Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bananachipsfirstandsecondtry.jpg

The one on the left is the first try. The picture on the left the banana chip is actually more light with a dark center.

Some of mine look like that. The bunnies love them. I however hate bananas so i didn't try them.

What do you think is wrong with yours?:?

Susan:)

I think your banana chips look good in the pics. I don't know how to prepare them, though, but it's a good idea to learn. Who knows what sort of stuff they put in stuff sold in packages.. it's always more reliable to eat what you yourself prepared.
Don't get mad at Ms. Pudge.. she didn't know what she was doing.
And I'm sorry about Miss Dutchess, I hope she gets well very soon! Was she the one eating oats to gain weight after having a dental issue? Well I hope all your bunnies are ok. And if you know another guy who likes bunnies and likes to cook, do laundry & dishes, pays bills, buys me gifts, install and fix electrical stuff or just stuff in general, tell him I need someone like that here. LOL I'm taking applications for the "man" job. :D

Earlier this week Carmel almost became Carmelita.

He was trying to dominate Titan on his head, Titan who is 3 time his size, and had cornered Titan behind Sweeties cage. I went to separate them and found my left hand covered in blood! I picked Carmel up and then I had blood on both hands, my jeans, the floor.

I called for help and I flipped him over and we checked him over. Titan had nipped Carmel on his rabbithood. Just a little nick and I never heard Carmel make a sound. We cleaned him up and have checked him since. All bodily functions are normal. He seems no worse for wear.

Tried another batch of banana chips today and will see how the buns like them.

Yesterday we had rain and thunderstorms, temps in the 50'stoday we have 1 inch of snow and temps in the low 30's! Only in Indiana.

Tell Titan not to feel too bad - Tiny did that once to a buck that got loose and wanted to mount his head. I think it is instinctive for a buck to want to protect himself when that happens....

My buck turned out fine too - just a wee bit shorter than he had been before...

Friday was an interesting day. I went into work early because I was getting some blood drawn at my doctor's for a physical later in the month. I left work for the doctor's office and hit literally every green light and very little traffic. It took less time to get there then it takes me to get home. Now I have been fasting for 12 hours. I got there and checked in and they said we have you down for an x-ray. I said of what? I am here to have blood drawn, I am starving and someone is going to take my blood so I can eat! So all the time I saved getting there was wasted. I had to be worked in.

Early, early in the morning I was on my way to work and realized I didn't have my glasses. Need them for reading things close up, arms aren't long enough any more. So I called my wife to see if she could bring them with her. We work at the same company now. She said she already had left. So I had to work the entire day without my glasses. Looked for them when I got home and couldn't find them, looked in the car etc everywhere.

My wife and daughter were leaving for the beauty parlor and shopping. My daughter came running back in with my glasses. She found them in the street! I had run to the feed store, turned the car around in the drive to park it on the street, cars and trucks have gone up and down the street, how they didn't get flattened I don't know. But I can see now!

Wow! I'm so glad they were found. Glasses aren't cheap. :expressionless I'm putting off having my eyes checked again myself. Lol. Still amazing that she found them :)

Success! I tried another batch of banana chips yesterday and did them for six hours. Then before they cooled totally, I added a little banana flavoring and shook the bag, then let them set.

I took them in for treat time and not one bun turned them down!

Totally un-bunny related, but it is something that totally amazed me. My sonwaslooking at our cell phone bill for February. He gets this wide eyed look on his face and says dad guess how many text messages for Kristin. I said 6240 and he told me I was four off, she had 6236. He had 1400, my wife had 600 and I had 400 text messages.

I figured she would be complaining of sore thumbs or fingers!

Poor Carmel reinjured himself tonight. He will have to have seperate playtime for a while. I think he broke the scab open.

I was also tagged teamed by father and son tonight. Handsome sprayed me across my feet and Titan sprayed me across my arms. I expect Handsome to do something like that, he usually does on his time out, but not from by Titan buddy.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Totally un-bunny related, but it is something that totally amazed me.  My son was looking at our cell phone bill for February.  He gets this wide eyed look on his face and says dad guess how many text messages for Kristin.  I said 6240 and he told me I was four off, she had 6236.  He had 1400, my wife had 600 and I had 400 text messages.

I figured she would be complaining of sore thumbs or fingers!

Poor Carmel reinjured himself tonight.  He will have to have seperate playtime for a while.  I think he broke the scab open. 

I was also tagged teamed by father and son tonight.  Handsome sprayed me across my feet and Titan sprayed me across my arms.  I expect Handsome to do something like that, he usually does on his time out, but not from by Titan buddy.
this is kristin speaking! It's not me! It's my friends! I swear!(lol) Don't forget that text amounts is both sending and receiving! :mad: (lol)

Well, the 4-H rabbit club news letter came out, and there was someone who has a e-lop doe, very affectionate but not showable or breedable. If they don't find her a home she goes to market. Her name is Jenny.

I know I can't save every bunny, but they are looking for a good pet home for her. It would take a little cage rearranging but we have a cage available.

You NEED another e-lop doe....really. They make life so interesting...they're like potato chips.

I wish I could get another elop doe...oh well.

By the way - speaking of e-lop does.....

I HAD a bale of hay (well - a good portion of it) and "the girls" decided it would be nice bedding.

[align=center]
IMG_0199.jpg

[/align][align=left]Left to right: Thunder, Nyx (darling herd matron) - and Ellie Mae - (our elop doe that has head tilt).[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]See how much fun it would be to have another doe...
[/align]

Offer them good hay....or a buck.

They're all wanting to breed (except for Thunder who I think is pregnant).

TinysMom wrote:
Offer them good hay....or a buck.

They're all wanting to breed (except for Thunder who I think is pregnant).

Titan or Mr. Handsome would be willing and able!

I am hoping that the e-lop has already found a home. I just can't see a pet rabbit going to the meat market.

You know me Peg, I've never met a rabbit I didn't love. If we do get her, I am hoping she and Rudy can be bonded. That would save cage space, Rudy has always been looking for that doe that will groom and groom and groom him.

If that is the case (the way my luck would go) - she'd hate him from the start.

Trust me. Years ago we got a french lop cause I just knew Tiny needed a girl his own size...since the other girls adored him too.

HA HA.

They hated each other....and they hated me for trying to bring them together.

Personally, I'd think that your sweet e-lop needs another partner-in-crime....and take that as the best reason!

:X Just got to vent. I mistakenly mentioned to a lady I work with that I was trying to rescue a pet rabbit so it did not go to the butchers. Her comment was rabbit stew! To put in mildlyshe is a insensitive pain in the butt. You don't have conversations with her, you listen.

O.k. I am done. I am still waiting to hear from the woman who has this elop.

[align=center]
IMG_0199.jpg

Titan is a bad bun biting Carmel.... sometimes I want to have 2 bunnies, but I think they'd fight..
The pic of the bunnies is so cute!

I finally got a email back from the lady with the elop that would go to a butcher if she doesn't find a home. The bunny has a abnormal chest cavity and with that trait being genetic, that is why she is not breedable.

Here are a couple of pictures of Jenny. I likeher nameso I think she will keep her name.

Jenny-3.jpg

Jenny-4.jpg

Latest posts

Back