Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myheart wrote:
Dave, your collage looks great!! Thank you. So many beautiful fur-babies!! This just makes it a bit easier for me to put the bunners I want on my bun-nabbing list. **Let's see, I'll take....** ;)

What a nice looking tree with all of the presents under it! Which present was mine? I apparently didn't receive it yet. I guess someone else took it, so I think I'll take me a little baby Tiny bun instead. You didn't get the present? Hmm...I know I put it in the mail.;) Well if Tiny comes up missing I know where to start looking!

Was Daisy the only one who was allowed to see the tree? Titan, Rudy and Sweetie came out to check the presents, we didn't have the camera ready at the time. At least kitty knows who to try pouncing-practice on, and who not to mess with. My cats are pretty much to the point of only messing with each other, finally.

Sounds like you had a good Holiday. We did have a really nice holiday. Last night I finally got to play Modern Warfare on my Xbox on my new tv. It was great except for staying up half the night. Getting too old for that. Are you staying in tonight for New Years? I usually leave that sort of silliness to those youngsters who are used to indulging like that. So it's going to be a quiet night for me, which is a good thing. :p I hope you have a great New Year's.

myheart

Dave~ your collage looks great! I'm finally catching up on your blog.

We use a wood stove to heat the house also. Luckily my neighbor sells wood so he's been supplying us last and this winter.

It is a definitely a new year! We had a nice evening with my sister in law and the family. When we got home, I actually got to play Modern Warfare on my new tv! It was awesome!

I hope this is not a taste of whats to come this year. I went down to the basement to start a fire in the wood burner and get some clothes. When I went into the laundry room I stepped into water. There was a problem with the check valve on the sump pump. The hardware store we normally go to was closed, so we had to go to another and they were open! Luckily, it cost less then $10 and was relatively painless to install. Evidently I did it right because the sump hasn't overflowed.

I went into the bunny room this evening, filled water bottles and filled food dishes. When I was gathering bottles, I let Baby out of her cage. I went back in later and I noticed this one board I keep by Handsome's cage was out in the middle of the room. I was trying to figure out how it got there, then shrugged my shoulders and slid it back. Later, I was back in the bunny room and the board was out in the middle of the room again. While standing there wondering how it happened again, I spotted Baby was still out.

Happy that I hadn't lost what little of my mind I have left, I put Baby back into her cage.

Yofi sez: "MISS DAISY!!!! WOWZA!!!"

She looks super-alluring with that big red bow...like she's all gift-wrapped and just waiting for her beau to appear. :)

LOL... I love the picture of your kitty getting ready to pounce on Miss Daisy, because you can see exactly what would have happened, had he followed through. I'm sure there would have been one sorry kitty cat with only 8 lives remaining. For some reason Yofi doesn't like cats - not sure when it began, because when I first got him he was fine with all critters - and he's headbutted poor ol' Fritzie more times than I can count. Thankfully though, he has never ever bitten...just backed up, then reversed gears into full steam ahead and *CHARGE!!!!!!D*, whumping Fritz smack in the side. Given the size of the Yofster's head though, Fritz probably has wound up with bruised ribs more than once.

I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas! And I love the collage of bunnies (past and present) that you posted. I'm sorta envious when I see all your loved furry critters...makes me want to have room for so many more here. :)

(btw, how big is Daisy now? Yofi's around 12 lbs - last weigh-in, though he might have gained a pound since then. But Daisy looks to be even bigger!

Daisy sez to tell Yofi thank you. Alluring was the look she was going for.

Thank you, I was trying to make the collage big enough for all the bunny's to be seen, but not too large.

I don't know Daisy's weight. I learned a long time ago to never ask a woman her weight. Karen may have to ask Miss Daisy.

Doesn't he know that even another WOMAN is not allowed to ask a lady's weight?!

Maybe I can get HIM to stand on the scale, note the weight, then add Miss Daisy. ;)

This is nothing related to rabbits, but I thought some would get a chuckle.

On Saturday I was bringing wood up from the back of the lot for the wood burner we are using. I was gathering up the wood, tossing it in the wheelbarrow. I grabbed a piece of wood that was on the bottom of the pile when this little red squirrel came out from underneath and ran up the tree next to the wood pile.

I don't know who was more startled me or the squirrel. He moved so fast! As he scurried up the tree he was knocking off lots of the new fallen snow on my head. I guess that was my punishment for disturbing his little home.

I have so many to catch up here. Long time I didn't log on. How are you and your family ? I hope you all had wonderful time during X'mas and new year party. :) How's Daisy Mae ? :) Any stunts again ? hehe :)

Thank you we did have a very nice Christmas and New Year.

Well good communication is always important in any relationship. If there is no communication or lack of any at all incidents happen. For example, last Saturday I made a list of what errands I need to run and ask my lovely wife for the money to do them. On my list was get a haircut, then rabbit food and bunny litter, plus some banana chips to avoid a rebellion in the herd. I also had a friend dropping off some firewood and Karen said (I didn't hear her) she would get the bun food and litter, so I could be home when he stopped by.

So off I went and got my haircut, stopped at my parents and then headed for the feed store to get my bunny supplies. I brought the food and litter home and put it away.

Later Karen came home from doing some other errands and asked for help in unloading the groceries. When I went and opened the van door, there was another 50lb bag of bun food and another 40lb bag of litter! Now in my defence I had not had my morning can of Mountain Dew, therefore, I was operating in a caffiene less state of consciousness.

So were good for bun supplies for awhile.

All the bunnies are doing well. Ms. Dutchess is on antibiotics for a couple of weeks, but she is eating, drinking and doing her business well. I am not worried about her. Ms. Daisy had a nice run around the living room and dining room after church today. Karen thwarted her planned exploration of our bedroom by shutting the half bath door. Daisy was not amused and thumped her displeasure.

Karen had to work yesterday, which brought her hours for the week to 54. She came home from taking our daughter to her beauty appointment and announced she was going to take a nap, then get up and do some housework. That was at 12:30pm, by the time she got up at 7:30pm, Ihad brought in firewood, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned rabbit cages and installed a new kitchen light, plus played Call of Duty Modern Warfare on the xbox 360.

I think she was a little tired. I am very proud of her though, she went from not working for 2 years to working 10 hour days. On top of that getting up at 4:30am to get ready for work. She is not a morning person. I try to get over to her plant at lunch time to give her a neck rub and a hug. As long as the weather isn't too cold for me to walk across the parking lot.

Where did Karen get a job and WHEN did she get one? This is awesome news as I know you guys both wanted her to find one!!!

Tell her congrats from us and that Finster is finally gonna put his ears down!

How wonderful for you both that Karen was able to find work. I remember how much of a stress it was for you guys. Oof, that sounds like hard work indeed. I am glad she is getting some well-deserved rest. Hehehe I had to laugh at the incident with the squirrel. I could just picture it. :biggrin:I looove red squirrels. Hehehe you are right about communication. At least it is something that you will definitely use. :)

I don't know Daisy's weight. I learned a long time ago to never ask a woman her weight. Karen may have to ask Miss Daisy.

I'm running a bit behind, but just saw this. LOL! Karen, you've got him well trained...:biggrin:

And congrats to you Karen, on the new job! I hope you're enjoying it (despite the long hours)

My Dear Finster ~

Thank you for helicoptering your ears so faithfully! I did finally start a new job. It's not in pharmacy...drat...but I am not giving up on that dream/goal. I am working in pre-production at Dave's company (easy assembly, lots of unwrapping parts, etc.). I can sit down when needed, and share a work table with another very nice lady named ROBIN. (That's a name you probably like a lot :) ) We get along well and it helps pass the day more quickly.

I started on January 12th...after applying January 10th. So you could say I hopped right into this new job. I am working 10 hour days, so 10 hours a week are overtime (1 1/2) pay. Last week, I worked 54 hours!!! I am pooped. I have to get up every morning at 4:30 so I can be at work by 6 am. So that means I go to bed at...get this...8:30 or 9:00 pm! Your Mama Peggy knows that is WAY EARLY for me, LOL! But, if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep, I get too tired at work. I get home at 5 pm, and can either make supper, or do housework, - not both. Usually Dave and Krissy vote that I fix dinner, and then they clean up.

Working this much is challenging for me, but I am looking forward to paying off some bills, building up our savings account, getting our furnace fixed, and buying a new dishwasher.

I hope all of my friends will forgive me for not being around as much as usual, and know that I am thinking about them EVERY DAY while I am getting callouses on my fingers and money in my bank account. I especially thank you, dear Finster, for your support all of these months. You are a very special wabbit! I will do some special binkies this Friday, in your honor, when I get my first full paycheck. Will you join me? Awesome!!

Love,

Your Auntie Karen

Latest posts

Back