karens bun Louie has settled in well is a very well behaved bun. When its treat time he will come to the front of his cage like the rest of the herd and sniff it and run away. After I place it in his food dish he will come and eat it, silly bun.

Oh I second (or third, actually ;)) the Happy birthday wishes!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!!

Many belated wishes for a wonderful year ahead!!

:big kiss::pinkelepht::party0002::party::birthday

I can't reveal her age, as I would like to continue on living.
Dave, you're very well trained after 27 years... :biggrin2:

Oh, and congrats on winning a spot on the advisory board, Dave! :clapping:
I just upgraded my phone last week and was getting things out of the box. Before I realized what happened the little/big fart chewed my new phone charging cord in half before I could get it away from him. Luckily for him my old phone charger worked on my new phone.

uh-oh...sounds like Mr. Spock's been at the house a wee bit too long...methinks he's starting to believe he's a bunny...perhaps a rather overgrown Flemish giant...

I am down to only one kid at home!

My son, Josh, just closed on his house yesterday. He and his fiance wanted to move in last night, so I borrowed a truck from work and we loaded up some of his stuff and then went to his fiance's house and loaded up her stuff. Then two furniture stores later we finallymade it to his new house to unload.

It is so much easier to unload a truck then the other way around. About 1130pm I took the truck back to work and went to drive home and my car wouldn't start. I had to call my tired wife to come and pick me up. After spending $100 dollars on a battery, the car is back in operation.

My wife and I have moved several times and we just bit our tongue when our son told us whathe had planned wewere going to do Friday night. He believed we could move his and his fiance's stuff, pick up furniture at two stores, unload, wipe down the walls in the house and begin to paint. Now if we had started this whole process at lets say 8am maybe. This move did not begin until 530pm.

Hepurchased a small 2 bedroom house that is closer to where he works.It is laid out very well and has a nice fenced in yard for his dog and hers. Just perfect for a couple starting out.

We had asked him all the time to bring out the dishes he took into his room and always got the reply "I will". I went into his room and took out a large trash bag of various empty popcorn bags, candy wrappers. I brought out enough dishes to fill our dishwasher one and a half times. I had forgotten how many forks, spoons, plates and bowls we really had. I don't expect he will be able to get away with this behavior with my future daughter in law.

All the buns are doing well, I am a little concerned about Sweetie. She is eating, drinking and pooping ok. Its just a gut feeling, but I am concerned because she is getting old for a flemmie.

Ms. Hope is still very shy, now with my son's dog gone, I am going to try and work with her more to build her trust.

Jenny has figured out how to open her cage, so I had to cut a clip from a old dog lead and lock hercage with that. A week ago, I was in the bunny room taking care of the buns and I heard her shaking her cage door. She was rather impatient for her craisin. She really shook the cage door and I looked over and she was exiting her cage. Like Bassetluv has said, the "e" in e-lop stands for engineer.

Since my son brought home the great dane puppy, the buns haven't had a chance to come out in the living room. Now that the dog is gone, bunny life should return to normal and I will hopefully have more to share.

Dave, did you find the bunnies sulked at all while Mr. Spock was in residence? Yofi went through a major pout with the introduction of Izzy; his nose was out of joint for at least 2 months or so, and he'd refuse to leave the bunny room to 'splore.

I'm so excited for your son and his fiancee! It's a lot of work, buying and moving into a new home, but also so much fun. :) Oh, and I can certainly relate about the stack of dishes that came out of your son's room...lol...boys!!! It's like they're afraid that some morning they'll wake up and all of the bowls/plates/forks/spoons/knives will have spontaneously evaporated from the face of the earth, so they store them away in every nook and cranny (usually either under the bed or under the pile of clothing on the floor) in preparation. :biggrin2:

Since my son's Great Dane puppy has left, there is a lot less disapproving thumping coming from the bunny room.

Its been rather quiet around here as bunny antics go. Sweetie is not herself though. She is eating and drinking but just not like she used to. I had to switch her to a bowl of water, drinking from the bottle was getting for hard for her. Old age is getting the best of her I think, she is old for a flemmie.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Since my son's Great Dane puppy has left, there is a lot less disapproving thumping coming from the bunny room.

I love how rabbits express themselves in such definitive terms. Anything that invades their space or threatens change evokes ground-shaking bunny WHUMPS!!

Its been rather quiet around here as bunny antics go.  Sweetie is not herself though.  She is eating and drinking but just not like she used to.  I had to switch her to a bowl of water, drinking from the bottle was getting for hard for her.  Old age is getting the best of her I think, she is old for a flemmie.

How old is Sweetie? I'd read that for larger bunnies, between 5 and 6 is getting up there. Yofi's already 4 (seems like I just got him!) and I guess would be considered on the verge of *old* for his breed.

I hope Sweetie perks up and is feeling better soon. :hug:

Miss Sweetie passed away this afternoon around 12:40 pm. I was cleaning bunny cages and had just given her some lovin, pets and told her what a great bunny she is and what a great momma she was. A few minutes later I looked over and she was going, I gave her a few more pets and she passed away.

When we first got her I tried calling her Onyx, but it just wasn't her. Karen was calling her Sweetie and that describe her so well. She had a very loving and gentle personality, she always took great care of her babies.

Sweetie was approximately 4 1/2 to 5 years old (the person we got her from did not give us an exact date). She was and will be loved by us forever.

Sweetie2-14-10.jpg

SweetiePeanut11-8-07.jpg

Sweetiesbabygivesherkisses10-23-07.jpg

Oh no....I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone. I can see so much of Nyx in her mama's pictures....I need to look up when we got her (unless you know already) to see how old Nyx is...

I'm glad it seemed to be a fairly quick passing and I'm glad you were there for her.

I love the photo of her with her baby - any idea which litter it was?

How are the other bunnies handling the loss of Sweetie? Is it hard for you when you walk into the room and see her empty spot - or have you moved things around?

It is hard to see her cage empty, I have had to stop myself from refilling her water bottle and food dish. Tonight when I was handing out treats I caught myself starting to grab one for her.

Before I took her outside to bury her, I let all the buns on the bottom cages to sniff her. They seem to be doing o.k.

This Saturday I will be taking her cage out and power washing it before I put it into storage in the garage. It will be hard to see that empty space for a while.

To be honest with you - I'm really struggling with y'all losing her - because it makes it so real to me that Nyx is getting older and someday - I will lose her too.

Alicia called me to check on me after she read about Sweetie because she knew I'd be upset. (I still tear up whenever I think about her and I never met her!)

Do you remember what year y'all came to San Antonio? We were trying to remember how old Nyx is.

Latest posts

Back