Quantcast

Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have a new addition, Miss Snowflake a white Flemish Giant.

I saw a classified ad in the newspaper "free to good home", these kind of ads make me mad. I told my wife, do we need another bunny? No, can we rescue every bun, no, but the ad said Flemish Giant and I have a very soft spot for them.

The ad appeared last week also, but when I called, I got a recording that said the number was no longer in service. So I left it at that and went about my week.... Today at work during break I looked through the classified ads and saw the same ad again with the same number. I contacted the newspaper and told them the phone number was not valid, they checked and it turns out they had entered the wrong area code.

I contacted the people and made arrangements to pickup the bunny. It was as I suspected Snowflake's hormones had kicked in and she was no longer cute and cuddly. To their credit they did have her in a adequate cage.
She is very frightened, understandable, she just had her world turned upside down. I gave her some fresh hay, phone book to shred and some toys to play with. Looking forward to getting to know her.

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Our rescue bunny Snowflake gave my wife and I quite a scare in the wee hours of New Year's day.

We came home around 1230 am to find her building a nest in her litter box.

The people we got her from said nothing about her possibly being pregnant.

So after a few days of waiting, no baby bunny's, that's a relief.

Latest posts