Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wabbitmom12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
How far is Elkhart form Indianapolis?

Just curious as I think I heard next year's ARBA convention will be in Indianapolis...

SERIOUSLY?? I hadn't heard that. It's about 3 hours to north Indy, 3 1/2 to 4 to the south end of town. Definitely drivable. Probably not a lot more that what you have to drive from Del Rio to San Antonio, right? ;)
I could be wrong....so don't quote me on that yet. I thought I read where someone said that next year was Indianapolis and then 2012 was Kansas.

But I know that I'd LOVE to see Nyx's original breeder parents again....even if it means coming THERE....

Only this time we're getting a hotel room so we can hang out longer (and hopefully planning to hang out longer). The time we had together in San Antonio was great - but far too short.

TinysMom wrote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
How far is Elkhart form Indianapolis?

Just curious as I think I heard next year's ARBA convention will be in Indianapolis...

SERIOUSLY?? I hadn't heard that. It's about 3 hours to north Indy, 3 1/2 to 4 to the south end of town. Definitely drivable. Probably not a lot more that what you have to drive from Del Rio to San Antonio, right? ;)
I could be wrong....so don't quote me on that yet.  I thought I read where someone said that next year was Indianapolis and then 2012 was Kansas.

But I know that I'd LOVE to see Nyx's original breeder parents again....even if it means coming THERE....

Only this time we're getting a hotel room so we can hang out longer (and hopefully planning to hang out longer).  The time we had together in San Antonio was great - but far too short.

Absolutely! But, it is great that we (you and I) occasionally phone and text each other, as well as Facebook and RO. But that doesn't get to include your hubby - that guy who makes me laugh!

Heck, if you were going to drive all the way to Indy, we'd be sure to be there too. And if you could stand driving 3 more hours, you could spend a day or two in Northern Indiana also :)...and meet the REST of the herd!

Thanks, Daisy rolled out a little tp, I thought she was going to grab the end and bolt back down the hallway.

Peg, that would be great to see you guys again.

I am glad Karen has been posting replies, I stopped getting updates notices from RO. So I switched to the email that our internet provider provides and had problems with it. I THINK I have it working, but I have been wrong many times before.

Miss Daisey has learned how to jump back over the gate back into the bunny room! So now when I herd her back towards the bunny room she can get herself back in, good girl.

Tonight Karen and I went to Applebee's for Veterans day. Its nice because we only had to pay for her dinner. Enjoyed the company of other veterans too. The place was very busy of course, but while we waited we talked to another vet and it was nice. Then they called our name and they were going to seat us. Well we only had been waiting for 50 minutes and this gentleman and his wife had been waiting for 90 minutes!

I told Karen I am going to give them our table since they had been waiting far longer then we had. He and his wife thanked us and went in to eat. He later stopped by our table on the way out to thank us again. That was really nice of him, he didn't have too. I told him we vet's take care of each other and he was welcome.

Well I think its time to go distribute hay and bunny treats.

Something very interesting happened tonight. I was cleaning cages and was at the point where I let Carmel, Titan and Rudy out to play. Carmel started to be a stinker so I put him back in his house.

Rudy was in a empty cage and Titan hopped in with Rudy. Titan did the dominance thing and then startedto groom Rudy. Titan then layed next to Rudy, occasionally groomed him then would settle down and lay next to Rudy. Rudy got up and hopped over to his cage and Titan followed him. In the past, Rudy always fights Titan if he tries to get into his cage. This time he didn't and they been keeping each other company since 5:30 tonight.

Here are some pictures of the two:

TitanRudybw11-12-10.jpg

TitanRudybwincage11-12-10.jpg

TitangroominRudy11-12-10.jpg

TitanRudytogether11-12-10.jpg

:) awwwww they're finally best friends :) I really like the second pic of them, the little black boy on the right is so cute :) It's like he wanted to say " what dad ? We're friends now ? Why so surprised ? They're really cute :)

Well, I have a question..sorry if it bothers you.The Mini lop boy ( If I'm right ), he's on well- weight ? How old is he ? I don't know if my Kimiko is too thin or too fat ? :?

Bunny parents wrote:
:) awwwww they're finally best friends :) I really like the second pic of them, the little black boy on the right is so cute :) It's like he wanted to say " what dad ? We're friends now ? Why so surprised ? They're really cute :)

Well, I have a question..sorry if it bothers you.The Mini lop boy ( If I'm right ), he's on well- weight ? How old is he ? I don't know if my Kimiko is too thin or too fat ? :?

Thank you, I think they are very cute bunny's.

Well Titan the black bun is a flemish giant and is over 20 poundsand Rudy is a five year old french lop and is about 12 pounds.

Bunny parents wrote:

Rudy the Mini Lop IS a bit on the pudgy side. For a rabbit, he just doesn't get that into exercise, lol.

Just realized I haven't updated for a while.

All the buns are doing well, I was in trouble the other day with Daisy. I let Sweetie out and was lovin her up. Miss Daisy was upset up and down her shelf and was giving me the "look". In some ways its similiar to the one my wife gives me when I accidently do something wrong. I know its hard to believe we husbands make errors, but I've been told it happens.

Anyway I had to do a lot of petting and sweet talking to dig myself out of that hole. A couple of craisins didn't hurt either. That never works with the wife though.;)

I keep telling myself I need to take pictures of Titan and Mr. Handsome together to show everyone how big he is getting. I am thinking of bonding Mr. Rudy and Ms. Sweetie. They are so gentle and I think they will makea good pair. They had one date and it went well. I am going to get them together tomorrow night.

Its been fun watching my big bunny's do binkies. I just wish I had a camera to catch Titan, Sweetie, Mr. Handsome, Daisy and Rudy in the act.

I work Monday and then I am off the rest of the week. So I am going to try and get the pictures collected for the herd collage. Providing my lovely, wonderful, sweet, patient, understanding wife doesn't have too many things for me to do. Love you dear!:biggrin2:

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I work Monday and then I am off the rest of the week.  So I am going to try and get the pictures collected for the herd collage.  Providing my lovely, wonderful, sweet, patient, understanding wife doesn't have too many things for me to do.  Love you dear!:biggrin2:

Haven't you heard of the HONEY-DO list?!

Very unusual for Indiana in late November. Where I live we are under a tornado watch until 2:30 am. It is 62F at 8pm, not normal at all, usually it is cold and snowy.

Tuesday after I take my wife out for breakfast (its really adistraction I am hoping she forgets to have me do stuff around the house).

Hopefully I will be able to work on the collage of the herd and get some bunny supplies.

lol, are men always like this ? Is this why my hubby took me out for a shopping, even if he just told me the other day that I have too many shoes ??? :D hahaha. Now I know you guys' tricks. He won't get me next time, ok... only if I have a permission for another pair of shoes, lol

Oh, Daisy :) She just jealous of Sweetie. :)

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Very unusual for Indiana in late November. Where I live we are under a tornado watch until 2:30 am. It is 62F at 8pm, not normal at all, usually it is cold and snowy.
We had a tornado watch until 6pm, too! It seemed weird to me, but I have a hard time remembering when "tornado season" ends. I always thought it was mostly a summer thing.

Momto3boys wrote:
We just have snow, snow and more snow!!

If you can, could you keep it upthere until December 23rd?:biggrin2:

Today went to the feed store to get more bun food, hay, litter and food for the dogs. Our rat terrier has ocd when it comes to a new bag of food he will sit and guard it for days.

I knew I was getting low on hay, but didn't realize how low until I filled up the tub, I keep in the house and that emptied the storage container I use. This is the last cut of the season and it contains a lot of grassy hay and they love it.

I got Mr. Handsome out for his run time tonight and saw some amazing binkies. Mr. Tiny was out tonight also and he enjoyed his time exploring.

:whistling I am going to select the photo's tonight. I was planning on doing it this morning, but I ended up outside splitting wood and stacking more up by the house. Right now its the only heat we have, so wood collection came first. I am going to do one of the current herd and the ones that have passed over the bridge.

Latest posts

Back